Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Townies in full clown mode

I am pulling out my hair here. Clown mania has robbed my townies of all fashion sense. Even the mailman showed up wearing goofy hair and make up. Shoes, hair, makeup, clothing, everyone is wearing clown stuff. WTH Since I don't want to adversely affect my saves I have a quick question. Will hiding the clown components in CAS stop the townies from using the stuff? I hate sounding like a drama queen, but this is seriously affecting my enjoyment in playing. I dislike clowns, always have. And now they have invaded my game.

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    How are you going to hide the clown components tho?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Hello
    Do you have cc/mods in your game? If you do, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the sims continue to wear the clown outfits.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy the "options.ini" and "ReticulatedSplinesView" files and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated files/ folders with the old files/folders.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    If you don't mind the odd mod (hey that rhymes!) MC Command Center, I've been told, can get rid of clowns randomly spawning, though I don't know if it can help with the wardrobe malfunctions. I haven't downloaded it yet as I'm only in build mode for now but a lot of people find it really helpful, also for controlling other things like frequency of alien abductions etc.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    If you don't mind the odd mod (hey that rhymes!) MC Command Center, I've been told, can get rid of clowns randomly spawning, though I don't know if it can help with the wardrobe malfunctions. I haven't downloaded it yet as I'm only in build mode for now but a lot of people find it really helpful, also for controlling other things like frequency of alien abductions etc.

Yep yep, MC is awesome for a lot of things.

Clown removal (painting called clowns are unaffected, if you call a clown, you have to delete it, the mod won't catch that kind of clown later, by design) included, for the retail-random clown-variety walkby. Enable that setting, you won't see those random spawnings.

Dresser and Cleaner can be used to get rid of clown outfit/hair components. Fixing wardrobe malfunctions is definitely a thing MC can do well.

The clown parts still show up in CAS of course, but in the game, it IS possible to never see any of those pieces added to a sim, once you set up your whitelists (good stuff) and blacklists (bad stuff) and Cleaner options (for things you want removed across ALL sims, like shoes/hats/glasses in sleep/swimwear, for example).

Laughing at "MC=odd mod" LOL!! :) (Only reason I still play this game is that mod.)
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Dang. I don't use MC mod. I will look into it later today. This was just hopeful thinking on my part, I guess. I was hoping to be able to hide/turn off the clown clothing options. I tried a vanilla game wondering if one or more of my mods were to blame for this. Nope. Everyone in town has clown mania, it seems. This is really disappointing. I had the same mailwoman delivering to all the Sims I have been playing since January, with very little change to a different mailperson. Now I have a mailman who is a wannabe clown, along with the townies. Fun is fine, and a townie showing up in full costume from time to time would be a little funny, but dang, do they all have to wear something that came in the patch? If the clothing was dependent on a townie's traits I could understand a comic or someone with the mischief trait dressing up like a clown. That would make more sense to me. It's just disturbing watching an elegantly dressed lady with clown make up and a clown hat on doing the snooty walk in front of my Sims' homes. Even a Victoria Secret's model could make that outfit look good.

I will look into that mod. I have many from that site and I will take a harder look at it to make sure it won't cause a conflict with my other mods. And I am going to run the repair game option a couple of times to make sure my patch download isn't corrupted. I did add Romantic Garden a few days after the patch so maybe they just need to be reinstalled/repaired because they were placed in the game out of release order. Thank you all very much for taking the time to read my post and respond. <3
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Hello..
    If you haven't already done it, try resetting the sims 4 folder like I suggested in the earlier post and see if that helps the issue. Before adding back the old folders/files from the desktop,start a new game and test to see if the same things are occurring in that new save game. Then you can copy back your "options.ini" and "ReticulatedSplinesView" files and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated files/ folders with the old files/folders.

The installation order of the packs shouldn't cause issues in your game.
    I wouldn't think so, either, rosemow. But it seems odd the problem came up after I installed Romantic Garden. If all else fails I will definitely reset my game as you suggested. I had a similar problem with Sims2 on a different computer than the one I am using now. I did a totally fresh install of all my Sims2 expansions and stuff packs. I had a downloads folder that had become a liability but all of my saves contained cc. So I did a fresh install after uninstalling and cleaning folders, and unintentionally installed an expansion out of release order. It was not pretty. So, that is why I am wondering about Romantic Garden and it being pre-patch. I never had a problem like that one with Sims3. And the fact I started a new save in vanilla mode and the clown mania was just as bad, made me think about the patch going in before I bought Romantic Garden or it was a bad patch download and needs to be repaired. But it really is odd so many townies would choose the clown wardrobe and hair choices over everything else. Maybe they just know clowns kinda freak me out. LOL
    Don't want to see Clowns?

For MC users with Dresser/Cleaner, I made a config file to blacklist ALL the clown parts. It *might* need a hat whitelisted, if that part of removal doesn't work right when you try it, I'm not sure.

But overall, it WILL get rid of clown parts, once an item-related Cleaner alarm runs.

Info post: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14773693/#Comment_14773693

Link to zipped dresser config file: https://www.mediafire.com/?14t6zk8qk7cd1d5

If you don't know much about dresser, read my post first. I've tried to make it as easy as possible to get this up and running.

If you have experience, and an existing config file, once you grab the file and look at it, you'll see what to do... copy/paste its text into your existing dresser config file. Not hard. :)

Need help, let me know.
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Technically you can edit any Sim including townies in manage world by going to household management (for townies that don't live in the world click where it says not in world) and there should be a button below that says edit Sims...or you can use household management to delete the townies. I do that sometimes and the game generates new Sims.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member

Dresser and Cleaner can be used to get rid of clown outfit/hair components. Fixing wardrobe malfunctions is definitely a thing MC can do well.

Laughing at "MC=odd mod" LOL!! :) (Only reason I still play this game is that mod.)

I had no idea MCCC could do that too, thanks.

Vis-a-vis the odd mod - lol, sorry about that. It's just the way I talk sometimes. I meant it as "the occasional mod" (Ie, the odd thing out if it's the only one, in a sea of maxis-made content) I wasn't calling MCCC odd lol.

Gallery ID: babysquare

Vis-a-vis the odd mod - lol, sorry about that. It's just the way I talk sometimes. I meant it as "the occasional mod" (Ie, the odd thing out if it's the only one, in a sea of maxis-made content) I wasn't calling MCCC odd lol.

Oh, don't worry, I've called MC way worse things than "odd" on occasion, myself! hahaha!! Game/mod meltdowns lead me to some interesting experiences, sometimes.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14773693/#Comment_14773693

Check that post ^^ if you're interested in a ready-made no-clown-parts dresser config file. I put that together yesterday. If you've never used Dresser/Cleaner... fix the file name to mc_dresser.cfg and drop it in your /MC folder... good to go. I have the worst memory ever so I added "-noclowns" to it so I'd remember which was this one and which was my real one. Yeah, I'm that flighty, sometimes.

If you HAVE a dresser config file already, just COPY the text and paste it into your existing file, Dresser will rearrange it next time it runs (to suit itself).

If something weird happens, let me know... I'll fix it.

SOME things have to have a whitelist item for blacklisting to work... Hair is one, and if there are others like that affected by clown parts, I'm not sure. I tried to cover everything but I might've missed Hats.

I whitelisted one base game hair for each "subset" just to get it started... once you see what it looks like in live view (the blacklist/whitelist dresser menus) and in the config file (almost 200 lines!!!), you'll be able to edit those settings/entries to your heart's content.

Need more... let me know! :)

Oh, don't worry, I've called MC way worse things than "odd" on occasion, myself! hahaha!! Game/mod meltdowns lead me to some interesting experiences, sometimes.

Check that post ^^ if you're interested in a ready-made no-clown-parts dresser config file. I put that together yesterday. If you've never used Dresser/Cleaner... fix the file name to mc_dresser.cfg and drop it in your /MC folder... good to go. I have the worst memory ever so I added "-noclowns" to it so I'd remember which was this one and which was my real one. Yeah, I'm that flighty, sometimes.

If you HAVE a dresser config file already, just COPY the text and paste it into your existing file, Dresser will rearrange it next time it runs (to suit itself).

SOME things have to have a whitelist item for blacklisting to work... Hair is one, and if there are others like that affected by clown parts, I'm not sure. I tried to cover everything but I might've missed Hats.

I whitelisted one base game hair for each "subset" just to get it started... once you see what it looks like in live view (the blacklist/whitelist dresser menus) and in the config file (almost 200 lines!!!), you'll be able to edit those settings/entries to your heart's content.

Thank you for taking the time to post and explain how to do this. It will certainly help me out with the clown wardrobe problem. After running the repair option on Origin the townies are not choosing to wear the clown stuff quite as much. Some that were wearing pieces like shoes and hair and make up are slowly making the switch back to regular choices. I think it was a glitch that happened while the patch was downloading. But this mod will certainly make it easier to get rid of the problem for good. Thank you for saving my sanity. LOL
    Thanks, rosemow. :)
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »

Thank you for taking the time to post and explain how to do this. It will certainly help me out with the clown wardrobe problem. After running the repair option on Origin the townies are not choosing to wear the clown stuff quite as much. Some that were wearing pieces like shoes and hair and make up are slowly making the switch back to regular choices. I think it was a glitch that happened while the patch was downloading. But this mod will certainly make it easier to get rid of the problem for good. Thank you for saving my sanity. LOL

You're welcome! :) It was actually your post that inspired me to go ahead and put the blacklist together. Unruly bins are meant to be tamed. Sometimes mine is a brat, too. MC has the bin's number, believe me.

You *might* still see some game-generated clowniness... I seriously doubt it, if you have MC in and the new bypass enabled.

(Did you say you hadn't used MC before? Need help, let me know. Or drop in at MTS to the comments thread. Cool reading!)

But I mention that possibility because Deaderpool didn't seem to think I'd need to make the blacklist, because clown outfits are generated "special" on a Situational basis. IOW he said it wouldn't affect THOSE... kinda like how the bypass won't take out a painting-called clown, I'd imagine. But with the bypass enabled and the painting banished, I wouldn't think you'd have anything to worry about, there. What he did was tag the situations to be bypassed, so walkby clowns won't get created at all.

I am interested to see... hmm. I haven't added that stuff to my real config, but I think I'm about to... test run Blacklist vs Game for "what's a clown to wear"? Hahaha!!

Sackcloth and ashes would be suitable... (I know some of you agree!) >:)

If you're interested in how my thought process went, those posts I made to MTS:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5012836#post5012836

(I am wordy EVERYWHERE!!)

Thanks for the response, I'm really glad to know somebody found it helpful. :)
    @Paigeisin5 I have a picture for you. With Dresser and Cleaner installed/enabled (check settings for both on a game computer), and that list of blacklisted stuff I gave you, you're now armed and dangerous.

If you see ANY townie wearing something from the blacklisted stuff, click through that Sim > MC > Dresser > Outfit Commands > Clean Outfits (pictured).

33k4okm.jpg

This will immediately take any "bad" items off the selected sim across all outfits MC works on, if you haven't changed any of the categories... I went with ALL for everything.

I have a lot of stuff enabled... all the menus and logs and so on. If you don't, you might need to do that before some of this will work the way it does for me. Also, if you'd set your log to enable and append, I'd love it if you'd let me know if you see any error messages there from these blacklists (or from anything, really). Thanks!
    Thanks! I really appreciate your help. :)
  • Crisims1985Crisims1985 Posts: 2 New Member
    @egwarhammer Thanks for your help, I downloaded your config file and it works perfectly. No more stupid clowns in town! That's great!

However, I haven't used MC Command Center before, and I'm not quite sure how it works. Since I installed it, I'm noticing that the game is automatically generating new pregnancies, wedding and moving townies into households, and I don't want the game to do that. Do you know how to avoid this?
    @egwarhammer Thanks for your help, I downloaded your config file and it works perfectly. No more plum clowns in town! That's great!

However, I haven't used MC Command Center before, and I'm not quite sure how it works. Since I installed it, I'm noticing that the game is automatically generating new pregnancies, wedding and moving townies into households, and I don't want the game to do that. Do you know how to avoid this?

Those are settings. Mostly under (live lot) Computer > MC > Pregnancy (includes marriage settings) and > Population (move ins etc). The UI makes it pretty easy, and the docs on the description page (under the spoiler buttons) are epic.

A lot of things default to how the game does them, but some are not that way... it may be some of that you're seeing.

Fixable, for sure, just takes a little handiwork to tweak things the way you want them.

If you don't want ANYTHING a module does, you can always take it out. (Drastic IMO, but it can easily be done.) But with so many on/off switches and ranges to play with, you should be able to keep a module but lock it down if that's what you want.

Fire it up, browse/tweak your settings, take it for a spin, and if you have any specific questions, let me know.
  • Crisims1985Crisims1985 Posts: 2 New Member
    If you don't want ANYTHING a module does, you can always take it out. (Drastic IMO, but it can easily be done.) But with so many on/off switches and ranges to play with, you should be able to keep a module but lock it down if that's what you want.

Fire it up, browse/tweak your settings, take it for a spin, and if you have any specific questions, let me know.

I will take a look into the docs, because I examined every option the MC Commander has in the computer and in the sims, and I don't see how I can stop the game from generating random pregnancies in townies, for example.

Maybe the best option for me would be to delete all modules related to population and pregnancy, since the one I'm really interested in is the dresser one (for taking care of the clown issue)

Thanks for your help!
    edited July 2016

I will take a look into the docs, because I examined every option the MC Commander has in the computer and in the sims, and I don't see how I can stop the game from generating random pregnancies in townies, for example.

Maybe the best option for me would be to delete all modules related to population and pregnancy, since the one I'm really interested in is the dresser one (for taking care of the clown issue)

Thanks for your help!

Set Pregnancy Percent Adjustment (something like that) to -100 to stop random pregnancies from being added during those alarms.

Edit: There's a Marriage Percent Adjustment setting too. -100 = nothing doing. :)
    /edit

If you change Use Custom Population to false, nothing else in that module is supposed to work. Just a tip. :)