Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 High School Year's Negative thread

Comments

• ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    After an afternoon and evening playing High School Years. It’s okay, some of it is good. I’ll post what I liked in the positive thread,

Here I’ll post what I found lacking. There is so much missed opportunity. The school is so big and empty.

I’ve taken the stuff in the basement and moved to the ground floor and then deleted the stairs. The cafe is much shorter. Much better. Why so much open space? 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️.
    No idea what upstairs but I think I’ll move it down, it’s annoying for them to keep going up and down stairs.

There doesn’t seem to be individual actions. Cassandra Goth had no unique actions related to her character.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • 007Ecko007Ecko Posts: 22 Member
    I still have the issue with sims (not from my household) trying to cook white cakes. Now with the teens always bursting into my house, there is always a half prepared white cake. Also they will ask every single person in my household to be their best friend and to go to prom. Also when I was traveling to meet other teens, in other worlds, all the previous teens I met, followed me and would burst into the new house I was at and ask to be bffs. I mean obsession. I was not like that as a teen.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Also my teens have been asked by their own mom if she should have another baby. I felt bad for them, so cringe!
    Oh god, Teens are still asking unknown adults to prom or to be best friends. I thought this was supposed to be fixed.... >.>

I get this one all the time too, I mean I guess it's nice that the parents ask their own kids if they want more siblings, semi-realistic in a way if not annoying. But my gosh, this particular family is cursed with twins, no mods or lot traits. Just two sets of twins in a row aha. So no, Sera, it's not a good idea to have another baby, because you might have twins again. >.> and I'm having a hard enough time wrangling your family with autonomy off as is, lol.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    pearlbh wrote: »
    Oh god, Teens are still asking unknown adults to prom or to be best friends. I thought this was supposed to be fixed.... >.>

I had that happen last night(prom), and because he appropriately said no, now they have a negative relationship.

My sims son's crush came and asked the dad if he'll go to prom as friends...it was hella awkward, cause he then stuck around and gave himself pop-talks in the mirror... Like, rub it in dude.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    @007Ecko That sounds like the Foodies Unite NAP. Check your mailbox to see what NAPs are active (if you have Eco Lifestyle-- if not, this is not what's causing your problem.)
    If Foodies Unite is there, you can either repeal it through gameplay (start at the mailbox) or use a cheat to get rid of it. The cheat should be easily found if you google.
  • 007Ecko007Ecko Posts: 22 Member
    @mightysprite Yes you are right I have Foodies Unite from eco lifestyle as one of the NAPs. I can cheat to remove it. Thank you!
    edited August 2022
    Has anyone else encountered a bug when ordering pizza?

Bella Goth ordered some for the family, it was breakfast and none of my Sims get a stove until they advance in cooking.

As soon as she ordered it the screen went dark grey. The dark grey was transparent so I could the buttons/everything behind. They were as normal but I couldn’t click on them or do anything else. No way to cancel the pizza. Had to Crtl, Alt and delete out. 😭.

I was able to order food before HSY was added. 🙄🤦🏼‍♂️.

I will repair but better not order any other food (pizza, Zoomers, groceries etc) until I know it’s safe!
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    What I do is after I enabled cheats, I shift click the mailbox and instant repeal unwanted NAPs.
    @007Ecko That sounds like the Foodies Unite NAP. Check your mailbox to see what NAPs are active (if you have Eco Lifestyle-- if not, this is not what's causing your problem.)
    If Foodies Unite is there, you can either repeal it through gameplay (start at the mailbox) or use a cheat to get rid of it. The cheat should be easily found if you google.

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Also my teens have been asked by their own mom if she should have another baby. I felt bad for them, so cringe!

I get this one all the time too, I mean I guess it's nice that the parents ask their own kids if they want more siblings, semi-realistic in a way if not annoying. But my gosh, this particular family is cursed with twins, no mods or lot traits. Just two sets of twins in a row aha. So no, Sera, it's not a good idea to have another baby, because you might have twins again. >.> and I'm having a hard enough time wrangling your family with autonomy off as is, lol.

I can see after she got pregnant and then inform her children, she is having a baby and they will have a new sibling and see, hear the reaction from them. Instead of asking for permission for that makes me question who the parents? However how some things go in this series is nothing new.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • DTM_DerrickDTM_Derrick Posts: 26 Member
    > @halloweenchild said:
    > I'm so mad that all sims are now obsessed with their phones, literally just walking along and they pull out their phone and middle with it. Even rampaging werewolves will pull out their phones and play with them while running on all fours. Like if you want teens to behave like that fine,m but did they really need to make it a blanket change to all sims? It's so infuriating.

Ughh yes haha. The phones obsession is maddening. So much in fact, that I had to grab a mod to make them ease up on the phone use.
    mp2itdbfrjnh.gif
  • naeshellenaeshelle Posts: 62 Member
    I cannot believe they charged $40 for this pack. My teen sims can't go to prom, can't graduate, teens are asking adults out, other sims keep breaking into my sim's house to ask to be their bff/date to prom, my sim is talking to herself on Social Bunny (& posting things I didn't tell her to post), I'm only getting tops in ThrifTea (literally only tops, nothing else), among other issues. I really thought things were looking up after Werewolves (I know it got mixed reactions from the community, but I experienced only one werewolf-related bug). The HSY livestream looked super promising. I'm really disappointed.
  • Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    edited August 2022
    After playing the pack since the date it came out, I must say the most disappointing thing is what I was most excited for, and that is the pier. It’s such a missed opportunity. And I’m not talking about rabbit holes. I knew since live stream it wasn’t active.

First: it’s buggy. To the point my sims can’t take photo together in photo booth. They can woohoo in there so I guess that’s something. Only two sims that are in one household can use pier’s photo booth. I’m not going to move in my sim’s bf just to take a pic. Rides are mixed bag. Sometimes they work for couples and sometimes action is canceled for whatever reason. Frustrating. Ferris wheel is the only one that works quite well.

Second: Mostly no moodlets after rides. In game that is running on sims emotions, it makes me scratch my head. Sure, when couple goes together they may have a pop up (I got it 4 times for two different couples, the same for love tunnel and Ferris wheel but maybe I was just out of luck, I hope there is more), and after pop up they will have a moodlet but 90% of time no moodlets. My sim goes alone on Ferris wheel and it’s like she could as well stay at home. Nothing about excitement, fear of heights or view form the top. I literally checked it few times becasue I could not believe it. Once my sim got scared moodlet from haunted house, but it was in different save and never repeated itself. And if I send two sims, moodlets are not guaranteed as well. Why even go if sims don’t recognize they were there?

It could be such a great place to have fun, especially because prom after party happens there. Instead it’s a dead place with broken rides and unusable photo booth. My sim and her bf ended up in the nearby park, because I put more things to do there for them.

Before the pack came out I was planning vacations there for my other sims. But it’s complete waste of sim’s time. Especially that since phone idle animation update, they stopped running and only walk, slowly looking at their phones… all the way up to the pier. 😑 😩

• Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    edited August 2022
    > @halloweenchild said:
    > I'm so mad that all sims are now obsessed with their phones, literally just walking along and they pull out their phone and middle with it. Even rampaging werewolves will pull out their phones and play with them while running on all fours. Like if you want teens to behave like that fine,m but did they really need to make it a blanket change to all sims? It's so infuriating.

Ughh yes haha. The phones obsession is maddening. So much in fact, that I had to grab a mod to make them ease up on the phone use.

I’m positive this thing is completely bugged. Hard to say how it was intend to work. Try to sent your sim for longer walk like in Granite Falls with go hiking option. The animation of taking out the phone becomes jittery after some time and there is absolutely no cool down. I hope whatever patch will come next, it will reverse the phone to where it was before. Teens already had taking selfie idle animation and they did took out the phone from time to time with laugh as far as I remember. Looked much better and lively than this one. And all those actions had cool down time.

My sim was digging crystal and the phone went through her hand and the hammer she was using. So it’s a complete mess.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Olalla1986 wrote: »
    > @halloweenchild said:

I’m positive this thing is completely bugged. Hard to say how it was intend to work. Try to sent your sim for longer walk like in Granite Falls with go hiking option. The animation of taking out the phone becomes jittery after some time and there is absolutely no cool down. I hope whatever patch will come next, it will reverse the phone to where it was before. Teens already had taking selfie idle animation and they did took out the phone from time to time with laugh as far as I remember. Looked much better and lively than this one. And all those actions had cool down time.

My sim was digging crystal and the phone went through her hand and the hammer she was using. So it’s a complete mess.

The phones are one of the reasons that I am not patching my game. I try to tell stories with my game but that doesn't mean that they have to take place right now in the smartphone-age, or even on our planet. Repetitive phone-use makes it that much more difficult for me to be creative in my saves.

Until they get a grip on the phones I am staying offline.
  • LauraCastellanoLauraCastellano Posts: 15 Member
    I hate, hate, HATE the new phone interface. I don't read picture! It takes me forever to find what I want, and I still can't figure out how to just CALL someone.
  • madhat22madhat22 Posts: 6 New Member
    I got the pack but it has some big drawbacks for me.

I was hoping to make custom-made classes. Like you set up a classroom, click on the whiteboard and choose what skill they can learn. Set up art class, computer class, garden ect. Sort of like Sims 3 university life, (the rabbit hole crap in Sims 4 university is just as boring btw) . But no it's just sitting at your desk. A little too real. I was hoping for something more interesting.

So I thought, why not just make a bunch of clubs for after-school classes and just have them start a gathering? So I spent SIX hours revamping the high school lot to include art class, cooking class, garden club. Only to find you can't have gatherings at school.....WHY I have no idea since it would be a wonderful use for the otherwise useless club feature. Like my adult sim really needs a bunch of workout buddies. And if I start a gathering to help with the garden they freakin steal the crops!...So yeah...underwhelmed.
  • Mr_MuffinTopMr_MuffinTop Posts: 131 Member
    I was thinking of getting HS on a 50% Christmas sale for the build buy, but HS has the broken social bunny app that pushes sims into friendships and relationships. EA doesn't have a reputation for fixing bugs so even though I really want the build buy, I can't seem to convince my brain to buy something that will break my sims relationships. I don't mind my sim meeting sims and building relationships on the phone, but their should be a cap on it at least. Maybe friendship can only gain up to 15% or 20% maybe? I don't know. I just cant have every sim being at maxed friendship levels and I have only hung out with them 1 time. lol

madhat22 wrote: »
    I got the pack but it has some big drawbacks for me.

I was hoping to make custom-made classes. Like you set up a classroom, click on the whiteboard and choose what skill they can learn. Set up art class, computer class, garden ect. Sort of like Sims 3 university life, (the rabbit hole crap in Sims 4 university is just as boring btw) . But no it's just sitting at your desk. A little too real. I was hoping for something more interesting.

So I thought, why not just make a bunch of clubs for after-school classes and just have them start a gathering? So I spent SIX hours revamping the high school lot to include art class, cooking class, garden club. Only to find you can't have gatherings at school.....WHY I have no idea since it would be a wonderful use for the otherwise useless club feature. Like my adult sim really needs a bunch of workout buddies. And if I start a gathering to help with the garden they freakin steal the crops!...So yeah...underwhelmed.

I hear there is a mod to allow clubs, not sure if it works though. But spending $40 on a pack just to get a mod to put in common features that should have been there makes no sense.

• madhat22madhat22 Posts: 6 New Member
    > @Mr_MuffinTop said:
    > I was thinking of getting HS on a 50% Christmas sale for the build buy, but HS has the broken social bunny app that pushes sims into friendships and relationships. EA doesn't have a reputation for fixing bugs so even though I really want the build buy, I can't seem to convince my brain to buy something that will break my sims relationships. I don't mind my sim meeting sims and building relationships on the phone, but their should be a cap on it at least. Maybe friendship can only gain up to 15% or 20% maybe? I don't know. I just cant have every sim being at maxed friendship levels and I have only hung out with them 1 time. lol
    >
    >
    >
    > I hear there is a mod to allow clubs, not sure if it works though. But spending $40 on a pack just to get a mod to put in common features that should have been there makes no sense.

Exactly! Why would I need to find a buggy 3 year old mod to fix something I paid for that should already be in the game? Why would gatherings be not allowed on any lot? I got sims having a gathering in my cemetery for god's sake. My sims are mourning their lost family member and a group of party sims walks in and starts twerking...And I can't have one for cooking class?
  • MentosMentos Posts: 2 New Member
    I never use mods.

But now I have one for
    - choosing teens ins Highschool
    - fixing my Henford Core NPC (bug since the july-patch)
    - fixing the new dresser
    - and a mod that fix a mod, lol

I lose the sound sometimes (only game/app with that headset-problem on PC and! XBOX! and! TV, double lol) and the game sometimes won't close, so I've to restart the whole PC.

Jesus Christ.
    And STILL there are kids/teens as gf/bf for mom and dad. Last night my dad was flirting and the teenage-friend of his son started crying.
    What the !?! They had a relationship?!
    And visitors asking every single sim 10x to be their best friend or walking straight into the house.

>>So the only thing EA fixed is that their is no romantic whatsoever.<<

Nice.

The quality of the gameplay-addons is in free fall, imho.
    I’ve selected Cassandra Goth to do the new ‘Aliens Abducted by Aliens Scenario’.

I play rotational so haven’t been playing the Goths. Cassandra is now high school grade F. She was C the last time I played four days ago. Do we have to keep playing the teens to keep up their grades? 🤷🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️
  • EnfadEnfad Posts: 1 New Member
    it's so bugged that my most perfect A+ (10) student, who does an after school activity, extra homework, is always on time to class and always does their homework + is always set on 'work hard' when i'm not playing with them at the school always I MEAN ALWAYS, EVERY DAY, gets a ''oh oh... your sim misbehaved at school. if they continue like this they will be expelled.'' I thought it might have been an issue related to abilities but no matter how much i developed them it didnt matter so i cheated and put them all at 10 and it still didn't work.

my two other sims, on the other hand, who do their homework only and dont have any after school activity and are set to 'make friends' and 'do nothing' (idk how to properly translate) CAN GRADUATE EARLY.

if this is a bug they better fix it soon because I am losing my mind. my sim's mischevious ability wasn't very high at the beginning so it can't be the issue here, and the others have high abilities too.

also the after class study and whatever other event never worked for me either. sigh.

also, the amusement park was a huge disappointment.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited August 2022
    Ask to stranger to be the best friend

Instead of asking to their good friends, the NPC teens ask to somebody that they don't meet yet.
    Worse, sometimes they change their mind in the same day and ask it to someone else.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited August 2022
    @naeshelle wrote: »
    my sim is talking to herself on Social Bunny (& posting things I didn't tell her to post)

Autonomous post is designed to keep alive the profile in order to maintain the relationship with the friends.

Social Bunny timestamp is still broken, before the August update it was locked to 0 days, now it's locked to 12 days for a recent post.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top