Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Isla Escudo: A Caribbean paradise for your Sims *RELEASED*

niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
O.k. queue the mood music!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erwLhFO2f88

I proudly present...

Isla Escudo!

Screenshot-368_zps18387f68.jpg

DOWNLOAD IT HERE http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8298635

Beta Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?b56f2dpubbvqyai

This world is not populated!

Isla Escudo is a beautiful Island republic consisting of two main states. The first is the main Isla Escudo with the greater majority of the population. The second is St. Agatha Isle. Loosely based on Jamaica. The Island was first settled by an ancient civilization consisting of both mermaids and humans. When colonization hit, the ancient civilization receded into the water. Isla Escudo was colonized by the Spanish. Isle of St. Agatha was first colonized by the dutch but later taken over by the British. Eventually, both countries revolted from their respected superpower and formed one republic. Thanks to the help that the mermaids provided in the revolutions, the two civilizations are very friendly and the mermaids opened up their underwater world to the humans when SCUBA technology became possible. Now the old world republic is trying to come to grips with modern technology.

I'm proud to say that there is NO 3RD PARTY CUSTOM CONTENT in this world. It's amazing how difficult that was to pull off. There aren't even any corrupt files attached to the world, just the world file, and the image file. :D

WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO DOWNLOAD THIS WORLD-
All EP's are used in some way except ITF, however the ones that are used heavily are Ambitions, World Adventures, Supernatural, Island Paradise (this one is absolutely necessary), Late Night, and University.
I don't know if seasons is necessary. All I used were a few objects and the wildflower spawners.
You could live without University Life or Ambitions to an extent. Showtime was used, but just for the decorations.
I stayed away from Stuff Packs, but an occasional item from Town Life, or Master Suite may pop up.
I used content from Dragon Valley, Barnacle Bay, and Riverview
Monte Vista is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY You cannot download this world without it.
miscellaneous store content is sporadic yet not necessary. I'll come up with a list of recommended objects around launch date.

Original Post--

No, I'm not ditching Baie Acadienne, it's almost done actually! I just need to finish the beach area, finish a few houses, and then add spawners, then it's time for beta testing! :D

God I hate Isla Paradiso, I just hate it so much (sorry world team, but I was really disappointed). So I started this a couple of days ago and I'm really happy with where it's going. This is an old forgotten colonial outpost in the Caribbean, it also will have ancient ruins. It's going to have about 5 islands in the open ocean. And they are seriously going to be in the middle of the ocean. You will hardly be able to see the main Island from them. I'm not going to have uncharted islands (I find them to be stupid) but there will be dive lots... hopefully.

One thing I hated about Isla paradiso was so much modern housing. That's not going to happen here. Everything is either colonial or ancient! :D And this world actually has a decent amount of trees! :D

EP's required:
All except ITF.

I may include items from other EP's but they will not be required. Same applies with the stuff packs and store content.

THIS WILL REQUIRE MONTE VISTA THOUGH

Pictures up to 6/30/13

SirensLandingLayout_zpsbb63cd88.png

Screenshot-952_zpsbdeaa029.jpg

Screenshot-961_zps0fa82136.jpg

SirensLanding_zps86bab087.png

Screenshot-960_zpscfe59d85.jpg

Screenshot-956_zps269ffb93.jpg

Screenshot-951_zps250bf67a.jpg

Screenshot-955_zps867e20c0.jpg

Screenshot-957_zps7d168ae5.jpg

Screenshot-954_zpse95be5e0.jpg

Screenshot-958_zps04a6c1a3.jpg

Screenshot-953_zpsd603c03a.jpg

Screenshot-959_zps5d03f635.jpg
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    edited July 2013
    I think it looks cute so far just curious why not have supernatural also? atleast because some of the objects from supernatural would do great for the elegant but not modern houses.
  • niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited July 2013
    peoinee wrote:
    I think it looks cute so far just curious why not have supernatural also? atleast because some of the objects from supernatural would do great for the elegant but not modern houses.

Sure, it could have Supernatural Items, (it probably will) but the EP will not be required to play the world.
    edited July 2013
    peoinee wrote:

I just saw your request on the other thread (with the map. Even though this has a bigger town area, I think this world would fit your request beautifully! :D
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    edited July 2013
    HI :D

It looks wonderful! Love the builds and the island layout. Beautiful :mrgreen:
    edited July 2013
    niac1234 wrote:
    peoinee wrote:

I just saw your request on the other thread (with the map. Even though this has a bigger town area, I think this world would fit your request beautifully! :D

???? are you talking about the waterworld thing. Nah i was just stating what i saw of someone elses request pic....Im partial to the all in one maps just because i believe i paid for all these god forsaken EPs i should beable to play them all in the same map but since EA hates people like me i have to go to wonderful builders like Rflong for their beautiful creations.

However from what your saying your world might also have these specifications with small personal ajustments. just please please place the vault lol besides in a type of world your talking about a vault that hold old records wouldnt be totally out of place. :mrgreen:
  • 6MC2C-EAPAL-CCQA6MC2C-EAPAL-CCQA Posts: 142 Member
    edited July 2013
    it looks so aweasome i can't wait to play in it :)
    edited July 2013
    oh and btw i clicked on the youtube video and got lost for a few mins lol.

I live in Florida just 15 mins away from Kennedy space center and the beaches i love going out and just staring at the water.
  • savethecatssavethecats Posts: 345 Member
    edited July 2013
    Gorgeous!!! Looking forward to both new worlds! Thank you for sharing :D
  • will2586will2586 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited July 2013
    Another beauty Niac! When I fix my game somehow, I'll definitely have to get this and Baie Acadienne in my game!

Utterly stunning! :thumbup:

~Will
  • WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    edited July 2013
    This looks fantastic. I too am disappointed with Isla Paradiso.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• ItzmeeItzmee Posts: 2,729 Member
    edited July 2013
    Looking absolutely stunning, Niac! To be honest, I wouldn't have thought that using the rabbitholes from Monte Vista would look that nice, but I was definitely wrong! I can't wait to see more! :thumbup:

Itzmee
  • SinkalaSinkala Posts: 475 Member
    edited July 2013
    This looks stunning and exactly what I was looking for. I can't play Isla Paradiso because of the routing and lag and this will be a perfect replacement
    edited July 2013
    Itzmee wrote:
    Looking absolutely stunning, Niac! To be honest, I wouldn't have thought that using the rabbitholes from Monte Vista would look that nice, but I was definitely wrong! I can't wait to see more! :thumbup:

Itzmee

:lol: I've been thinking about doing a Spanish world with the Monte Vista rabbitholes ever since Monte Vista came out. At first, it was going to be in the desert though. :XD:

Peoinee I never miss out on a rabbithole, Vault included! :D

Thank you everyone for your kind comments! They are very appreciated! :D
  • SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited July 2013
    Bookmarking and looking forward to more - especially love that you are making it more historical. I'm glad to hear that you're about to finish La Baie Acadienne, though. I was worried that you had abandoned it, but I knew you were waiting for IP to add more features.
    edited July 2013
    samiam662 wrote:
    Bookmarking and looking forward to more - especially love that you are making it more historical. I'm glad to hear that you're about to finish La Baie Acadienne, though. I was worried that you had abandoned it, but I knew you were waiting for IP to add more features.

Thank you; I'm glad it's almost done as well. :XD: I was able to find a bunch of custom creations on the exchange, and that really helped me in trying to finish the plantation section. :D
  • CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    edited July 2013

Just letting you know... My sims will live here, and they will make babies there, and when they do I will name one after you :lol:
  • will2586will2586 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited July 2013
    Just letting you know... My sims will live here, and they will make babies there, and when they do I will name one after you :lol:

That is one great idea right there! :lol:

~Will
  • CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    edited July 2013
    will2586 wrote:
    That is one great idea right there! :lol:

~Will

It is sort of a tradition of mine, if I play a world created by a community member I always name a sim after them :mrgreen: ... Tried it on a world where it was a collaboration, my sim had to have so many kids :lol:
  • TRachetTRachet Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited July 2013
    Niac, this world looks amazing! I love the detail, especially! :-)

Bookmarked!
  • evclm6evclm6 Posts: 458 Member
    edited July 2013
    This world looks beautiful, have bookmarked it!
  • NanatoriumNanatorium Posts: 3,445 Member
    edited July 2013
    This is looks amazing and very authentic so far. Looking forward to it! Bookmarked!
  • krimsonnoxkrimsonnox Posts: 6,143 Member
    edited July 2013
    Oh i love how this looks! Can't wait to play the map. Im so excited to have more island worlds to visit. i do like IP but it's a bit barren. It's just no where near as beautiful to look at as Sunlit tides was.

I love the Caribbean and I know I will enjoy having some sims there. Feel free to use lots from my studio :)
    edited July 2013
    Update 2

So what have I been doing? I updated the main town. There is now a finished library, salon, port area, community garden, and nectary. I'm doing a nectary instead of a large park. I find large parks to boring and stupid. I'll be putting in small plazas and fishing areas throughout the downtown. I then put in ports, with sailboats and houseboats (courtesy of Ehaught58 and exdemon1220) :mrgreen:
    Next, I made a small island. This island has the graveyard, a small house, and a port. This island is VERY colorful, and I also put a lot of ancient ruins. :thumbup:

First, the ports

Screenshot-972_zps97802f55.jpg

Screenshot-978_zpsdeac191a.jpg

Screenshot-979_zpsc3a745fc.jpg

Next, the nectary.

Screenshot-976_zpscbcecf9d.jpg

Screenshot-973_zpse53a0e7f.jpg

Screenshot-974_zps2267d235.jpg

Next, the Island (admittedly, it's not very pretty from the ground view)

Screenshot-985_zps5b1ccfef.jpg

Screenshot-981_zps06bd50ae.jpg

Screenshot-984_zps0caba5b9.jpg

Screenshot-980_zpsa386d002.jpg

Screenshot-982_zps686ec42d.jpg

Screenshot-983_zpsa6034f03.jpg

Screenshot-970_zpsfe7e4500.jpg

Screenshot-971_zpsf14c7d4a.jpg

This is the courtyard outside of the library

Screenshot-968_zps7018fd67.jpg

And an overview of the town so far.

Screenshot-986_zps187738ec.jpg

I hope you enjoy! :D This is really fun world to build. And it'll be short, So I won't get bored with and have it take a long time like La Baie Acadienne. :mrgreen:
    edited July 2013
    Bump! :D
  • ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited July 2013
    It's looking gorgeous, Niac! Just beautiful, as usual. I also love the historical angle. :mrgreen:

Have you considered adding a real lighthouse somewhere instead of an EA ornamental one? :wink:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top