Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

african american cc hair

Comments

• ForeverZoey3 ForeverZoey3 Posts: 39 New Member
    YESSS !!! I totally agree with you and there is so much versatility with our hair and I feel the sims has always lacked that. Even the "afros" included in the base game arent enough for me at least. I need better box braids, afro puffs, twist outs/ braid outs, or some bantu knot outs.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    Delco Webney has beautiful textured short hairstyles. There is also another thread about this topic with some great links.
  • MzB06MzB06 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited July 2015
    Bantu Knots

Triangular-Bantu-Knots-259x300.jpg
    enhanced-31451-1399047950-3.jpg
    65645_1207105771194_full.jpg

20001384_8968_1024x2000.jpg

Who did this???? :D Found it on Google.
  • I'SimshaI'Simsha Posts: 110 Member
    I just feel as if the sims should have more ethnic/african american hairstyles just more diversity period because there are more then just white or asain simmers everyone loves the sims so it should have something for everyone
    Love is Love no matter what shape form or size

READ MY STORY AT:http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/845502/this-is-life?new=1
  • John_SalonicaJohn_Salonica Posts: 353 Member
    emilyduru wrote: »
    @John_Salonica Listen I wasn't trying to be rude but I really do think on this whole topic you've been misinformed. You say there is a lot of black hair in the game and yet I find myself using the same three over and over again. I'm not asking for some ridiculous priced EP that contains more but rather the base game itself (as that is what many people actually have) to contain them (via update). Now lastly in regards to the whole Greek thing, yes greeks can be black. Of course like anywhere blacks are a minority but yes they do exist. If a first gen African came to Greece and had 8 more Gen's there would we not consider their children Greek? If on their birth certificate it says they're Greek then they are Greek :wink:

First of all I said 100% greeks not illegal immigrants or immigrants africans. Secondly , I dont know your thoughts in america, but here in Europe we are countries, and the word country is the most sacred word. I also want to say that you are right. Using the filter afro texture I realised that they are not many afro hairstyles and most of them are ugly and there are many beautiful afro , braids hairstyles so finally agree that EA must add more afro and curly hairstyles in the game!! Last but not least , be proud that you are black like Im proud Im greek! Also I want to say you that straight hair is not white people hair only but it can be black people hair or even green people hair ( you know sims 4 skintones xD )

xyIcMqt.png
  • WormMommyWormMommy Posts: 124 Member
    edited July 2015
    If I recall correctly, there were some pretty good styles in TS2 University, there were bantu knots and locs for men AND women along with some others. I guess too much expectation for TS4 or something. But I've been waiting for new hairstyles since almost a year ago. I've given up. Also, not to be insulting but some of the CCs I've seen on the gallery of "black hair" have made me shudder....and not in a good way.

Also, if they can give us locked doors and half walls, both things I was really shocked to find weren't in GTW, then why not different afro hairs?
    I sim. Therefore, I am.
  • sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    They have just slacked completely on sims 4 by simplifying everything so much that it took so much away from gameplay.. not only black adults male and female need more styles to choose from, but the.kids need more.i often wonder if the sims 4 was made In China how.much better the game would have been. I feel like the devs are either fresh out of computer gaming shool and not one of them played any sims games period..
  • Tris93Tris93 Posts: 57 Member
    I agree there should be way more diverse hairstyles
  • naetooturntnaetooturnt Posts: 17 Member
    I would pay for more curly hairstyles. My hair is mixed (mexican and black) and its super curly, yes I straighten it from time to time, but the majority its curly. I would love more curly hairstyles. CURLS ARE BEAUTIFUL.
  • Emma-LeeXOXOEmma-LeeXOXO Posts: 549 Member
    I found this on tumblr, I know the cornrows get a little repetitive but these are nice!!

http://bebebrillit.tumblr.com/post/110167114615/braids-n-dreads-retexture-a-feuw-retextures-i
    sMggKkh.png

• sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    I found this on tumblr, I know the cornrows get a little repetitive but these are nice!!

http://bebebrillit.tumblr.com/post/110167114615/braids-n-dreads-retexture-a-feuw-retextures-i
    thank you this is the link i have been looking for

• nhaggsnhaggs Posts: 20 New Member
    I wish that they would have more of a variety of hair as well. I am black and while I don't have an afro I have very curly hair and my husband is white with medium curly hair. I am unable to make either of us look like ourselves. I would love to see a lot more curly and textured hairstyles. I actually enjoy using many of the straight hairstyles but it makes very annoyed that I can't make myself and my husband (the main people I want to create accurately). I don't really think it's an issue of racism that the developers have not made more varieties in hair I honestly think it's a laziness issue. They don't want to make it because it more time consuming. The developers rely of us to make our own cc, which is very rude of them. If feel like so many people are not being represented not just black people. Also why is there so little hair and clothes for children!!!
  • JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    i am having a issue with that lack of nice black hair styles in the game.. and the fact that i cant even find cc black hair out there.. i would like ea to know that black people actually play your game too.. add more hair styles for black people!!

Yea more options would be nice, Hopefully if a tropical, or urban city ep comes out there will be more choices.
  • EiszimmerEiszimmer Posts: 969 Member
    I'm working on converting some from the Sims 3 which I plan to upload sometime soon-ish to my to-be Simblr. In my Game of Thrones game Missandei needed some hair that was fitting to her, so that is my motivation and I hope that other Simmers will enjoy them.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    i am having a issue with that lack of nice black hair styles in the game.. and the fact that i cant even find cc black hair out there.. i would like ea to know that black people actually play your game too.. add more hair styles for black people!!

I agree I would like to see curly permy long hair for black female sims. I'm hoping we'll get some but there is one that came with the base game I love.

This sim Lily who I downloaded looks great in this hair.
    lilly2.jpg~original
    lovlyb wrote: »

I feel you on this, I thought I was alone and it isnt any nice black hair style in game or cc. I think they too need to make more black hair and that arfo is ugly and dont look right thats in the game.

They had the same issue in TS3.
    This is what we need for TS4
    4c034b77f8474cec950262595d20bfd1.jpg

And This
    short_curly_hairstyles_for_black_woman.jpg
    Now this new turban from spa day looks good on black female sims
    07-14-15_5-37nbspPM-3.png~original

07-14-15_8-02nbspPM.png~original

07-14-15_6-39nbspPM-2.png~original

This basegame hair also looks good on black female sims
    07-14-15_6-33nbspPM-2.png~original

• EiszimmerEiszimmer Posts: 969 Member
    Fairly soon, as I have about six conversions from the Sims 3 done -- I will post the African American hairstyles. I am going to make a big post on Tumblr for them, as well as another one for Medieval European conversions, Japanese, Chinese Korean and other Northeast Asian conversions, Indian (the country) conversions,and a lot of themes and styles from many cultures and nationalities. I like to help other Simmers, so I hope this all works out. I have been converting every Afro and every set of cornrows and dreads that no one else had yet converted from the Sims 3 -- AS WELL as re-texturing a lot of other hair styles that would look great with tight curls. I just began learning how to convert this past week but it is fun and easy and I want the people who requested such hair styles to be happy.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    They have Braids, Shaved Hair and an Afro. Are there other hairstyles you're thinking of?
    I do not think I seen any cornrolls which is a variation of braiding.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Emma-LeeXOXOEmma-LeeXOXO Posts: 549 Member
    edited August 2015
    Eiszimmer wrote: »
    Fairly soon, as I have about six conversions from the Sims 3 done -- I will post the African American hairstyles. I am going to make a big post on Tumblr for them, as well as another one for Medieval European conversions, Japanese, Chinese Korean and other Northeast Asian conversions, Indian (the country) conversions,and a lot of themes and styles from many cultures and nationalities. I like to help other Simmers, so I hope this all works out. I have been converting every Afro and every set of cornrows and dreads that no one else had yet converted from the Sims 3 -- AS WELL as re-texturing a lot of other hair styles that would look great with tight curls. I just began learning how to convert this past week but it is fun and easy and I want the people who requested such hair styles to be happy.

@Eiszimmer Thanks really appreciate it if you posted it here. I'm sure the whole community would benefit
    sMggKkh.png

edited August 2015
    Looks like in the new EP they added "one" new individual braided hair style. :|
  • dachshundsr4medachshundsr4me Posts: 208 Member
    new_zpsuasabsri.jpg
    Dachs Nightcrawler's Sparks Dreaded Deeds

A new ethnic hair i just finished up...
  • JubbYOJubbYO Posts: 34 Member
    emilyduru wrote: »
    @John_Salonica Listen I wasn't trying to be rude but I really do think on this whole topic you've been misinformed. You say there is a lot of black hair in the game and yet I find myself using the same three over and over again. I'm not asking for some ridiculous priced EP that contains more but rather the base game itself (as that is what many people actually have) to contain them (via update). Now lastly in regards to the whole Greek thing, yes greeks can be black. Of course like anywhere blacks are a minority but yes they do exist. If a first gen African came to Greece and had 8 more Gen's there would we not consider their children Greek? If on their birth certificate it says they're Greek then they are Greek :wink:

First of all I said 100% greeks not illegal immigrants or immigrants africans. Secondly , I dont know your thoughts in america, but here in Europe we are countries, and the word country is the most sacred word. I also want to say that you are right. Using the filter afro texture I realised that they are not many afro hairstyles and most of them are ugly and there are many beautiful afro , braids hairstyles so finally agree that EA must add more afro and curly hairstyles in the game!! Last but not least , be proud that you are black like Im proud Im greek! Also I want to say you that straight hair is not white people hair only but it can be black people hair or even green people hair ( you know sims 4 skintones xD )

John Salonica, since your country is 100% white, why are you even on this thread? Weird. This thread is about African-American hair. This has to be the furthest thing from your mind.

Also, aren't a lot of Greeks curly-haired?

Please Grexit from the thread. lol Your opinion on this topic matters just as much as Greek's opinions matters to German banks. Work hard and stay out of debt.