Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pregnancy/Labor Emotions?

For anyone who has the game...Are the spouses and kids still emotionless to the mother being in labor and having the baby? (when having the baby at home)
angrycat.gif

Comments

• BrandiBugBrandiBug Posts: 1,313 Member
    The dad can do a "pre-labor reaction" which is similar to past games where he's all "OMG" lol I don't remember about kids because she always wakes up due to labor (so only dad sees the beginning of labor)
    giphy.gif
  • Summerbear5Summerbear5 Posts: 643 Member
    So after the labor reaction when she actual goes to give birth does he walk around doing his normal interactions in oblivion?
    angrycat.gif
    It's not due to being oblivious, in my opinion. I think if I were to have a home birth, I wouldn't want my husband spazzing like in TS3. It wouldn't help, in fact it would make me MORE tense. So him talking to her, massaging her and trying to keep her happy and distracted is better than freaking out until she either pops or you take her to the hospital.
    giphy.gif
  • blam987blam987 Posts: 462 Member
    Sadly.... My sims is always alone when in labor 🐸🐸🐸🐸 her husband is always at work T_T
    oa8abb.gif
    I just know there was a lot of negativity on the one clip from SimVIP showing the husband being totally oblivious to the wife in labor and people assumed his freewill was off.
    I agree he shouldn't be running around freaking out for 3 sim hours but does he massage her and comfort her on his own or by instruction?
    angrycat.gif
    *poke*
    angrycat.gif
  • take0nmetake0nme Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited September 2014
    I don't know, my sim is going to go into labor soon and I'll test it out to see what she he/hubby does and let you know! :)
    DyFJE8G.jpg
    The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gallery ID : sharipants
    Ok can't wait to hear what happens.
    angrycat.gif
  • cheyh719cheyh719 Posts: 251 Member
    My sim had her first child and it said she was in labor...so she woke up and the dad didnt freak out but screamed a little and had the pre labor moodlet. I did like that fact though that while she was in labor she didnt scream the whole time and just stand in one spot. I actually had the father give her a massage and then she had the uncomfortable moodlet from being in labor so i actually had her take a bath and she became happy. I dont know if it was just out of luck the mood changed or if it was setup like that but i really enjoy the new labor aspect of sims 4 compared to all the screaming in sims 3! haha
    Thank you Chey
    angrycat.gif
  • simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    How long was she in labour for?
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

edited September 2014
    @simlish1 I read somewhere it can be anywhere from 2-5 hours. It's random for every sim just like day of pregnancy can be random from 3-5 days.
    angrycat.gif
    edited September 2014
    5wgr4j.png
    Third trimester..Its time!

Ready to see this demon baby everyone is talking about lol.

it doesn't show in the screen cap but my sim was definitely thinking about cake. lol
    DyFJE8G.jpg

• kayla1686kayla1686 Posts: 1,697 Member
    take0nme wrote: »

it doesn't show in the screen cap but my sim was definitely thinking about cake. lol
    The nursery items look super cute!
    kayla1686 wrote: »
    take0nme wrote: »

The nursery items look super cute!

You will love how easy it is too to build any type of room. I just used a premade nursery, plopped it right in my home in seconds.
    DyFJE8G.jpg

@take0nme Oh my your sim is really pretty. The nursery is really cute too I love it.
    angrycat.gif
  • renzillarenzilla Posts: 725 Member
    edited September 2014
    One of my pregnant Sim's husband got the "Pre-labor" Moodlet as well. He wasn't jumping and freaking out around her like in TS3, but his walk, expression and actions (he went to get himself some food while he had the moodlet and he slammed the fridge, it was so funny to me) all changed—he seemed really frantic! I loved it!
    Post edited by renzilla on
    @take0nme Oh my your sim is really pretty. The nursery is really cute too I love it.

Well thank you she's my selfsim heh.

As I promised my sim FINALLY went into labor, much like was already mentioned she just walked around the house during labor, chatted with hubby, he rubbed her back a couple of times and made her laugh to keep her mind off the pain. Once the baby was ready to come out she scooted on into the nursery and delivered a little boy named Nikolas.

She cuddled him then had to run off to work apparently right after birth..lol so Dad swooped on in and grabbed a snuggle. I thought it was sweet! I love that she could do other things while in labor, its more realistic.

Hate that I can't change the baby's clothes...or put hair on it.. the babies are a bit of a disappointment in general though.

Screen grabs for the cute factor!

voadxu.png

2zsd2qe.png

I initially thought you werent able to feel the pregnany bellies but it must have not been big enough when I tried before, he's making sure everything feels right before baby comes.

28akupk.png

He's here..and way darker than mom and dad..lol I bet he'll be a much cuter kid though. :)

347eecl.png
    iyd5hf.png

Surprisingly Daddy didn't question why his baby's skin is so dark. LOL must have baked a little extra?

htiw5l.png

3128emb.png

Introducing my first 'demon baby' Nikolas Ping

2liig3o.png
    25pny21.png
    DyFJE8G.jpg

• solarfairy77solarfairy77 Posts: 265 Member
    Why are the babies being called demons?
    Why are the babies being called demons?

I guess some are coming out looking like glitched monsters, I got lucky but I wanted to be funny and call him a demon baby too xD.
    DyFJE8G.jpg

• solarfairy77solarfairy77 Posts: 265 Member
    ah I see, and I thought those kind of things were only caused by bad custom content...lol
  • trashbinsouvenirtrashbinsouvenir Posts: 412 Member
    Apparently a lot of people are having it happen to them, in a vanilla game. I've heard it could be a video card issue.

After the "demon baby" stage, my question is do they turn into normal looking children? I sure hope!!
    Simply,
    Brittany (bwillisucf)

Zpj9msL.png
    I'm wondering if the genetics are a bit off if two light skintoned sims are producing a dark skintoned baby? That is just like pinstar's family when he went to creators camp. Both mother and father had black hair but the daughter was born with blonde hair. Seems odd.
    angrycat.gif
  • cheyh719cheyh719 Posts: 251 Member
    > @trashbinsouvenir said:
    > Apparently a lot of people are having it happen to them, in a vanilla game. I've heard it could be a video card issue.
    >
    > After the "demon baby" stage, my question is do they turn into normal looking children? I sure hope!!

yupp! they look like normal children. But when there a baby there that ugly creepy spider like baby and they float to the bottom of their bassinet :/ I usually aged the baby up after a few minutes because i cant take how bad they look haha
    I've had 8 babies in my legacy and none were demons lol. Wonder what makes me special.
    giphy.gif