Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Finger Painting for Toddlers

I love toddlers! Who doesn’t? :mrgreen:

Wouldn’t it be super cute if we had a set/PC item that allowed toddlers to finger paint? I think that would be so adorable! There’s already a book called Finger Painting 101, so it only makes sense, right?

boy-finger-painting.jpg?1373482268

b8ada21f58e5684c6d99e609e908c786.jpg

finger-painting-2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited July 2014
    I would love that... and then we could put up their paintings on the wall.... it be nice if kids could use it to... and if there could be axidents and the toddler/kid gets paint all over them and the floor (and both toodler + floor need cleaning)
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    JodiRebbyJodiRebby Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited July 2014

That's what I'm thinking too! It's a great idea and goes well with a nursery, daycare or a kids' play area at the local mall. Adding a link to this thread in my ideas and feedback thread. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    if they smart they make it so older sims (child and up) can help the toddler/sit with them and paint... makeign learnign faster for the toddler
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    edited July 2014
    I would love this, it would be great if it helped them become artistic and become famous painters!!! :D
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Kgaff wrote:
    I would love this, it would be great if it helped them become artistic and become famous painters!!! :D

it could defently build the painting skill like other stuff build the logic skill....
  • Options
    MarLee67MarLee67 Posts: 217 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thats a great idea! It would make playing with toddlers a lot more fun.
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    edited July 2014
    I would love this...
    I play lots of large families and would to see my sim kid's art on display in their households.
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    edited July 2014
    Would love this!
    In Sims 2 our tots could draw at the table then stick their pictures to the wall. We've still got the play table, but only the blocks are available. Why did they take away the drawing/painting part?
    Please consider this idea store team .... there are some of us planning to stick with our sims toddlers :mrgreen:
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited July 2014
    I welcome any new pc item for toddlers and children! :thumbup:
  • Options
    MarvelissaMarvelissa Posts: 9,456 Member
    edited July 2014
    I would love this. It sounds adorable. :) And more toddler activities are always good!
    Mafia Stats:
    Games Played: 59 | Wins: 31 | Losses: 27 | Draws: 1
    Scum: 14 | Town: 40 | Third: 5
    Scum Wins: 5 | Town Wins: 25 | Third Party Wins: 1
    Alive: 18 | Nightkilled: 16 | Lynched: 18 | Endgamed: 3 | Other: 5
  • Options
    NyosimNyosim Posts: 816 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'd love a PC item that could help tots improve their painting skill for when they grow up :-)

Also parents should interact with tots using this

DSC_2678.JPG
    900woh.png
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited July 2014
    Love it!
  • Options
    kayla1686kayla1686 Posts: 1,697 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm so happy to hear such a positive response! Wonderful ideas, everyone. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    simhead70simhead70 Posts: 614 Member
    edited July 2014
    This is a super cool idea! :shock: :D

I love all the finger painting pics you have, they are perfect!! See this is why I love the Sims 3. Wonderful post! OP

I truly hope this makes it on the list of must haves for the Sims 3.
    b141edb2-262e-48c6-a432-99db802758b0_zpspfbmwyih.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    imagen that if you didn't clean your toddler after they painted they crawl/walk all over and leave handprints... that you then also would need to clean....
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yes, this is a great idea. It would add real function to the game, for an age group that badly needs more to do. Even if the toddlers needed a small table to do the finger painting, that would be fine with me.

And considering all the people who championed toddlers when the excluded from TS4, the demand for this kind of thing is strong.

• Options
    wannie00wannie00 Posts: 155 Member
    edited July 2014
    I would love this for my toddlers! I would welcome any new content that is for toddlers and I hope the store would make one more toddler set with a bunch of PC items at least one more time.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    wannie00 wrote:
    I would love this for my toddlers! I would welcome any new content that is for toddlers and I hope the store would make one more toddler set with a bunch of PC items at least one more time.

agree I love my toddlers.... and when they have learnt to walk, talk and use the potty I focus much on haveing fun with them as the parents work and the kids are at school
  • Options
    kayla1686kayla1686 Posts: 1,697 Member
    edited July 2014
    A few more pics for inspiration... :mrgreen:

fingerpainting476x290.jpg
    ft_kidsspring02_l.jpg
    kids%20finger%20painting.jpg
  • Options
    Katty0Katty0 Posts: 3,907 Member
    edited July 2014
    I love this idea!!
  • Options
    loulouhloulouh Posts: 196 Member
    edited July 2014
    This is a lovely idea and the thought of little toddlers leaving a trail of teeny tiny paint handprints over the floor as they crawl away... Adorable!

Wouldn't it be cool if say, 2 toddlers could sit over a painting pad together on the floor with some paints. And maybe tempers fray & paint gets splattered on an unsuspecting toddler by their naughty friend... lol.

Gosh, I'm gonna miss toddlers in The Sims 4 :shock: :?
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    edited July 2014
    Sims2 had painting for kids and toddlers at the little table and you could hang them up. Sims3 kind of forgot things for the creative little Sims. I like this idea.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1