Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Updated: More "evidence" of toddlers in TS4's code

bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
From dreamteamsims.tumblr.com:
There’s a toddler texture in the game since january 2015, but recently max20 at Sims4Studi also found a Model that could be for toddlers since it’s bigger and more detailed than the babies Model. Then the awesome inabadromance put them together and it’s a toddler that it looks A LOT like that toddler from the that toddler render. So I shared this information on a brazilian sims group I’m part of and the user Nathaly even added the clothes and the hair and yeah it’s the toddler from the render as you can see:

tumblr_inline_ocog8zGBfI1rw7c9g_540.png

bfa9451e3dc147544455b1edaceaff24-1.png

14cgpom.gif

(Please keep in mind this doesn't confirm anything. But... a step in the right direction, perhaps?)

EDIT: More "evidence":
also they are still adding the unused_flag in the new coding
such as this code which was made for kids stuff pack
vnab1U4.png

XopaxPax wrote: »
I guess these are for the CAS UI?
KW4ME9i.png
FaH5Euf.png

Okay, so the model has a tongue for some odd reason. No other model has this apparently.

Official statement from EA:
We reached out to EA regarding the status of this rumor, and a representative for The Sims Studio (Maxis) has officially stated that these are “all old assets that were used to create the custom Andrew Wilson image a couple years back”.

- source
Post edited by bythedreadwolf on

Comments

• Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    OK... They must be working on then, i mean, no way they did that for nothing.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    LathensLathens Posts: 35 Member
    Loving the bunny shirt.
  • Options
    XMachiaXXMachiaX Posts: 122 Member
    Someday... maybe... possibly... perhaps...
  • Options
    TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    They look amazing and exactly like on the artwork. I love the big cheeks
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    This is SOLID evidence they are being worked on.
    Or at the very least that they worked on then in the past.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited August 2016
    I need it now (more or less like 2 years ago!) :( she's so cute!!! Hopefully it's a step in the right direction even though it hasn't been confirmed yet.
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    This is SOLID evidence they are being worked on.
    Or at the very least that they worked on then in the past.

It's always been known that there were some toddler textures on the code since the game launched, but I think the model is new and was just recently found. So I can't help but feel a bit hopeful.

• Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited August 2016
    It's clear they worked on toddlers even before launch. In fact SimGuruGrant mentioned in an interview that we would get toddlers, so they were IN at some point. The question is: have they been able to solve the issues they encountered back then? Are toddlers stable enough now to be released?

Anyway, that toddler looks great! If they really add then I hope they look that cute!
  • Options
    Mouse1996Mouse1996 Posts: 269 Member
    It is soooo hard not to be hopeful, but I can't help it. Fingers crossed for us all that this is a positive sign our families will be complete very soon. But let's try not to get too hyped, just so we don't end up heartbroken if they say it was something they accidentally left in the game and means nothing.
    ed_zpsyclgaymk.gif
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    QDog wrote: »
    It's clear they worked on toddlers even before launch. In fact SimGuruGrant mentioned in an interview that we would get toddlers, so they were IN at some point. The question is: have they been able to solve the issues they encountered back then? Are toddlers stable enough now to be released?

Anyway, that toddler looks great! If they really add then I hope they look that cute!

The fact that this model is a new discovery is interesting. You'd think it would have been found already. Trying not to get hyped though...
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Oh, how I hope... They would be so cute!
  • Options
    Ninja-Dan22Ninja-Dan22 Posts: 117 Member
    I'm so exited! I know it isn't solid evidence, but still!!
  • Options
    EvaliynEvaliyn Posts: 129 Member
    aww she is so cute! <3

I hope we will ear something about toddlers before the end of the year! :)
  • Options
    InfinitexSimsInfinitexSims Posts: 239 Member
    Trying not to get hyped up, since the game taught me to not get excited, but omg shes sooo cute!
    chimera-evil-gif-teen-wolf-Favim.com-3963872.gif
    Theo♥
  • Options
    Wouldn't it be an awesome 2-year aniversary gift? But no such luck..
  • Options
    IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    The chubby cheeks are incredibly cute. I have this string of hope that's been spread out so thin that I didn't think we'd ever see toddlers. This doesn't make me sure, but it makes me just a little more hopeful. Cautious, but hopeful.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    looks good, and that girl has a pretty rad studded jacket. just saying I wish they would up the ante on Child clothing, it's pretty tacky, especially boy's clothing.

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    edited August 2016
    tumblr_nkdqbtQ2vx1teb4lvo1_250.gif

body is 5 characters too short
    Post edited by JayandMeeka on
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    *Let this be true*

They look so cute. Can't wait! I hope we will get them soon, so we can finally move on from the Toddler issue.
  • Options
    Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    I'm hoping it's real, but I'm not getting my hopes up. In any case, it's a very cute toddler and would definitely enhance the game, and stories too. It's sad reading Sim Lit because you can tell the authors are getting very creative with how they fill the "gaps" between baby and child.
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • Options
    ScalesofGreyScalesofGrey Posts: 183 Member
    edited August 2016
    The toddler's middle jacket looks like this top that came out recently with Kids Room Stuff.

Edit: Also pretty sure that bunny top/dress is from Get to Work or Outdoor Retreat too.

Edit2: I learnt how to read now thanks.
  • Options
    The toddler's middle jacket looks like this top that came out recently with Kids Room Stuff.

Edit: Also pretty sure that bunny top/dress is from Get to Work or Outdoor Retreat too.

I understand the clothes and hair were added by a fan. What was found in the game files was just the bald "naked" toddler.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member

Yes, someone photoshopped the clothing on the model or whatever. But the actual model is in the game files.