Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HELP! Supernatural Won't Uninstall!!

I uninstalled all my Sims 3 games, and re-installed them. Except Supernatural won't uninstall! When I go to Programs and Features I click on Supernatural and select uninstall. It then pulls up the uninstall guide, and then it says that is was successfully uninstalled. But it's still there! I have uninstalled it at least 10 times and it won't go away. I've tried everything. The Sims 3 launcher says that it's gone, I have no files for Supernatural but it's still in Programs and Features. I tried to put my disk in and install it again but it brings up the uninstall guide, and uninstalls it. It won't go away, but I can't play it because the launcher says that I don't have it! PLEASE HELP! :cry:

Comments

• NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hi,

It sounds like you will need to manually delete whatever the setup uninstaller has left behind. For instructions on doing a manual uninstall of Supernatural please refer to the following EA Support article:

How do I manually uninstall The Sims 3: Supernatural?
    https://help.ea.com/article/the-sims-3-supernatural-manual-uninstall

Please note that you may require Administrative access to perform the manual deletion of game files or registries. If issues persist with manual deletion, it is advised that you boot Windows in Safe Mode before trying again.

In addition, delete all files and folders located in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, though you may wish to back up your Downloads and Saves folder to a safe location first.
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • TrinTranny001TrinTranny001 Posts: 5
    edited June 2014
    I have done all of those things and none of them worked. I can't manually delete it because there are no Supernatural files to delete. It's only located in Programs and Features.
  • ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited June 2014
    Try using a program called Revo Uninstaller

http://www.revouninstaller.com/

It has a free version which will help you. I actually bought it, 'cause it's one of the few programs that is absolutely awesome.

One other thing, sometimes when you get a stubborn uninstall, you may have to reinstall the program and then uninstall it. I know it's installed but you need to reinstall over it and then try to uninstall it again.

edited June 2014
    Thanks I tried it and it didn't work, it's still there. And I can't install it because my computer thinks it's still installed. It will only let me uninstall.
    edited June 2014
    Actually I just got it to work! Thank you soooo much!!! :D:D:D
  • anactualdemonanactualdemon Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello, I have this problem and I was wondering how you fixed it in the end. Thanks
  • PopcornfrenzyPopcornfrenzy Posts: 1 New Member
    Help! How did you get it to work when it keeps saying uninstall i cant uninstall mine :(