Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UPDATED 6/26 #BuildNewcrest Legacy Challenge!

Comments

• ShadyLady_DQShadyLady_DQ Posts: 476 Member
    Pallypoo wrote: »
    I have been trying this too. I am almost to 2nd gen. Just have to find a cowplant. It has been fun. I am looking forward to the next gen so I can build! lol, I got the build bug. Trying to wait for the patch though.

You can graft for the cow plant too! Also fishing is another way to find it.
    suzanna13 wrote: »
    @ShadyLady_DQ I love the idea of this challenge. It sounds really different from others and after watching your lets plays I am inspired to give it a try. Your lets plays are two of the best l have watched, so I hope to see more.

@EmmaLeen I think your sim is gorgeous. Is she on the gallery?

Thanks so much! I want to make more too, I am just too busy working literally 7 days a week! But hopefully I will have time to make more soon!
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    @EmmaLeen Thank you, I will look for her.

@ShadyLady_DQ Life does get in the way doesn't it. I have a question about the legacy challenge. If I understand correctly, the spouse can have any job and any aspiration. It is only the founder and heirs that are restricted. Is that right?
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I have never done a legacy challenge and this sounds fun.
    suzanna13 wrote: »
    @EmmaLeen Thank you, I will look for her.

@ShadyLady_DQ Life does get in the way doesn't it. I have a question about the legacy challenge. If I understand correctly, the spouse can have any job and any aspiration. It is only the founder and heirs that are restricted. Is that right?

That is absolutely correct. Sorry for the delayed response... life uh finds a way...
    Thank you and delay was not a problem. You would have to live on the forum to answer right away. :)
  • DoritoEvieDoritoEvie Posts: 1,887 Member
    @suzanna13
    I just remembered that my Origin-ID is "Jennuitte", not "EmmaLeen" - sorry for the mixup :)
    tumblr_nbwr2zn6951qhv4h7o8_250.giftumblr_mg2bcqeUgc1rthmb0o1_500.gif

@EmmaLeen Oh thank you! I kept trying all the ways I could think of to find her. I sometimes have trouble with the gallery then when I go back it will work. It wasn't helping that they have changed things again. I will go looking again later today. Thanks again. :)
  • gklechagklecha Posts: 37 Member
    This looks awesome! i find that i get bored when i dont have a story or purpose for my sims so this will be perfect :)
  • TS_DivaTS_Diva Posts: 477 Member
    Ugh..so I started this last night, and after the 5th day I left her alone for 2 minutes to go to the bathroom IRL. She was watering plants... I come back to a kitchen on fire with the grim reaper standing over her! (she was cooking level 3) **screams**

0iopxD.png
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    TS_Diva wrote: »
    Ugh..so I started this last night, and after the 5th day I left her alone for 2 minutes to go to the bathroom IRL. She was watering plants... I come back to a kitchen on fire with the grim reaper standing over her! (she was cooking level 3) **screams**

0iopxD.png

Oh dear... fire and legacies don't mix well, I've had some fire casualties of my own in my Build Newcrest challenge game.
  • TS_DivaTS_Diva Posts: 477 Member
    So, since this was the 1st generation, I have to start over again. No heirs...not even serious with anyone yet. At least it wasn't too far in yet to lose much. I did lose a night of work, however. Starting over again today. I don't think I'll trust her (using same Sim again) to be alone so early this time, however!
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    I finished my first generation. I took a bunch of pics to make a little story but it may be a while before I can get it done.(real life kids) My founder died the day after finishing the first gen requirements. I uploaded the park. I built three homes here for the cheap. The blue one is 50000 something, the other ones are close to 19000/20000. I didn't upload them because I used CC siding and windows. My sims moved to the blue one.
    My Park;
    07-14-15_5-34nbspPM-3_zpssv317qou.png

other homes for gen. 2.
    07-14-15_5-00nbspPM_zpsaxdswwr3.png

Having fun!!
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

Pretty park! I'm still waiting for my plant to evolve to perfect. I've never tried to build a park so I'm a bit anxious.
    Pallypoo wrote: »
    I finished my first generation. I took a bunch of pics to make a little story but it may be a while before I can get it done.(real life kids) My founder died the day after finishing the first gen requirements. I uploaded the park. I built three homes here for the cheap. The blue one is 50000 something, the other ones are close to 19000/20000. I didn't upload them because I used CC siding and windows. My sims moved to the blue one.
    My Park;
    07-14-15_5-34nbspPM-3_zpssv317qou.png

other homes for gen. 2.
    07-14-15_5-00nbspPM_zpsaxdswwr3.png

Having fun!!

I love your park and how it all matches, your Newcrest is shaping up nicely with all those pastel tones!
    edited July 2015
    Thank you, @suzanna13 and @ThePlumbob . I made it with weddings in mind so that each gen. can get married there.

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    If I had time for a challenge this would have been fun! Thanks for your posts everyone, I enjoyed reading them :smile:
  • sookieleesookielee Posts: 114 Member
    I have read through every challenge I've seen for sims 4 and this is the first one that has really peeked my interest. I have always been a builder and legacy style player, so this feels right up my alley. It is a big plus that I have actually not done the required aspirations for any of the 10 generations as yet, so it will all be new.
  • HrootbeerHrootbeer Posts: 261 Member
    I have just started this challenge. I have my first installment of the story on Wordpress. It's called Garden of Eden. I can't post the stupid link here. I've been a member for years and it won't let me :(
    Hrootbeer wrote: »
    I have just started this challenge. I have my first installment of the story on Wordpress. It's called Garden of Eden. I can't post the stupid link here. I've been a member for years and it won't let me :(

I think you just need 3 more points, you'll get that in no time. I'll have a look at your story once you can post links - I'm writing a story about my challenge too and would love to see other takes on the same challenge :)

I've just started with the generation 3 in gameplay, though the library won't come about for a long long time!
  • gklechagklecha Posts: 37 Member
    Somethings's going on with my sims game now and it wont get past the load screen to play live mode with the sims :( im not sure how to fix this but until then i cant play my legacy challenge.
    edited July 2015
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    Hrootbeer wrote: »

I think you just need 3 more points, you'll get that in no time. I'll have a look at your story once you can post links - I'm writing a story about my challenge too and would love to see other takes on the same challenge :)

I've just started with the generation 3 in gameplay, though the library won't come about for a long long time!

3 more points...bah...you'd think my sixth anniversary badge would earn me points :) Here's the link to my Garden of Eden blog

image2.jpg

Added a new update for my Garden of Eden challenge: "An Abundant Harvest"
    So.. I have made it to gen. 5. That is the farthest I have ever gotten with a legacy before. I think having a goal for each keeps me focused, lol.

leg-5-who_zpsq36rytiv.jpg

1-Eva Who
    2-(can't remember name lol)
    3-Ira Who
    4-(can't remember this name too, lol)
    5-Annika who

They all end in 'a'
    Can find the lots in the gallery #Whoville

Just popping in to say hi and I am still working on this challenge. I am stuck on 6, lol. For some reason this one is kinda boring. I keep taking a break form it and then coming back. The 6th gen sim is on his last requirement, just taking some time. Plus all the stuff in the house keeps breaking. I wasted all their money replacing stuff, lol.

Hoping to get it done soon so I can move on and make the museum.