Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A new problem has cropped up...Don't have new expansion but have cc beds...

Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
edited August 2022 in General Mods Discussion
Hi, just a quick question, Origin the poop that it is decided to force me to update my game, as has happened to some of you, but on the plus side, my Sims have sexual orientation now but as I don't have the new expansion, do I need to update ALL of my cc beds or am I good until I buy the expansion and then upgrade them?

And another very important one I just realised I have to ask...when I finally managed to get into the game and ran a brand new game to test (without mods) I noticed that the new world didn't appear in the world selection. And I just checked again and no greyed out new world. The previous worlds always have showned even though I don't own expansions that they came with, but are usually just greyed out. Does that mean that the update/repair fudged something in my game and I have to re-install?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    CC beds broke due to the addition of the new bed animations for the High School Years Expansion Pack. Toddler beds were ok.

Not sure about the missing world icon.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Don't think there's a way to upgrade the beds via creators (haven't seen any or at least the few ones I have get updated)

BUT if you have Sims studio you can use a batch fix to fix all the CC beds so that they work properly.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • ZorgaZorga Posts: 614 Member
    sims always, always had sexual orientation. Just now, instead of just liking who they like, they declare it.
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    Sorry for answering so late. I had a major migraine episode yesterday and I had no business being in front of a computer and boy did my rebellious head punish me :expressionless: But anyway... New problem has cropped up. I still don't have the new world from the Highschool pack show up (greyed out btw, don't have the expansion) and this new problem or a problem I didn't know I had, is the whims and wants. I do have those turned on always and I have used them religiously because I wan't my Sims to earn some of the aspiration store bought traits. But now, my Wants are broken and for me the game is broken. The wants that appear when my Sims are in a feeling mode (happy, sad, energized), do not appear. But the other two do, but I can not delete them. I can complete them and get new ones of those two but there is no possibility to delete them. I have tried everything.

I have turned them off and on. I have removed ALL my mods and cc. Removed the Sims folder and had it regenerate and then I did a repair. Then I went again into the game, with NO mods or cc, and same problem. The wants are wonky and the new world doesn't appear. With a new game. I tested out a new game and same problem. With a new fresh game with no mods.

So. All I can think is that the update got somehow wronged and I need to reinstall the whole game. But I have no idea how to do a clean install. I mean. When Origin starts working again I mean. Is it enough to uninstall through Origin or do I have to do something else? And about installing...I bought the base game on a disk. I still have the disk but do I use that to reinstall?

I am feeling very insecure now.
    Zorga wrote: »
    sims always, always had sexual orientation. Just now, instead of just liking who they like, they declare it.

Oh that is so true. But it is nice that there is not just a middle way and my Sims can go either way as well as being asexual :smiley:
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Don't think there's a way to upgrade the beds via creators (haven't seen any or at least the few ones I have get updated)

BUT if you have Sims studio you can use a batch fix to fix all the CC beds so that they work properly.

Oh yeah, I love Sims Studio and I will (haven't yet) update to newest version so I can fix my old mattresses and beds that I know won't be fixed. Some of the creators whose newer beds I use have updated their beds but I have a huge collection of old beds and mattresses that I know that will not be updated.

I do love Sims Studio. It has really been my lifeline as it fixes a lot of issues with old CC (that I love to use) as new packs are added.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    @Stina1701A Your game is not broken. That's how wants work in the game now. There are two wants which can't be cancelled, but will reroll in the mornings and maybe other times. You can get a potion to change them. And there is also a mod by Lumpinou which allows you to reroll them using the shift click cheat. There are also fears in the third spot, but they don't always show up right away.
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    edited August 2022
    telemwill wrote: »
    @Stina1701A Your game is not broken. That's how wants work in the game now. There are two wants which can't be cancelled, but will reroll in the mornings and maybe other times. You can get a potion to change them. And there is also a mod by Lumpinou which allows you to reroll them using the shift click cheat. There are also fears in the third spot, but they don't always show up right away.

Oh god! I had no idea. I thought the fear system would come with Highschool pack. Now I'm blushing. I don't usually read much upon new things that come with a pack because I like to be surprised but I usually always pay attention to things that are added to basegame but apparently not this time. Thank you so much @telemwill I can breath a bit easier. But I still don't have the new world appearing grey in residential worlds. But I am not going to worry about this now. I am just gonna put my updated mods in and cc and all my saved files and start playing.

Well. Start playing tomorrow. My head is still not 100% Thanks much guys.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    CC beds broke due to the addition of the new bed animations for the High School Years Expansion Pack. Toddler beds were ok.

Not sure about the missing world icon.

Toddler CC beds weren't ok they broke to. I had a ton of beds for toddlers and had to take them out.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,777 Member
    Sims 4 Studios now has a batch fix for the beds.