Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 High School Year's Negative thread

Comments

• MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    It would be a bit underwhelming if the rides at the amusement park end up being all rabbit holes, because what can our sims actually do there then? take photos using the photo booth and eat food? that does not feel like enough fun stuff to do there then. I cannot comment yet on most of the other stuff like classes, clubs, crushes and so on since their gameplay is kinda vague to me right now.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    My first thought while watching the trailer was "what kind of high schooler has a full on double bed?" lol I had a really small twin bed when I was in high school.

I had one once I was a teen and the older sisters moved out so I actually had my own room. There was a double because we had to share a room (all five kids) so one set of bunkbeds, one double & baby brother in a crib. Once an addition was built my two older sisters got the double in their own room. Oh and one bathroom.
    Oh and of course my baby brother got his own room as soon as possible. No favortism for the only boy. Hmmm

"Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    I've uh...had a double bed since I was a like 12. I didn't know that was unusual O___O
  • MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    I'm ok with this pack, but I wish they added a movie theater, an arcade or a mall with this pack vs an amusement park. When I was a teen, those were the places were where my peers hung out at because they were affordable venues to go to. Amusement parks were far away and too pricey. Even though I think we need an amusement park in the sims 4, I think the way it looked in the trailer is not fleshed out, it looks like it is mostly rabbit holes and I also think amusement parks are more appropriate for younger kids or a family play centered activities pack where it could be fully fleshed out with kiddie/toddler rides alongside the teen/adult rides. The amusement park could have been placed within a standalone pack or included in a school kids pack that has similar features as this highschool pack. (which is something I also really really want!) But again, I like what I've seen thus far.
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Okay my only complaint for now is .I don't like the teens look.They don't look like terns they look like young adults.

Been that way since the beginning of TS4. Opportunity missed again.
  • LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    edited July 2022
    I too noticed that they did nothing with the looks of teens, so looks like we're not getting them to be redone. A shame.

As for the pack itself, meh. I mean, I'm not feeling very negative or positive about it, lol. I will need high school stuff for a story idea, but that's a long time away. Currently, there's nothing I saw that makes me go "YEAHHHH I GOTTA GET THIS NOW". So it's a "wait for sale" for me, most likely. And no bands, unfortunately. Although that could mean that bands will get their own GP, so that could be a plus. But for now, I'll be having fun with my Werewolves.
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    edited July 2022
    Another old mining town? I’m sick of having scrap materials and abandoned shells decorating my worlds. When we don’t have the option to remove neighbourhood decor, they could at least limit that stuff to being only on buildable lots and placed with debug.

I don’t like heavy theming, I want a blank slate, and we already have the werewolf world and the eco world for upcycled abandoned mines.

Hopefully this new world won’t have any of that junk lying around, and we have some lots with shared borders to make a cosy suburban area, in addition to the lot on the edge of town, by the river and woods.
  • Kai252018Kai252018 Posts: 76 Member
    I want to watch the trailer over and over again like I used to do but lately these trailers are becoming annoying to me.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    sireneiles wrote: »
    Few things that i like that are missing and should not considering the theme of the pack :
    1/ A new lot (arcade) should be introduced but it looks like it is not. Arcade is THE place for young people, especially teens !
    2/ More games and after school activities. I was expecting something like Dungeon and dragons, cards games, fan fictions writing, bands, art club but none of these things will take place. Why ? It feels like a huge part of the teenagers were left out right there. Not everyone care about being popular or hot. But it’s the only options that are yet again pushed to the front
    3/ Why is the carnival a rabbit hole ? what’s the point of going there ? have an ice cream and play pretend that my sim is having fun since i can’t actually watch the animations play out ?
    4/ Looks like the teacher career won’t get an upgrade which mean your teen sims will meet their teachers in active school, but as a teacher you can’t play actively ? it does not make sense… we could have needed that upgraded career.
    5/ No sleeping bags ? why ??
    6/ Teens look too old in this trailer. I know it’s inspired from riverdale but we need a base game update on this life stage to have it proper looking teenagers

Yes!

The very few after class activities is a big disappointment. If there is some cross pack exchange then I will be happy.

I would not appreciate having a teen playing football and then switching to soccer in Uni. Maybe if you have both Uni and High School your sims can have soccer all the way or football all the way. Why couldn’t they add running or swimming as a sport? Guess it is mainly cheer that I dislike, good to figure that out.

I wish that there would be a club for creative sims. Now there is something for the sport-sims, but no photography, writing or drawing for creative sims. Hey, at least I can make my own club via Get Together-clubs but I need to see how school works.

I have never used the group-dance feature that we have from Get Together so cheer will not add much to me personally. I haven’t used slow dancing once and I have had Tartosa for a good long time. Prom is not interesting to me, a little odd to go down on a bended knee for a dance.

Hmm, the body hair thing sounds fun but not enough to cover an expansion.

It comes down to how much I can change the school experience to jive with my other packs and how much I can switch in an occult experience. If you don’t see much of either cheer or football unless you pursue it then it could work. Then I could make my own after school activities and it would be much more interesting. That could be a good actually. Guess I will have to see some vids to be sure.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    edited July 2022
    The only thing that would end up a negative for me is if you are forced to always go with your Sim to school. I doubt it will be that way though. I won't mind going every other day or so, but not every day. I don't mind the American vibe, being American myself that is what I grew up with, but would have been nice to include other cultures too.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    Omri147 wrote: »
    My first thought while watching the trailer was "what kind of high schooler has a full on double bed?" lol I had a really small twin bed when I was in high school.
    I have no idea how it's called in English but as a teenager (and still now actually) I and many people I know had this '1.5 bed' which is like almost a double bed but not really, I'm sure it has an official name...

So since The Sims 4 only has single or double beds, a double bed looks closer in size to it. You can even see one in most of the premade household homes that have teenagers, like Cassandra Goth's bedroom.

I know what type of bed you mean. I don't know the English name for this type of bed either but it is more common for teens than a full double bed in my area. That type of bed between single and double would have been a good addition for a high school pack.
  • MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    What I don't understand: for the last years the Sims was all about diversity and then they add so stereotype sports like football and cheerleading to the game. Wouldn't unisex sports be better like swimming, tennis or running. There are so many popular sports all over the world which are not associated to a specific sex.
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited July 2022
    I see the sims are still living in Twitterselves nation instead of Sim Nation.

Hard to see the difference between HSY and University with the lack of parents and siblings in the trailer. Why not show how parents react when teens sneak out? Why not show a moody teen hanging out with the family at the pier? Or being stuck babysitting a younger sibling? I like the photo booth but again there's no group picture. And yay more influencer gameplay...

Anyway, like MWS this is something I would've added to my collection early on. But I'm done buying TS4 packs. I will just keep holding off from updating the game (haven't updated since March). I suspect CC will break once again when we get the update for body hair.
    Post edited by lunaoddity on
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    To be honest I don't like the idea of American Football in this expansion pack. As an european I have no idea how it works. It could be better to add soccer/football instead (or additionaly) because it is much more popular and easier to understand around the world.

10042.jpeg

In the other hand it is funny that the trailer is very diverse and represent only a single culture same time.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    To be honest I don't like the idea of American Football in this expansion pack. As an european I have no idea how it works. It could be better to add soccer/football instead (or additionaly) because it is much more popular and easier to understand around the world.

10042.jpeg

In the other hand it is funny that the trailer is very diverse and represent only a single culture same time.

We had soccer in University though.
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    It'd be nice if they had made the teens shorter, but since they didn't I can recommend the mod Auto shorter teens, I've been using it for a couple years and it works great. I recommend the shortest option for maximum effect. Also if you have MC Command Center you can adjust teen body parts to appear slimmer/less developed than adult sims.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »

10042.jpeg

Given that there's a whole field dedicated to this American football sport I sure hope that sims will be able to play it in at least pairs of two if not in full teams. Also, jog around as I saw there was a running track too. I want to see some competitions. Molly had a lot of ribbons on her wall, hope she actually won them at something and that they were not just decoration.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    edited July 2022
    There are issues with the dress code of this high school

In France, Britney Spears' outfit is banned.
    Boys can't even wear shorts, it's one week ban for wearing shorts and flip-flops.

artwor10.jpgmlkeh0txdlgd.jpg

• Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    Melisendre wrote: »
    What I don't understand: for the last years the Sims was all about diversity and then they add so stereotype sports like football and cheerleading to the game. Wouldn't unisex sports be better like swimming, tennis or running. There are so many popular sports all over the world which are not associated to a specific sex.

I am going defended them on this.Most high schools in America don't have team's like that or sports like that.They are track teams that do Olympic like stuff.That included running.Even than that is gendered boys do not compete with girls.Because of physical differences
    Football and cheer leading is something that most American schools would have.The second would be basketball.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    There are issues with the dress code of this high school

In France, Britney Spears' outfit is banned.

artwor10.jpgmlkeh0txdlgd.jpg

Good reason to send those sims to detention room. :lol: Also, no make-up. :smile:
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Is there going to be only one window we can sneak out of? Cuz that would be a shame. There are a lot of windows that are roughly that size and shape, so couldn't they be edited? All the hard work is done with the animation, so really it would be like putting a lot of skins on it. You know, skins that are already made.

Also, that trellis is clearly a ladder skin, and we could definitely use more ladder skins. I'm not asking for dozens of skins like with stairs, just three or four.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Is there going to be only one window we can sneak out of? Cuz that would be a shame. There are a lot of windows that are roughly that size and shape, so couldn't they be edited? All the hard work is done with the animation, so really it would be like putting a lot of skins on it. You know, skins that are already made.

Very few of the windows in game are built correctly to be able to open. It would involve editing a lot of meshes, textures and animation rigs, so not quite as simple as "putting a skin on it".

Also, windows would probably need to be a close match size-wise in order for a sim to fit through without clipping.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Melisendre wrote: »

How can a sport be a stereotype? 🤨
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • favrielfavriel Posts: 72 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    I really dislike the clothes.

They tried to emulate gen Z/ Tiktok style, but it's like it was done via a quick google search and a surface level understanding. Their check list was 1) thrifting 2) bold patterns.
    It looks horrible. Fairly certain it was done by the same team who did Eco Lifestyle clothes, cool idea in theory, awful execution by a team who's really out of touch.

The clothes were not designed by the sims team, people who designed them are real Depop sellers who thrift clothes/customize them
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    They mentioned some identity feature, im assuming its something related to lbgt+, itd be nice to see them implement an orientation feature, so your sims can be set on who theyre attracted to.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top