Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims House Party problems

Just got this expansion to add to my game (previously had the base game and livin large).
No problem installing it, but when I opened it up it didn't want to play. I clicked on the play button and it loaded for a few seconds then a window popped up saying "Fatal Error: Your graphics card does not support thousands of colours. Exit the game now"
Makes no sense cause all my other games have worked fine. There shouldn't be anything wrong with the graphics card either cause my computer is nearly brand new, I've only had it for a few months.
Btw this was in admin mode, then I tried without running it as admin and it did the same thing.
Any advice?

Comments

• Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Did you run it in compatibility mode?
  • PorcelainDancer25PorcelainDancer25 Posts: 14 New Member
    No actually, didn't know there was such a thing.
    Would you mind giving me instructions on how to do that please?
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    No actually, didn't know there was such a thing.
    Would you mind giving me instructions on how to do that please?

Sorry I wasn't on my computer for a few days. Compatibility mode usually works for old programs. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. In windows 7 you can right click the shortcut for a program and click properties then there should be a tab that says compatibility and you can either choose your own options or click a link for a setup system that walks you through what options.

Here's the instructions for windows 8 that i got off microsoft.
    Enter run programs in the search box.
    Tap or click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows, and then tap or click Next.
    Select the program you want to fix.
    – Or –
    If you don't see the program in the list, select Not Listed.
    Tap or click Next, and then follow the instructions in the troubleshooter.
    Thank you Felicity, I'll try that now and let you know if it works
    That worked perfectly, thanks a bunch!