Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Show Off Your Family Trees!

Comments

• Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    The first one is the founders genealogy and the 2nd one is the genealogy of the 4th generation heir. Glad we got family trees again!

zFyUilC.png

tx7rRo0.png
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    how did you guys take a picture of the family tree? Camera mode doesn't take it, and screenshot turns out blank :\
  • Options
    GillieGillie Posts: 1,708 Member
    Nice screenshots, everyone. This is a big improvement over the one EA phoned in for The Sims 3.

Now I just have to wait for Rflonglorious' family tree.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited February 2015
    LaAbby wrote: »
    how did you guys take a picture of the family tree? Camera mode doesn't take it, and screenshot turns out blank :\
    I use Fraps but you don't need to. Just use your print scrn button on your keyboard and paste it on paint.

@catloverplayer I'm pretty sure it means wife/husband. It shows up like that for my married couple.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member

I used print screen to get my screenshot.
  • Options
    TessaLee74TessaLee74 Posts: 278 Member

I used the snipping tool while in windowed mode.
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    No matter who I select, it doesn't shows everybody. Agnes Crumplebottom is part of the family, too, but she only appears if I select Cornelia, and then it doesn't show Bella's side of the family. Bella's brother has the same problem. I hope they eventually make it so that they appear too.

T14gAEM.png?1
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    Finally! I'm so happy with this update. XD
  • Options
    LuauauLuauau Posts: 64 Member
    24359p3.jpg

*grumbles about code* it's better than nothing though :persevere:
  • Options
    Chika6t9Chika6t9 Posts: 94 Member
    Badmagic wrote: »
    *sighs* My existing family, currently gens 5-6 was stored in the bin since it didn't make a difference before, doesn't seem to have carried over fully which I wouldn't really have expected it to have so not an oversight as such but an unfortunate reality, going to restart but, really wish I knew if there was more stuff to come in the next couple of days that could influence my decision before I start again.

tomorrow is the anniversary so you never know wheat could happen :)
  • Options
    SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    Oh yay. I'm glad they listened. Good for you all that have been wanting this back in the game.

I'm not playing TS4, but I know how much everyone missed family trees, so this makes me happy.

:)
  • Options
    Potatoab10Potatoab10 Posts: 21 Member
    I don't have a long family tree yet so I will wait to post but I just wanted to share how happy I am that family trees have returned. FAMILY TREES YEAH! I will post one soon :) All of your family trees look great
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Prntscreen doesn't work :s

I'm gonna try window mode.
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    Prntscreen doesn't work :s

I'm gonna try window mode.

Make sure after you prntscreen you are going into a program like paint (or photoshop or gimp or whatever you use) and pasting it.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

I used the snipping tool in Windows 7.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Here is mine
    1yalw7.jpg
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    familytree_zpsih5shddy.png

This is the family tree for a multi-generational baby challenge.

I noticed to see in-laws and such you have to click on the individual portraits, then you can see the husbands and wives. Same with the kids, they all have different fathers (some of them are twins and share a father). If I want to see the information with their father, I just click on their portrait.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    edited February 2015
    This is my current Legacy Family (last one kind of bored me to tears)
    308e51f.jpg

So the founders are Kyle and Carol Howe.

They have three daughters, the oldest Kendell (in the middle), the middle child, Katherine (Red Head) and last but not least the baby, KC (Far left)

34rdnx5.jpg

Katherine is married to Demetrius Burke. They have a daughter named Dana.

213qcle.jpg

Kendell is married to Rigoberto Cartwright (did NOT choose that name). They have triplets, Broderick (far left), Michael (middle) and Charlotte.

Hopefully this family tree will grow on and I hope they can make it an overview instead of having to go through all the sims for their family trees.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    I don't know. It's a lot cleaner but I'd like an option for the family tree like this and an expanded tree so I could choose to view one or the other.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    SimHead82SimHead82 Posts: 154 Member
    Here is my family tree for the Hackett family. I am playing first born son is the heir. They are all being named after my founder Max Hackett.
    I really wish if I was clicked on Max Hackett, my founder, it would show his children's spouses/baby mamas.

Here is Max's children. He married Liberty Lee (from the BFF household).
    iJzbawI.jpg?1

Max Hackett Jr. is my heir. He had a baby with Jordyn Delaney. She died of laughter (being hysterical). Their son Max Hackett III is the next heir.
    QOI8DXm.jpg?1

Sam Hackett is Max Hackett Jr.'s twin brother (born before they fixed that twin bug). He married his teen sweetheart, Kamila Kreutzinger. They have one son, Jefferson Hackett.
    YIoJT9X.jpg?1

And finally Dottie (Hackett) Delaney is the third child and only daughter. She married Jordyn Delaney's older brother, Carson Delaney. He died from old age shortly after their son Landon was born.
    YpBeqeN.jpg?1

I currently have them all living in one house together. I am thinking of moving Sam, Kamila, and Jefferson into their own home. Dottie might be getting romantic with Alexander Goth. If they get married, I think I will have to switch to a rotational playing all 3 houses and have Max Jr. and Dottie have some more kids. Sam and Kamila are more focused on their careers. I do want to keep the whole family in the same cemetery though.
    Origin ID: SimHead82
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I like the background too. :D My family that I started the game with never got very big. I waited for family trees.

16436759991_b888e8ac9b_c.jpg

What does the pink line mean?
  • Options
    xtinagaga97xtinagaga97 Posts: 600 Member
    edited February 2015
    Here is my long running family legacy that includes TS2, TS3, and now TS4!
    PavelLegacyAug2014_zpsace9a1d2.jpg
    xs_zpse0b9a386.png
    *The Elder is Samantha Pavel btw
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    SimGuruDanielSimGuruDaniel Posts: 220 SimGuru
    Really excited to see these, guys. Keep 'em coming!
  • Options
    musicislife416musicislife416 Posts: 159 Member
    Can't wait to get mine started!
    tumblr_ngzxfipZLO1u3tigco1_500.gif

• Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    Here is my long running family legacy that includes TS2, TS3, and now TS4!
    PavelLegacyAug2014_zpsace9a1d2.jpg
    xs_zpse0b9a386.png
    *The Elder is Samantha Pavel btw

Wow all the kids look so similar, that's amazing! Were they all born in game?
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg