Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

7 Toddler Challenge

JordojordJordojord Posts: 578 Member
I was wondering if anyone has tried this yet?

I'm going to attempt it later tonight when I get off work..

I'm not so sure of the rules but I know you start with a household with 1 adult sims and 7 toddlers and can't use cheats and its to see which toddlers make it into adulthood?

Sounds fun right? haha

Edit: I tried this and this was pretty hard! i recommend this if you are ever bored and want to spice things up lol
My Top Picks for an EP:
University
Seasons
Bonvoyage style (Loved those hotels)
Post edited by Jordojord on

Comments

• McFizzleShizzleMcFizzleShizzle Posts: 1,632 Member
    I seen James from The Sim Supply do a challenge like this today but I would love to see you do it too! I find challenges like these so interesting :smiley:

https://youtu.be/peUTcbZrQlw
    tumblr_msx1lynGG41rd67d1o1_500.gif
    Origin ID: McFizzleShizzle
  • JordojordJordojord Posts: 578 Member
    I seen James from The Sim Supply do a challenge like this today but I would love to see you do it too! I find challenges like these so interesting :smiley:

https://youtu.be/peUTcbZrQlw

Omg nice!! it just seems so chaotic I love it lol
    My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    I'm not sure it's "no cheats" because he said "money is no object" and he had 350,000, and a fabulous house.

He also said he said something like, "no more MOO" because he messed up the high chairs. (I did that as well, without moo, just ALT.)

I can't find any other info on this or rules, but I want to start in just a few minutes, lol. I might just make a painter Sim and "work" from home. (Back in the day my S4 Simself did pretty well with painting easily.) Not sure, because I just got the idea to make Monica Geller. (Be careful what you wish for, hahaha.)

Chandler: "Yeah, I’m gonna pass. ‘Cause I was kinda iffy when it was puppies."

Or the cheating, haha. I want to try that nanny.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I gave up after about one sim day, it was too much for me.
  • Nephesh_SpiritNephesh_Spirit Posts: 254 Member
    I am thinking of maybe doing this at some point.
    The Lockwood Family Tree

• gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I gave up after about one sim day, it was too much for me.

I tried it, and was like arggggggg... LMAO! So, I thought I would downsize a bit. Two parents and the father works. 4 Toddlers. What chaos! Mom is the main care giver, but one daughter is daddy's girl (all on her own she chose daddy). It is still a challenge!!!
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited January 2017
    That must be absolute madness! I'm playing right now with 4 toddlers in the household and their parents (mum works and dad stays at home), they even have a butler and it's still super challenging!
    I can't even begin to imagine One Adult vs. Seven Toddlers :o
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • FiestyKatnissFiestyKatniss Posts: 84 Member
    I just made a post about 100 toddler challenge, little while ago. Must have scared people lol. Now 7? Too much how about 5?
  • LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    edited January 2017
    I had triplets and I used a motives refill cheat for the first time ever in sims 4... The first 2 days was hell, the nanny was useless XD It was okay once I got their walking up to level 2 and they could get up and down the stairs. OH and once they could go potty by themselves... NEVER AGAIN. I don't know why I always get triplets... Its a curse.

Top Tip for multiple toddlers: everything on the same floor, that was my downfall HA
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • AngelAriesAngelAries Posts: 57 Member
    I'm trying this with the money is no object theme that James used. And I'm doing alright. I'm not fretting that they're all attention hungry little monsters, and that they don't want to have fun without me. Meh, little boogers.

Instead, I'm focusing on teaching them potty skills, being fed, and bath's when needed. The rest is on them. I'm even not afraid to keep sleeping when they wake up because I prepared myself and stuffed a tray in the fridge for the morning. ;)

Heartless? Maybe. But it's working quite well for me. ~.~
    Oh.

I'm doing alright (so far) without nanny's, butler's, or help from anyone else.

ProTip: Put them on the potty and then click off and walk away to train another. They'll stay there (and get attention if you're in the room!) until they're doing 'going'
  • JordojordJordojord Posts: 578 Member
    AngelAries wrote: »
    Oh.

ProTip: Put them on the potty and then click off and walk away to train another. They'll stay there (and get attention if you're in the room!) until they're doing 'going'

I thought we had to stay with them through the potty process haha
    My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
    Jordojord wrote: »
    AngelAries wrote: »
    Oh.

I thought we had to stay with them through the potty process haha

The things you learn by saying 'eh... I'm done watching you.'
  • marksgirl2006marksgirl2006 Posts: 87 Member
    Hard enough with one toddler but seven?
    So. I'm doing this challenge and it's seriously not *that* difficult if you can micro-manage pretty well. Like... for the most part my little tots aren't getting 'enough' attention/fun. But they're always fed, and now that over half of them can go potty on their own it'll free up a lot more time for my Sim to play with them and give them that attention/fun they're needing!

It's Wednesday. >.>
  • aka_moiaka_moi Posts: 86 Member
    I'm thinking of doing this like an orphanage. 2 adults (One male, one female) 6 children (three male, three female). I'll colour code the toddlers to make it interesting them to make it easier :)

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2017
    I tried doing this, but I had a few bugs like my sims not responding or feeding the tots, so I had to use MotiveCheats a few times and hire a Nanny.

If it wasn't for the bugginess, it wasn't too bad, as long as the tots had their Potty Training and Thinking skills up (so they can go potty by themselves and supposedly don't have nightmares as much).

I used money cheats for the beginning to get toddler items, but I am not a stickler about following strict challenge rules. I am just casually challenging myself for fun. :smile:

(Besides, I had bugs which made it impossible, so I had to cheat anyway.)

ETA: I recently have deleted a tot because I wanted a husband for my sim in this household, so it's a six toddler challenge now, lol.

I plan to do another seven tot challenge in the future.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    Wow, this sounds like fun! I probably won't seriously attempt it though. I started a new legacy and my founder had twins. I'm having a hard enough time juggling 2 of the little runts that I'm positive I won't be able to handle 7!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    I'm attempting it. I'm at Day 4 now.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    I too gave the 7 toddler challenge a try but after three days and the caregiver starting to refuse to do things I moved to a Mom and Dad with 6 toddlers to get a better grip before I try again.
  • PoppenPoppen Posts: 85 Member
    edited January 2017
    Im doing it right now, its ok, a bit frustrating because of the few bugs, worthless butler and maid. But I always micro manage my sims, so nothing new there.
    Dancing is great, if you have more than one tot dancing, it takes care of attention and fun.
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Jordojord wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone has tried this yet?

I'm going to attempt it later tonight when I get off work..

I'm not so sure of the rules but I know you start with a household with 1 adult sims and 7 toddlers and can't use cheats and its to see which toddlers make it into adulthood?

Sounds fun right? haha

Yes. I completed it. It was fun.
  • Sparkling13121Sparkling13121 Posts: 88 Member
    7rXzUmj.png
    I just started the 7 Toddler Challenge and my main sim hasn't gotten any sleep since starting.

Here's the link to the tumblr I made for the challenge ^__^
    The Herbal Tea Family - A Sims 4 7 Toddlers Challenge
  • simgamersimgamer Posts: 22 Member
    I started with triplets when toddlers first came out and that was chaos. I can't imagine 7! Does anyone have recommendations for a house for the challenge?