Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cheat to Fix Spoon Stuck in Hand?

Isn't there a cheat you can type in to fix this glitch? "Reset Sim" I think, but I can't remember exactly how it's supposed to be typed. Help!

Comments

• Options
    moongodessmoongodess Posts: 1,550 Member
    resetsim firstname lastname
    or just travel to another lot
  • Options
    sholtxsholtx Posts: 832 Member
    Any loading screen will fix that.
    beXSQcW.jpg
  • Options
    blaznfalcnblaznfalcn Posts: 731 Member
    Had this happen be4. What I did to fix it was using the cheat"cas.fulleditmode". I tried the resetsim, but it never worked for me.
    "Laziness is a state of mind, not necessarily a lack of action"
    ZY6USJj.gif
  • Options
    SlyStarDustSlyStarDust Posts: 341 Member
    Traveling or changing appearance in the mirror work too.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Even more annoying than the spoon is the big dialogue-emotion-notification at the top of the screen - it stays often much longer than the conversation.
  • Options
    becstar09becstar09 Posts: 174 Member
    I had that the other night while playing one of my sims kids. He walked over to the bassinet that arrived a couple of minutes prior and with the glitch it looked like he was stabbing the baby. lol

No matter, the babies don't last long in my games anyway :p
  • Options
    JSitala_28JSitala_28 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Before I open Sims 4 I have learned it is best to go to the Origin site, My Games, right-click on Sims 4 and choose the Repair Game option. I've learned that whatever glitch fixes EA has done will automatically be applied when you do this. It seems a good thing to do before playing Sims 4

• Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    I thought resetsim was supposed to fix this sort of thing! I got hit with a different bug and am trying to test what triggered that, so I don't want to send my guy to another lot to get rid of his fork friend at the moment....

Oh this game was delighting me so much until today! Now it's being all irritating and glitchy :#
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    I find using the dresser to 'plan outfit' fixes it.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    enkeli63 wrote: »
    I thought resetsim was supposed to fix this sort of thing! I got hit with a different bug and am trying to test what triggered that, so I don't want to send my guy to another lot to get rid of his fork friend at the moment....

Oh this game was delighting me so much until today! Now it's being all irritating and glitchy :#

Just make a copy of the game save files, fix one to play and one to test the game bug. Resetting doesn't seem in this game to be as effective as going to a new lot, my take resetting is not fully recreating the sim, changing lots and it sounds like changing in CAS does as well.
  • Options
    NaydiNaydi Posts: 387 Member
    I just returned them to eating. They only stopped because I told them the baby was crying.
    This I do for the fun of it.
    • My Sims 4 Blog with Custom Content and Commentary is at Celynoir
    • Get my Custom Content at The Sims 4 Noir and Mod the Sims.
    • More downloads, houses and Sims, are available in the Gallery, under Naydi33.
  • Options
    MadarasQueenMadarasQueen Posts: 544 Member
    eh I sent my sim traveling and the fork was gone XD because the reset sim I tried didn't seem to work...at the time, maybe it's fixed don't know but I know traveling just to a lot mine was gone :P
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    Ah, thankfully my guy got rid of his fork while he was at work, even though I didn't make a loading screen happen. Sadly my aging bug persists (sims aging despite aging turned off for all sims, very upsetting).
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    conundrum_dragonconundrum_dragon Posts: 794 Member
    had a sim get her cell phone stuck in her hand, was rather funny when she ate with it. But have also had one get the bowl of food stuck in there hand, he would hold out his empty hand and eat with the bowl of food. Went to another lot and it went away.