Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UPDATED 6/26 #BuildNewcrest Legacy Challenge!

Welcome to the #BuildNewcrest Legacy Challenge, this challenge is very similar to a traditional legacy but it has some very fun twists!
UPDATED 6/26 with clarifications and an added rule. All updates are in bold

BUOvvtQ.jpg
Background
Both the cities of Willow Creek and Oasis Springs have suffered from a severe economic downfall and a major increase in violence, pretty much think Gotham City before Batman cleaned it up. Your sim wants to start a legacy but they think that both towns are too dangerous to start and raise 10 generations of a family in. They have heard that Simsvillle is expanding the suburbs around the Willow Creek area into a new city called Newcrest and they are looking for sims to settle this new town!
Your sim immediately signs up and since they are actually the first to sign up they are declared the unofficial mayor of Newcrest and it is going to be their responsibility to build the city of Newcrest from the ground up!
Since Newcrest is a new world with no development there are no houses or community lots for your sims to enjoy yet, this is going to be one of your founders responsibilities. Also your founder my never return to either Willow Creek or Oasis Springs until their legacy has been completed. However, they may travel to Granite Falls and Magnolia Promenade, but may not live in those areas. It will be your Legacy’s responsibility and gift to the community to build all the neighborhoods and community lots for the future of Newcrest. Each generation will have a specific building goal and cannot build until they have completed their job and aspiration that lays the foundation for their building goals.
This challenge follows some of the original Legacy Rules but I have changed and added new ones, so please read the rules carefully. Thank you!
Rules:
  • ONLY 1 founding sim. They can be male or female or an alien, doesn’t matter. They must pick the Freelance Botanist aspiration, you can pick any trait you want for the founder. They must be a young adult and aging must be on and set to normal for the active family. Townies should age as well so you can have some stock to pull from for future spouses. If it seems like all the townies are getting too old turn it off for while then turn it back on.
  • Choose a good lastname for them since this will be kept through the Legacy.
  • You may not visit the cities of Willow Creek or Oasis Spring until all generations are completed. You may still visit Granite Falls and Magnolia Promenade. The Promenade must remain only commercial and cannot have any residential lots. You are only allowed to live and build in Newcrest.
  • You may not change a sim’s current aspiration until they are finished. You must finish their generation specific aspiration before you can start working on the next generation. That doesn’t mean you can’t have kids, just that those kids can't start working on their specific aspirations before the generation ahead of them finishes theirs.
  • You must have at least one heir to progress with, see the Heir section for more info.
  • You must complete all goals for each generation before moving on to the next one.
  • Only the Founder/Heir must hold the required job and aspiration, however you may not change ANY aspiration until it is completed whether it is a child (when they age up they can choose a new aspiration), spouse or Founder/Heir.
  • NO cheats/mods/hacks that give you an advantage over other players who don’t have them, custom clothes and decor are fine but money cheats or other ones that give your sims a better position are not.
  • NO restarting the game after bad events. Someone die in a fire, that’s too bad. Wanted a boy and you had a girl, you're stuck with it.
  • You may not merge other sims into the “Legacy Family” EXCEPT sims that are/or will be spouses, you may bring in more than one spouse into the household. IE spouses for brother and sister. See the spouse section for more info.
  • A sim may only use an anti-aging potion ONE TIME in their lifetime, this includes the Potion of Youth and milking the cow plant.
  • You may not move out or marry and move out a sim who is currently the “Heir”. All “spare” children may marry and/or move out.
  • You may ONLY play the Legacy Family in this save, you may move other households into the lots (you are required to at some point) to add more families to the neighborhood.
  • You are allowed to follow you sims to work if you have chosen a job from Get to Work.
Heirs and Spares
As all legacy challenges go you will need heirs and spares for each generation. Well, you don’t actually need a spare but it can help out. Any and all baby making and adoption processes are acceptable as long as you move on to the next generation. This is where things get complicated and differ from regular legacies.Usually you randomize traits and aspirations and there are strict succession laws about picking an heir in advance. Forget that, you will probably not pick your heir until they are at least teens and you may change your mind from one child to another. Because each generation is required to have a specific aspiration and career it wouldn’t really be fair to force people to randomly generate traits and then stick to a strict succession laws after that so it is going to work this way.
Heirs will use Pinstar’s random trait generator for both their childhood trait and childhood aspiration and their teen trait and aspiration. Remember you cannot switch aspirations, until you reroll for teen/young adult or they complete them. Once they age into a young adult you can pick their last trait and choose the correct aspiration for their generation. This way if you end up with completely incorrect traits you at least can pick one compatible trait, also you can choose between two kids this way. Once that sims has aged into a young adult and has selected the generational specific aspiration they are now locked in as Heir for that generation. You may select a non-generational aspiration for an older child who is going to be a spare if you want to save the generational aspiration for a different sim.
If you want to choose to follow more strict succession laws such as first born or such that is perfectly acceptable, just apply the same rules as above.

Spouses
Spouses may be any townie or original family from any world. However they are not allowed to bring any money into the household when they move in. To avoid this move them in with manage households and if they are a single sim, you will need to merge them with an existing family so their funds will not come with them.

Building and Tips
For every generation you will move to a new lot. If you want to shrink your household size later in the game you may move spares out, BUT they may never move back into the household or become the heir. Plan ahead for the 7 community lots that you will need to build as well as think about what neighborhoods are going to go where. In all almost all of the generations you will need to include your career rewards in your community venue. For example the 1st generation must place their perfect plants in the Park. For all venues the process will remain the same. Once you have completed the generation requirements and you can move on to the next generation, sell or store (whatever you want) all your furniture and other items. Leave the career or other required items (paintings/plants) on the lot when you move out, then you can change the lot type and build to your heart's delight. If you would rather download a lot from the gallery that is perfectly ok too, but then you will need to save only the plants and paintings as a room to your gallery before placing the galley lot. Then you can re-download the room (which will have been deleted) and place your required items. Career rewards should be available in build mode with that save so no need to do that with them.

Generation 1 - Hungry Herbalist
Aspiration: Freelance Botanist - Build: Park
Your founding sim is just starting out and has a huge struggle ahead of them. They feel that the best way to start building a community in their new home of Newcrest is with a community park.
Rules:
Choose your starting lot carefully because this lot will be turned into the local park once you have completed gen 1
You must choose the Freelance Botanist aspiration for your founding sim.
You sim may pick from any of these jobs for gen 1.
Criminal (Oracle branch)
Culinary (Chef branch)
Painter (Patron of the Arts)
You must grow at least 8 plants to perfect quality be the end of the generation.
Once your aspiration is complete, you may now build your Park! To do this sell or keep all your furniture in the family inventory. Leave the plants on the lot and evict the sim, change the lot type to park and then build (or download one) a local park for future generations to enjoy. The park must have your 8 perfect plants that your founder grew in it. You are welcome to plant more plants for the park if you want.
Generation 2 - Family Friendly
Aspiration: Big Happy Family - Build: Lower Class Hood
This sim’s aspiration is to have a big happy family, they need some houses to live in though! Build the affordable starter home neighborhood (you can pick any 1 of the 3 hoods) and then watch in satisfaction as your big happy family moves into the neighborhood.
Rules:
Build the neighborhood first. No house may cost more than $55,000 simoleons to buy and 2 houses must be under $20,000 simoleons. Move your family into any house they can afford in this neighborhood.
Your sim may pick from any of these jobs for gen 2:
Criminal (Oracle branch)
Culinary (Chef branch)
Painter (Patron of the Arts)
Writer (Journalist branch)
Any of the GTW Careers
As their children age up into young adults move them out into the new neighborhood you created for them. Use the manage households, then create a new household and move them out that way, then they will get their $20,000 starting money.
Once your aspiration is complete so is generation 2
Generation 3 - Willing Writer
Aspiration: Bestselling Author - Build: Library
Generation 3 will build the library and be a successful writer leaving many books and a library for future generation.
Rules:
You sim may only have the Writer career and only choose the Author branch.
You must complete the aspiration and get the top of the career branch before you can build.
Once those are complete you can build the public library for Newcrest. It must include your objects from your career rewards and proceed to generation 4.
Generation 4 - Pumped Up Pro
Aspiration: Body Builder - Build: Gym
This sim is all about body image, sims around town are looking chunky but there is no gym venue. Become a renowned athlete and build a great gym for Newcrest.
Rules:
You sim may only have the Athlete career and can choose between either branch.
You must complete the aspiration and get the top of the career branch before you can build.
This aspiration requires you to workout at a gym venue so after completing the first part of Basic Trainer (workout for 8 hrs) use Aspirations.complete_current_milestone to skip working out at the gym.
Once your aspiration and job are complete you can build the gym, it also must include your career objects.
Generation 5 - Tipsy Mixer
Aspiration: Master Mixologist - Build: Bar
Generation 5 is all about fun, there are now a few much needed community lots but nowhere to go to hangout and have a few drinks. Master Mixology and build a local watering hole (bar) for your sims to enjoy.
Rules:
You sim may only have the Culinary career and only choose the Mixology branch.
Once your aspiration and job are complete you can build the bar, it also must include your career objects (especially the bar).
Generation 6 - Legacy Lineage
Aspiration: Successful Lineage - Build: Middle Class Hood
This sim’s aspiration is to have a large and successful family. They are much improved financially than in the beginning so this is the start of the middle class neighborhood.
Rules:
Build the neighborhood first. Move your family into any house they can afford in this neighborhood. No house may cost more than $135,000 simoleons to buy and 2 houses must be under $65,000 simoleons.
Your sim MAY NOT have a career, they must be a stay at home parent. They may still earn money with hobby, like painting or writing.
As their children age up into young adults move them out into the new neighborhood you created for them. Use the manage households, then create a new household and move them out that way, then they will get their $20,000 starting money. You may also use the “freerealestate on” cheat to move them into new houses.
Once your aspiration is complete so is generation 6
Generation 7 - Artist in Residence
Aspiration: Painter Extraordinaire - Build: Museum
Generation 7’s sim is an aspiring artist and thinks that Newcrest is lacking in museums for the more refined members of the community. Become a world famous artist and build a museum, you can even name it after yourself!
Rules:
You sim may only have the Painter career and can only choose the Master of the Real branch.
This aspiration requires you to visit so after completing all the parts of Brushing with Greatness (complete 10 painting and achieve level 6) use Aspirations.complete_current_milestone to skip going to the museum.
Once your aspiration and job are complete you can build the museum, it also must include your career objects AND at least 10 of your own painting of excellent quality. Make sure to include easels so future generations can learn painting at the museum.
Generation 8 - Hilarious Heir
Aspiration: Joke Star - Build: Lounge
This heir is so funny they just have to share it with Newcrest, they will need a venue to perform at. Become a joke star and build the lounge venue for Newcrest.
Rules:
You sim may only have the Entertainer career and only choose the Comedian branch.
Once your aspiration and job are complete you can build the lounge, it also must include your career objects.
Generation 9 - Up All Night
Aspiration: Party Animal - Build: Nightclub
Generation 9 is an animal, a party animal. They want to stay out all night and have lots of fun, but it’s a little hard when all the venues close at 10pm. Complete your aspiration and build a sweet nightclub to party at!
Rules:
You sim may choose any career or even no career.They may still earn money with hobby, like painting or writing.
You must complete the aspiration before you can build.
Once your aspiration and job are complete you can build the nightclub.
Generation 10 - Heirloom Estate
Aspiration: Mansion Baron - Build: Upper Class Hood
This sim is the last one and wants to establish a wealthy neighborhood now that they have reached 10 generations. They also want to own the largest house in Newcrest so everyone will know that they are the founders and the Legacy of Newcrest.
Rules:
Build all houses in the hood except your, you will build it as you go along. You can give yourself a simple house to start.
You sim may only have the Business career and only choose the Investor branch.
This one is a little different as you will complete the house and aspiration at the same time.
This challenge is complete once the Mansion Baron aspiration is complete.
Post edited by ShadyLady_DQ on

Comments

• ShadyLady_DQShadyLady_DQ Posts: 476 Member
    I have just started play testing and I would love some feed back and if others want to try it out and let me know if there are issues with any parts of it.
  • TS_DivaTS_Diva Posts: 477 Member
    This sounds really interesting. Definitely a good way to get Newcrest built up!
    TS_Diva wrote: »
    This sounds really interesting. Definitely a good way to get Newcrest built up!

That was my thought, its a way to get the neighborhood built and have some fun too! Also you can always download houses if you don't want to do the building aspect!
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    Woah luv it. Too bad I've already started a legacy and can't quit as I'm trying to make a legacy of sims tht basicly cheat on other sims and date a lot of sims. My play stye is single sim but I wanna rlly test how many sims other sims can date.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
    emmaning wrote: »
    Woah luv it. Too bad I've already started a legacy and can't quit as I'm trying to make a legacy of sims tht basicly cheat on other sims and date a lot of sims. My play stye is single sim but I wanna rlly test how many sims other sims can date.

Wow that must get very dramatic! Try this out once your finished, this challenge can be played with many different play styles!

Wow that must get very dramatic! Try this out once your finished, this challenge can be played with many different play styles!

It does but I luv drama. Soon as I'm finished I'm doing your newcrest one :) this one is in newcrest and I've already got some of the drama going. My family tree so far is tht my current sim is married to Don lothario, they're cheating on him, they have 3 kids, Don is the dad of the girl and the dad of the twin boys is Malcolm Landgraaab (at a party he aged up to a YA in my game, yes he used to be a teen) and so yeh I've only just started it yesterday. But cheating is my specialty and yes it doesn't get orquad. Its basicly the cheatagacy challenge I'm not playing by rules but it's pretty much tht. I'm saving the drama until I feel like a heap of it. First twins ever born in my game were in this challenge (been playing for awhile but I've had twins loads in 3 yea) and it was such a suprise as in my game, a pregnancy is pretty much guaranteed single baby. My playstyle also involves drama :)
    feKqkxf.jpg

It does but I luv drama. Soon as I'm finished I'm doing your newcrest one :) this one is in newcrest and I've already got some of the drama going. My family tree so far is tht my current sim is married to Don lothario, they're cheating on him, they have 3 kids, Don is the dad of the girl and the dad of the twin boys is Malcolm Landgraaab (at a party he aged up to a YA in my game, yes he used to be a teen) and so yeh I've only just started it yesterday. But cheating is my specialty and yes it doesn't get orquad. Its basicly the cheatagacy challenge I'm not playing by rules but it's pretty much tht. I'm saving the drama until I feel like a heap of it. First twins ever born in my game were in this challenge (been playing for awhile but I've had twins loads in 3 yea) and it was such a suprise as in my game, a pregnancy is pretty much guaranteed single baby. My playstyle also involves drama :)

That sounds like a blast, I am too simple and quite to want that kind of drama in my life (or my sims lives) but I would love to know how others play this challenge too, especially if it is very different than mine!
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Wow, this certainly is a unique take on the regular legacy challenge...
    I've been working on completing my own Newcrest and am almost finished. When I'm finally done, I think I'll start a new save with an empty Newcrest and try this challenge out.

That sounds like a blast, I am too simple and quite to want that kind of drama in my life (or my sims lives) but I would love to know how others play this challenge too, especially if it is very different than mine!

For your challenge when I start it I'll definatly let you know how I'm playing it :) drama is my kinda thing.
    feKqkxf.jpg

• tarahkimberlytarahkimberly Posts: 27 Member
    I like this a lot! Awesome idea!
    Jase wrote: »
    Wow, this certainly is a unique take on the regular legacy challenge...
    I've been working on completing my own Newcrest and am almost finished. When I'm finally done, I think I'll start a new save with an empty Newcrest and try this challenge out.

Thanks, I look forward to hearing how you progress with this challenge!
  • BrandiBugBrandiBug Posts: 1,313 Member
    I'm about to start this, but one question. Will I just be moving my legacy fam from lot to lot once a goal is achieved?
    giphy.gif
    BrandiBug wrote: »
    I'm about to start this, but one question. Will I just be moving my legacy fam from lot to lot once a goal is achieved?

Yes that is the idea, once the family has gotten bigger you don't always have to move the entire family you can just move the next heir into their new home. For example when you build the neighborhoods you will move your spares into the houses and the family could stay in their house there and the heir could leave or they could all go to the next lot. It is completely up to you how you want to play that aspect of it.
  • Thursday10pmThursday10pm Posts: 193 Member
    This looks like fun. I'm not sure I'll get it completed (I haven't managed to reach the 10th generation since sims2) but I'll definitely start :)
    This looks like fun. I'm not sure I'll get it completed (I haven't managed to reach the 10th generation since sims2) but I'll definitely start :)

Woohoo! Let us all know how you do with it!
    edited June 2015
    My founder is working away quite diligently but I have a couple of questions :) Does she have to have a spouse or can she 'try for baby' or adopt to get an heir? And is she expected to reach the top of her career as well as complete the aspiration?
    18811373949_f99175d731_z.jpg
    (I've never used flickr before, hope this works)
  • HannaHasSimsHannaHasSims Posts: 256 Member
    This is interesting :) I might try it!
    Ykw4PMd.jpg

My founder is working away quite diligently but I have a couple of questions :) Does she have to have a spouse or can she 'try for baby' or adopt to get an heir? And is she expected to reach the top of her career as well as complete the aspiration?
    18811373949_f99175d731_z.jpg
    (I've never used flickr before, hope this works)

All of those baby producing options are fine as long as you can move on to the next generation. Only the generations that say you have to complete both job and aspiration, which is most of them, do you need to reach the top of the career, otherwise only finishing the aspiration is enough.
    Awesome and thank you for such a speedy response :) I can let her take a few days off work to have a little fun.
    Normally I play on long and it feels like her life is almost over and all she has done is go to work and look after her garden lol. All the men she has met so far are married, which might explain why she ends up being a single mother. I'm feeling a little sorry for poor Twyla.
  • YwexyYwexy Posts: 9 New Member
    I've never done a Sims challenge before, but this one seems fun! :) I have one question about the founding sim though: except for the aspiration, do I get to choose the traits?
    I read and reread the rules and I'm pretty certain we choose whatever traits we like for the founder. I sure hope so or I'll have to restart.
  • YwexyYwexy Posts: 9 New Member
    > @Thursday10pm said:
    > I read and reread the rules and I'm pretty certain we choose whatever traits we like for the founder. I sure hope so or I'll have to restart.

Yeah, that was what I thought, I just had to make sure. Thank you :)
    I read and reread the rules and I'm pretty certain we choose whatever traits we like for the founder. I sure hope so or I'll have to restart.

Yep, any traits you want to start and then use Pinstar's random roller for child and teens and then you can choose the last trait of future generations.
  • xoxoXDxoxoXD Posts: 215 Member
    I will try this!
    qCDeJ1I.gif
    xoxoXD wrote: »
    I will try this!

Awesome :p