Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Pen Pal Project - For All Games!

Comments

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    BTW, did you think this project would take off the way it did? :) It's pretty cool, and there are so many different Sims.

When I first came up with the idea, I thought I'd just ask one or two to take part, casually. But I always like to be inclusive, and it seems like my other collabs always spin into wild things with lots of participants, so I guess, I thought that if I opened it up, it might bloom! But I didn't expect the flower to be so beautiful with so many lovely, unique petals! :smile:

What I didn't anticipate was so much cross-Sim-version (TS3-TS4) correspondence, and I certainly didn't anticipate so many lovely people taking part! :)

So, I'm really happy!

What I love about this collab is its flexibility: it's ok for participants to take part at their own pace, and to drop out and drop back in when needed, and more can join in at any time.

Some of my other collabs have faltered when people need to drop out, and there's no easy exit. So, leaving the door open for comings and goings seems to be a key! :)

lol one or 2 everything you touch takes off.
  • MedleyMistyMedleyMisty Posts: 1,188 Member
    @CathyTea - Well, this is certainly a brilliant collab and it's a way of getting to know each other's Sims in a different way. :) All our Sims have uniquenesses that really shine through in the letters, and yes, this lovely flower has many beautiful petals.

I know what you mean. Life can turn on a dime in unanticipated ways, and it's always sad when someone has to drop out. It's good that there's that doorway for comings and goings, and having a number of Sims participating keeps things fresh and new. :)

I love the cross-game communication, as it makes for some interesting storytelling and a different way of presenting screenshots. In the Lounge, I asked if anyone's tried to recreate a favorite Sim or Sims cross game. Me, I find it rather difficult and I totally suck at it, unfortunately. I'd been toying with recreating Lenora and Tyrone but I'm hesitant because I don't think I could do them justice.

I started writing about Seth and Sarah in Sims 3. First thing I did when the Sims 4 CAS demo came out was make them. Got Sarah right on the first try. Seth took a bit, and some criticism from people who are better at making Sims than I am. But I'm pretty happy with them. :)

Sims 3 versions:

tumblr_ok1vh2EaHi1riev15o2_540.jpg

tumblr_ok1vh2EaHi1riev15o1_540.jpg

Sims 4 versions:

tumblr_ok1vh2EaHi1riev15o3_540.png

tumblr_ok1vh2EaHi1riev15o4_540.jpg

Sometimes the darkness and I tell stories.
    sis i got to drop out . my game glitched really bad,
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

Oh, phooey! Well, if you're able to recreate the Benders, you can always pop back in again. Good luck!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!

Oh, phooey! Well, if you're able to recreate the Benders, you can always pop back in again. Good luck!

you know i'm going to o. lol. i was going touse my new couple but the second i lost ayden my heart broke.

you know i'm going to o. lol. i was going touse my new couple but the second i lost ayden my heart broke.

What's this about losing Ayden? Lost through glitch or Reaper?

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    @MedleyMisty Your recreation of Seth and Sarah in TS4 is amazing--they very much look the same!

I guess my SimSelf is the only one I've tried creating in both.

@MedleyMisty Your recreation of Seth and Sarah in TS4 is amazing--they very much look the same!

I guess my SimSelf is the only one I've tried creating in both.

Thanks! You have no idea how happy I was that there was a blue cardigan option for Seth, and when I got the full game it had the right hair color for him - brown with red highlights. :)

edited January 2017

What's this about losing Ayden? Lost through glitch or Reaper?

glitch if it wasd the reaaper i might be crying. .
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    edited January 2017
    You can read Anya's profile now!

c1-01_zpsa4soitds.gif

Welcome to the Pen Pal Project! We are dedicated to fostering communication and connectivity between all people, using modern technology to create a sense of community. Please answer the following questions in detail, to ensure that we are best able to match you with your new correspondent or correspondents.

Name: Anya

Select your age bracket:
    Unsure

Profession:
    I am being kept by a house with yellow walls and a smug porch. It is a tidy house, and I do not believe it means me harm, even if there are poisonous mushrooms in the cellar. I did not choose to be here, but I came in through the attic door and the crater walls are high around me.

I believe the house is lonely.

Read more
    Post edited by Scribal_Goddess on
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
    @Scribal_Goddess I really enjoyed Anya's profile! Great screenshots! I forgot how much I enjoy the aesthetic of TS2.

I've got your profile listed.

@Xantheanmar I added Dove's second letter to Meadow to our Master list!

@everyone Any other updates I need to make to the first pages? :)

(I wonder if we'll have any vampires joining the project!)

• sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    @CathyTea - Here's Lenora's second letter to Meadow. Whew, it's a long one lol and I hope she enjoys it. :)

lenora-on-conputer-1-medium.jpg?w=1024&h=614Lenora to Meadow 2
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
    @CathyTea = That would be awesome to have a vampire join the project. I have Late Night for Sims 3 so I know how Sims 3 vampires are. I've got a few in my game that I enjoy playing. I'm definitely looking forward to their release in Sims 4 and can't wait to play with them. :) Being the supernatural fan I am, I hope we get other Supernaturals soon too.
    i really want to do this but aydens only 2 so it might be weird
    edited January 2017
    @CathyTea Seth's reply to Jasper is up! :)

tumblr_ok7wsnvSLH1riev15o1_540.png

Cardboard City
    Post edited by MedleyMisty on

• CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    I actually have a vampire i was thinking of entering into the project. I think he may be difficult to match as his life and letters will come from various times in very long life as well as using the various games sims 2, 3 and 4. i'll have to find some time to create his profile. Probably wont be till the weekend but i'll try do something before then..
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

@Charliimai This sounds really interesting! We have a few immortals and extra-mortals taking part, so I think you'll probably be able to find a match!

edited January 2017
    I LOVE Jasper's reply, @CathyTea :)

Oooh, @Charliimai please do join up. The more the merrier! :) Seth is full on pen pals, but I think your vampire would match well with some others who might still have spots open.

Also also also. I think that if you want, a good thing to do would be to request postcards! Since that's a thing with the pen pals in the game. :)
    @Charliimai - It would be awesome if you brought your vampire into the project. :) Yoive got more gumption than I do with wanting to do this over several games. I totally suck at recreating Sims in another game. Sadly, that is not one of my strong suits.

I do have immortals, all from my stories who still have slots available. Mathilda has lived the longest but Lenora and Liam have enjoyed and still are enjoying long lives. If any of them interests you, just let me know. :) However, I can't do the postcards since that isn't available in Sims 3.

For everyone who my Sims owe letters to, I'll be working on that tomorrow. We've had a bit of a busy week so that cut into my writing time.
    @sweetnightingale You could still do them if you wanted! Sims 3 is a beautiful game with lots of different places to visit and take pictures of. :)
    @MedleyMisty - I suppose you could make a postcard out of a picture and level up a Sim's photography skill at the same time. There's usually a creative workaround for something that's not readily available. It's just easier in Sims 4 with the send postcard built right in :)

• CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited January 2017
    @Charliimai This sounds really interesting! We have a few immortals and extra-mortals taking part, so I think you'll probably be able to find a match!

Thanks @cathytea Actually Dusk was ideally hoping for a human Penpal as he is human going into the project. Essentially he'll be happy just to have someone to talk to no matter the species or mortality.
    I LOVE Jasper's reply, @CathyTea :)

Oooh, @Charliimai please do join up. The more the merrier! :) Seth is full on pen pals, but I think your vampire would match well with some others who might still have spots open.

Also also also. I think that if you want, a good thing to do would be to request postcards! Since that's a thing with the pen pals in the game. :)

@MedleyMisty thank you I have decided to jump in the foray and sign Dusk up. You know my initial idea was postcards but Dusk tells his story though the correspondence soa postcard just wouldn't be enough for him.
    @Charliimai - It would be awesome if you brought your vampire into the project. :) Yoive got more gumption than I do with wanting to do this over several games. I totally suck at recreating Sims in another game. Sadly, that is not one of my strong suits.

I do have immortals, all from my stories who still have slots available. Mathilda has lived the longest but Lenora and Liam have enjoyed and still are enjoying long lives. If any of them interests you, just let me know. :) However, I can't do the postcards since that isn't available in Sims 3.

For everyone who my Sims owe letters to, I'll be working on that tomorrow. We've had a bit of a busy week so that cut into my writing time.

@sweetnightingale I actually created Dusk a few month's ago in both TS3 and Sims 4 I was setting up a cross over story where he would jump between the two worlds ( dream type situation) and do the things he's unable to do in sims 4 that I missed from TS3 I had played a while but then scrapped it. However in Ts3 he was a vampire enjoying going on Adventures and Sims 4 he was just a housebound Human. Then finding out about the Vampire pack inspired me to start again.

I 'll let you read his profile and see who is interested in him. The site still needs some work but that may have to wait till the weekend too.

Meet Dusk Mann
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)