Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Vampires Patch Issues

Master_SteerpikeMaster_Steerpike Posts: 266 Member
This thread is for communicating with the developers regarding issues in The Sims 4 Vampires that you think can/should be addressed in a patch. Where possible it is advisable to give examples from your gameplay to make it easier for QA to figure out how to address the issues from a coding standpoint.

@SimGuruDrake Would you be kind enough to pin this thread so the developers can keep an eye on it?

@SimGuruNinja As you are actually part of the team that developed this product, your feedback participation would also be appreciated by customers posting here.
@SimGuruNick
@SimQAMadacat

I will start with some things I noticed in gameplay:

While it is true that vampires go to a day job fine, they do not handle returning fine. I have two vampires in my current household (Elijah and Rebekah Mikaelson) in the business career path. They get home at 5:00 PM and just stand outside in the sun. The AI should have them get inside as soon as possible not have them standing out there getting their Vampire Energy motive drained.

Proposed Fix: Have vampires enter their home when getting back from work.

One of my vampire's (Kol Mikaelson) unlocked plasma fruit salad and I thought this would be a good way to help them keep their thirst motive in good shape. I had Kol prepare a group meal of plasma fruit salad and when Rebekah was directed to eat it she started acting like she was eating normal sim food (Withered Stomach weakness). Since it is a plasma fruit product, it is supposed to be vampire friendly - it wasn't. Another sim in household (standard sim - human) also tried eating the plasma fruit salad and had a similar reaction. According to the game, plasma fruit salad is not for vampires or human sims. This needs to be fixed.

Speaking of the thirst motive, short of them having plasma packs in their inventory - they don't take care of this need themselves (at home). This household has four vampires (Niklaus, Elijah, Rebekah and Kol Mikaelson) and four humans for them to drink from and they do not do it autonomously. This is a basic sim need and sims are supposed to take care of themselves in such areas.

Possible proposed fixes: Have them autonomously drink from available sims and/or bring back plasma juice as a quick meal in the refrigerator as The Sims 3.

How about this hierarchy? If there is a sim available to drink from, then the vampire autonomously drinks. If there is no available sim to drink from and they know how to make plasma fruit salad (vampire friendly), then they make themselves that autonomously. If they do not know how to make plasma fruit salad, then have some form of plasma juice available in the refrigerator.

How about adding thirst replenishment when the vampire is at work?

It also turns out that vampires do not autonomously use the homemade plasma packs - this should be changed so they use them as they do the ordered version of the plasma packs.

Our vampires also lack the ability to show hospitality to visiting vampires. Caleb drops in from time to time and it would be nice to be able to offer him something to tend his thirst need.

Another thing I noticed was that this game pack did not add to the in-game help files - there is nothing in "Live Mode" regarding vampires.

Fellow simmers, if you have other things to add to this, by all means do so. Let's make this thread a one stop place for the developers to check to see what needs to be addressed in The Sims 4 Vampires game pack.
Post edited by Master_Steerpike on

Comments

• AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    I think the plasma fruit salad is not a glitch but however has to do with how well it was prepared. My sim with the withered stomach made some and it was of poor quality. However, when both she and her husband tried it they became nauseous but the moodlet did not say it had to do with the stomach issue and only she has the withered stomach weakness. The debuff says it was from poorly made food. I'm think she needs to improve either her cooking or lore to improve it's quality and then it won't be an issue. It might be a bug, but I think I will test further.
  • PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    I've only encountered the bad plasma fruit salad when ordering it in a restaurant. My vampires are fine eating it at home. Also you can order plasma packs from the computer. Vampires will automatically drink if they have packs in their inventory.
  • faith4jesusfaith4jesus Posts: 95 Member
    It would be nice if anything created with plasma fruit such as recipes is ok for Sim Vampires to eat. I was surprised to read that people have created a meal with plasma fruit and their vampire gets sick from it.
  • Master_SteerpikeMaster_Steerpike Posts: 266 Member
    I've only encountered the bad plasma fruit salad when ordering it in a restaurant. My vampires are fine eating it at home. Also you can order plasma packs from the computer. Vampires will automatically drink if they have packs in their inventory.

Yes, they will use packs in their inventory, but it requires player intervention to get them there. From the beginning in The Sims (all iterations), Sims have taken care of their own basic needs while the player concentrated on things like aspirations, skills, fulfilling wants, that sort of thing. The Sims 4 continues this except where vampire thirst is concerned.
  • Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Along with this I would suggest tweaking plasma fruit and packs to satisfy more thirst or providing a way for the player to set the level of thirst satisfaction from those items.

From what playing I have done I think the developers wisely (in my opinion) borrowed the concept of a vampire's need to feed from Vampire: The Masquerade. If you don't feed the vampire will be driven by need and go into a feeding frenzy. Accordingly a part of the game is to keep your vampire fed. And the game seems to be tweaked in this direction. While I think this is the right direction this means that the player spends a lot of time attending the need to control the thirst. I would like the ability to change the difficulty in dealing with thirst to make it easier or harder to deal with.

Maybe different grades of plasma packs? I don't know what the current level of thirst satisfaction is, but starting from an empty thirst bar I would like a pack to fill it 1/3 to 1/2, but in any event something less than that provided by feeding on Sims.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    The problem with the plasma fruit salad I find, is if you have the sloppy drinker weakness (Before anyone says I won't change it - I'm not willing to accept the alternative weaknesses to the ones I've got) it barely adds to the thirst replenishment, and as they take so long to eat food in this game it's going down as it goes back up - not worth it.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    I've noticed that vampires don't always change into their dark form to feed.

Also, when you call a vampire during night time hours it says they are sleeping.

--T
  • Melbana9Melbana9 Posts: 262 Member
    yes and a bloody mary drink from the bar, to top it off :) he he just kidding.we should have something for the vampires, my sim have friends that are vampires.I would have offer them some thing, when they visit my sim.
  • DaydreamerFlyDaydreamerFly Posts: 1 New Member
    My fully transformed vampire constantly has human sleep needs. Her needs bar looks like a vampires, and her vampire energy will be completely full, and yet she often has a "tired" emotion, making her uncomfortable most of the time. She is CONSTANTLY autonomously trying to sleep in bed, nap on benches, etc.
    She is also now having regular energy failures.
    It's hard to do anything about this because, as a vampire, she has no bar showing me when she would need to sleep.
    I can only explain this as still responding like she has human sleep needs without them being visible. I've found about 5 others through Reddit who are currently also experiencing this problem.

Please someone look at this, the energy failures are making the game really unplayable.
  • ValmionValmion Posts: 89 Member
    I threw a vampire party last night, the two vampires that lived in the house had 20 plasma packs in inventory, each. When the house party started, the two of them started binge drinking their plasma packs, one after another until they both went through the 20 they had in inventory.
    This must be a bug, or perhaps plasma binge drinking is a college stunt they picked up and are showing off :)

• SkosalgSkosalg Posts: 165 Member
    Vampires walking out in the sunlight by themselves. They should be smarter than that.
  • walkergirl4797walkergirl4797 Posts: 8 New Member
    After my sim became a grand master vampire every so often she holds her stomach and lets out a sort of growl and then quickly covers her mouth looking shocked! I didn't pick the uncontrollable hissing weakness so it must be something else. Anyone got any ideas on this?
  • SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    After my sim became a grand master vampire every so often she holds her stomach and lets out a sort of growl and then quickly covers her mouth looking shocked! I didn't pick the uncontrollable hissing weakness so it must be something else. Anyone got any ideas on this?

That sounds like the animation for nausea. Is she pregnant? Does she have the weak stomach (can't remember the exact name) weakness and eat sim food?
  • rosehrtgirlrosehrtgirl Posts: 252 Member
    edited January 2017
    My fully transformed vampire constantly has human sleep needs. Her needs bar looks like a vampires, and her vampire energy will be completely full, and yet she often has a "tired" emotion, making her uncomfortable most of the time. She is CONSTANTLY autonomously trying to sleep in bed, nap on benches, etc.
    It's hard to do anything about this because, as a vampire, she has no bar showing me when she would need to sleep.
    I can only explain this as still responding like she has human sleep needs without them being visible. I've found about 5 others through Reddit who are currently also experiencing this problem.

Please someone look at this, the energy failures are making the game really unplayable.

I having this too, with a vampire I created in CAS in a new game.

I had the plasma fruit salad bug where a vampire with the withered stomach got sick and vomited. Even though the plasma fruit salad was of excellent quality. So it had nothing to do with the quality of the plasma fruit salad.
  • pihwhtpihwht Posts: 39 Member

Same with my vampire. She needs to sleep most of the time to be able to vamp around for a few hours.
  • Master_SteerpikeMaster_Steerpike Posts: 266 Member

It appears to be a known bug.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/910870/dine-out-and-vampire
  • walkergirl4797walkergirl4797 Posts: 8 New Member
    @SimMommy05 She does have the withered stomach but has never eaten human food. She isn't pregnant no, and I tried to give her medicine for it but she didn't need it :/ It's almost like there's something evil in her that's trying to get out! :worried:
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member

Same here. It is kind of tiresome as I end up having to take care of human and Vampire needs (she often needs to use the bathroom, eat regular food in addition to drinking plasma and sleep a lot. I am pretty sure it might be a bug as most of my mods won't conflict with that (that majority of mods are clothing, hair, etc....) and I have some other problems when it comes to the dark form. So far she hadn't have a problem with plasma or that salad; but she has different weaknesses and traits though.
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    edited January 2017
    ETA: wrong thread

Post edited by LuvMySimz on
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• AmbereenAmbereen Posts: 56 Member
    I am also having issues with my vampire sim constantly needing to sleep. It doesn't matter if her energy bar is full, she'll go into low energy, constantly be tired, and try to nap/sleep or even crash on the floor though she won't actually pass out. Instead, the moodlet stays at critically low energy with no timer countdown on the bottom. And sometimes, even though I tell her to sleep, her vampire energy refuses to recover as well. So there is something going on there.

My sim also gets the glitch with the plasma salad AND on top of that, can't seem to dark meditate at all. I can tell her to do it, but the interaction disappears. I do have mods and cc, and I know I have to start going through my cc, but I DID go through my mods and all of them are updated.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @Ambereen I just encountered this issue as well last night. My vampires energy is not even low and he'll get that critically low energy. I honestly don't understand it, as the vampire energy bar is not even halfway low. & I don't have any weaknesses regarding vampire energy. I started noticing this problem when my vampired leveled up to the 3rd tier & I chose the Moon power. I thought this was supposed to help energy? For weaknesses, he only has the one where he prefers to sleep in a coffin and will get sick eating human food.
    Not sure what's causing this, but definitely major problems in my game as I can barely take him out without him dragging from being tired.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Skosalg wrote: »
    Vampires walking out in the sunlight by themselves. They should be smarter than that.

I hope this is not changed for turned townie vampires. It would decrease my fun tremendously. But for our own vampires, yes, they probably shouldn't be out somewhere. But I have yet to see one of my other vampires out during the day.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    To everyone with vampires requiring sleep, bladder, etc. Are you using mods? I see some of you are but others didn't mention. I haven't had this problem yet so might possibly be mod related. (or i'm lucky so far)
  • mushroomitemushroomite Posts: 1 New Member
    I've had an issue (and so have other people but I cant post links yet :/) where my sims vampire ears won't load at all. They'll show them having vampire ears in CAS and in the thumbnails for your household, but always turn out to be rounded/normal during actual game play. I have yet to try the fix they mentioned in the forum, which is only temporary, as you have to stay in your dark form forever. I did make sure to reinstall my game and get rid of any CC just to make sure it wasn't that, but the ears still wont load :(
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    There does seem to be an issue with some vampires not loosing their human needs.

You can me too/post here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Vampires-still-have-human-needs/td-p/5842823/

Please make sure to try on vanilla game.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial