Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help! - Disabled for Special Venues?

I have placed a lot onto a residential lot in Willow Creek and it marked it as generic. Now when I tried to change the lot type, it won;t let me select the drop down for venue type and a little message says disabled for special venues?

The lot is now useless to me. What do I do?
Awake.
Shake dreams from your hair
My pretty child, my sweet one.
Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
The day's divinity....
The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison

Comments

• Options
    SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    I've never seen this before, so I'm not sure. But are you able to delete the house on the lot via bulldoze lot, then change the lot type? Maybe try bulldozing the lot, then restarting the game, then try to change the lot type. If the issue remains you could try a 'repair game ' in origin. Sounds like a glitch, and the 'disabled for special venues' is supposed to be for lots like The Mansion in Windenburg, which we can't change the lot type.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    You have to roll back to a previous save or use a back up save. Sorry, but this is the only solution I've gotten so far.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited December 2015
    OK, I have done some research and this a very nasty bug. It needs killing with fire.

If this happens, then that lot is permanently bugged and forever unavailable - yep, forever.

Apparently this can happen if you place a lot directly from the gallery that is not the same as the destination lot type.

The only way to avoid it is to go into Build Mode first, change the lot type to the correct one and then place the lot from WITHIN build mode.

If it does happen and you have no earlier save then you are screwed.

Thank you MC Command Center for your autosave feature - I only lost 4 hours, otherwise I would have a lost days and days worth.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    You have to roll back to a previous save or use a back up save. Sorry, but this is the only solution I've gotten so far.

I just went back to a previous save. Thankfully it wasn't that old. I was just about to add a post with a link to your advice in another thread. I'll put it here anyway:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/865580/lot-stuck-on-generic-after-i-downloaded-a-a-lot-from-the-gallery/p1
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member

I just went back to a previous save. Thankfully it wasn't that old. I was just about to add a post with a link to your advice in another thread. I'll put it here anyway:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/865580/lot-stuck-on-generic-after-i-downloaded-a-a-lot-from-the-gallery/p1

Thank goodness you had a pretty new save. It happened to me too and I had to go back to a back up save. I hope they fix this bug soon. >.<
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

Thank goodness you had a pretty new save. It happened to me too and I had to go back to a back up save. I hope they fix this bug soon. >.<

It was MC Command Center that did the backup save automatically for me. I think if I had lost this save I would have wept.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    HamtysoningHamtysoning Posts: 12 New Member
    This happened to me recently, and I tried bulldozing, repairing, resetting my folder, downloading lots from the gallery, and nothing worked until I downloaded a Retail lot and placed it; for some reason that did the trick. I don't know if it would work for anyone else, but it might be worth a try if it happens again.
  • Options
    This happened to me recently, and I tried bulldozing, repairing, resetting my folder, downloading lots from the gallery, and nothing worked until I downloaded a Retail lot and placed it; for some reason that did the trick. I don't know if it would work for anyone else, but it might be worth a try if it happens again.

Ooo,I still have that save that was borked. I may try that when I get a mo'.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    DyrewitchDyrewitch Posts: 465 Member
    edited December 2015
    This happened to me around halloween, was trying to place Ivy's haunted house loved it but i threw a party and no one would ever leave so I tore the house down and they still wouldn't leave i couldn't change the venue on it on it no matter what. ended up have to delete the save.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    OMG is this bug still around? I thought it was fixed a long time ago. Darn it... I guess I'll have to go back to being careful about my lots placed.

Thanks @ModerateOsprey for the prevention steps. :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    I have started rotating my save games. I am not going through that horror again when I thought I'd lost 100s of hundreds of play. I'm still angry about it
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    FabuluusFabuluus Posts: 2 New Member
    I had this issue. I just uploaded my lot to my library, and then placed it on a different lot then went in and changed the type. Hope this helps :smiley:
  • Options
    peep24414peep24414 Posts: 1 New Member
    what i did was saved the lot to my liabary then i created a new lot as nightclub cause thats what i was building then once thats done upload the building that you saved to your liabary, thats what i did and it helped so yeah o:)
  • Options
    LexLennonLexLennon Posts: 134 Member
    Yeah, I had this problem happen to my Hogwarts school lot and had to have a sim purchase the lot as a Retail store and then sell it. That allowed me to edit the lot type like normal. Super strange bug.
  • Options
    TomSimsLoverTomSimsLover Posts: 2 New Member
    LexLennon wrote: »
    Yeah, I had this problem happen to my Hogwarts school lot and had to have a sim purchase the lot as a Retail store and then sell it. That allowed me to edit the lot type like normal. Super strange bug.

Omg you're a life saver Thank you so much :) you have helped me
  • Options
    MissyReneeMissyRenee Posts: 4 New Member
    My issue is a park in San Myshuno no matter what i put in the spot it won't let me change the type and it won't let my sims buy the lot anyone have any help they can give me
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    MissyRenee wrote: »
    My issue is a park in San Myshuno no matter what i put in the spot it won't let me change the type and it won't let my sims buy the lot anyone have any help they can give me

Hello @MissyRenee
    The Central Park lot is classified as a “special venue “. The lot type can’t be changed. It can only be changed by using a mod.Zerbu has created a mod that will enable this to occur,
  • Options
    MissyReneeMissyRenee Posts: 4 New Member
    I got the mod thank you for your help
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    edited February 2018
    Thank you for your insight @rosemow :) I'm glad @MissyRenee could get help with her issue.

I am going to close this thread now as it's been necro'd. Necroposting is against our forum rules and just something to be mindful of ^^ I'll pop the forum rule on necroing below but if you have questions surrounding necroposting please review this thread HERE and feel free to post in there.
    Don’ts
    Doing something on this list often can get you suspended, or sometimes even banned.
    Necropost. Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old.
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top