Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Isla Escudo: A Caribbean paradise for your Sims *RELEASED*

Comments

• Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited March 2014
    I'm dying over how much better this looks with the ini files changed! :XD: I've also added a series of small islands close to the main one. These have empty lots save a few beaches and a festival lot. (I hope that is not lazy). There are so few empty lots that it bothered me. With these, I think there are about 10, which is plenty. I'll probably add to them in a later version of the world, but, I'm just trying to get a beta out quickly. Speaking of which, I'm going to need beta testers. I don't want to make it an open beta. Also, if somebody in the beta could make a covershot, that would be ultra helpful. I don't have any photo editing software besides paint, and I'm not talented with image editing anyway.

Screenshot-335_zps8562a98f.jpg

Screenshot-336_zpsabcbd143.jpg
  • Options
    NicoleWasHereNicoleWasHere Posts: 36 New Member
    edited March 2014
    I'll gladly test it for you :)
  • Options
    DijanaMenatasDijanaMenatas Posts: 624 Member
    edited March 2014
    I would be happy to test it :)

It does look much nicer with the different ini files (I never liked the default ones in any world)

What do you mean a covershot? I have photoshop and could help out maybe.
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited March 2014
    I would be glad to help you beta test if you need me. This world looks gorgeous and I'm looking forward to checking it out. :-)
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I would be happy to test it :)

It does look much nicer with the different ini files (I never liked the default ones in any world)

What do you mean a covershot? I have photoshop and could help out maybe.

The covershot is the picture that shows up on the exchange. And the covershot is expecially important in worlds, because there is only one picture that can show up on the exchange. (I personally think there should be an album :XD: )

I think I'm going to allow up to 10 beta testers. So, get your reply in quickly! It's going to be a little while before I get the test out.
  • Options
    WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    edited March 2014
    I would love to beta test. I've been following this world forever. And I'd be glad to make a cover for it as well if you still need someone.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    edited March 2014
    *Update 3/24/14*

I've brought the world in for testing, and I've also started on the dive lots. The first one of 7 is done! :D I may leave one or two empty before release and just test them thoroughly myself. Here are some pictures from testing and Underwater. This dive lot is right behind the city hall. It requires scuba level 1 to enter, and it has some treasure. The theme is a kelp forest, and it's primary purpose is a place for Mermaids to get their kelp since it's close to town. :D

Screenshot-356_zps303cc7bf.jpg

Screenshot-354_zps793489c2.jpg

Screenshot-355_zpsfc9db06a.jpg

Screenshot-350_zps216207fb.jpg

Screenshot-345_zpsdb07b79f.jpg

Screenshot-347_zps0830ef29.jpg

Screenshot-340_zps1aae47b2.jpg

Screenshot-349_zps0e77a88e.jpg

Screenshot-337_zps9f182193.jpg

Screenshot-351_zps85d10793.jpg

Screenshot-343_zps1b448313.jpg

It looks especially pretty at the end of a rain storm. It gets a pinkish, white glow! :D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Beautiful!! :D
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Maybe it will finally be time for me to try a mermaid. My sim had a mer-baby in IP, but I couldnt figure out how to harvest the kelp...either it was glitched for me and I couldnt click it, or I was dumb and it could only be harvested by mermaids anyway.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Maybe it will finally be time for me to try a mermaid. My sim had a mer-baby in IP, but I couldnt figure out how to harvest the kelp...either it was glitched for me and I couldnt click it, or I was dumb and it could only be harvested by mermaids anyway.

I love mermaids. I haven't tested the world with a mermaid yet though. The problem is that they don't ever use the boat, even if it's a long travel, so it takes a long time for them to travel in archipelago worlds such as this one.

I've just finished my second dive lot. It's a shipwreck. Next two will be Atlantis ruins, and mermaid city. I'm running out of ideas though, I still need three more dive lots. Anybody have and withstanding ideas that they would like to request?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    If you had a mermaid own a boat and specifically told it to use the boat, it would use it wouldnt it? Or have it live with someone with a boat and go together, Im not sure O_o

I did a quick dive lot in a world I was playing the other day and tried to find a lot of glowy things, or colour themes. I did it mainly blue and purple, that could be an idea.

Or maybe a specific sunken ruin, like a sunken town square with ruined buildings/pillars around the edges and something striking and noticeable like a large statue or tree right in the centre, with various bits of underwater plantlife scattered about.

Edit: Oh another idea, if you use supernatural could do a submerged area specific to one of those lifestates, like a witches circle or vampire lair that somehow ended up underwater
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Maybe a dive lot with alien fauna?
  • Options
    JodiRebbyJodiRebby Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited March 2014

Hmm ... interesting.

I actually think the world looks so much more beautiful with the Ini files from before; I guess I'm the oddball here. :lol: It is also beautiful with the Ini files from IP. And then, with the pictures after the first two, I think Isla Escudo looks much more beautiful with the IP Ini files :lol: so I'm on the fence. :mrgreen: :XD: Your work is stunning and drool-worthy as always! :thumbup:

It's a great idea to have some empty rooms for players and I'm loving all your ideas for the world especially the dive lots! I'm so excited now! :D

Ideas for dive lots? An underwater temple/city/dungeon or a shipwreck? Those are what I can think of right off the bat. ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    JodiRebby wrote:
    Hmm ... interesting.

I actually think the world looks so much more beautiful with the Ini files from before; I guess I'm the oddball here. :lol: It is also beautiful with the Ini files from IP. And then, with the pictures after the first two, I think Isla Escudo looks much more beautiful with the IP Ini files :lol: so I'm on the fence. :mrgreen: :XD: Your work is stunning and drool-worthy as always! :thumbup:

It's a great idea to have some empty rooms for players and I'm loving all your ideas for the world especially the dive lots! I'm so excited now! :D

Ideas for dive lots? An underwater temple/city/dungeon or a shipwreck? Those are what I can think of right off the bat. ;)

I think if you could truly have seen the world with the base game ini files, your opinion would change. The water look horrendous from above. The base game water is good for worlds that aren't centered around water like a mountain world, but it just looks stupid elsewhere. Plus, the IP ini files give the world an ambiance that is just unbelievable. It completely changes the experience to where you feel like you are really playing in a Caribbean paradise. :XD: I'm sorry you're on the fence about it.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

No no, ah don't be sorry! :mrgreen: :XD: It's just my opinion and thoughts hehehaha

For the Ini files, I trust your aesthetic sense fully - everything you have ever done is just perfect. :thumbup: Sounds like the IP Ini files are the way to go. :lol:

Yeah maybe it's hard to tell from the pictures but even with just the pictures, the world ended up looking spectacular with both files (not at first for the IP ini files but for the later pics; they're spectacularly beautiful then, as opposed to beautiful but not spectacular LOL!).

P.S It is your world and it goes without saying, that you can do whatever you want. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2014

And ... *kicks self* :o :P ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    JodiRebby wrote:
    No no, ah don't be sorry! :mrgreen: :XD: It's just my opinion and thoughts hehehaha

For the Ini files, I trust your aesthetic sense fully - everything you have ever done is just perfect. :thumbup: Sounds like the IP Ini files are the way to go. :lol:

Yeah maybe it's hard to tell from the pictures but even with just the pictures, the world ended up looking spectacular with both files (not at first for the IP ini files but for the later pics; they're spectacularly beautiful then, as opposed to beautiful but not spectacular LOL!).

P.S It is your world and it goes without saying, that you can do whatever you want. :)

I didn't mean to make you feel bad :oops: I just want you to have the best experience with my world, and I can tell you that I think the IP files are the way to go. Your are completely at liberty to change them back though. All you need is Sims 3 package editor and the original ini files. :XD: I must warn you though, I can understand why you prefer the base ones, but the underwater lots are made to fit the specific water color. I don't know what they look like without the color.

Oh and P.S. I've finished the mermaid city and it AMAZING! So colorful, I'm so proud of it. It requires a level 10 diving skill, and has tons of treasure. Plus, the streets are patrolled by Sharks. :twisted: No pictures. I have to leave SOME things to be discovered once you download the world.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Hmmm... I hope somebody around here can answer this question. I was beginning to place spawners in CAW. (we're in the homestretch people!) when I saw these things called world event spawners. I tried looking them up, but couldn't find anything. They were just numbered, so they didn't give any descriptions. Could somebody tell me what these are?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Sounds like they are for things relating to the ITF futures- rifts, dew flowers etc
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Sounds like they are for things relating to the ITF futures- rifts, dew flowers etc

That's kinda what I figured.

*BETA RELEASE INFORMATION*

I've finished with spawners in CAW around 300 in total. More than the ammount in Sunset Valley, but I wanted this world to be very rich, and I haven't encountered any performance issues yet. I still need to do the minor pets in EIG, but that'll just be another twenty-ish spawners.

I'm setting a deadline for myself. I'm going to release a beta by Friday come hell or high water. No matter what I have finished. I can tell you already that the dive lots will not be finished, nor will the private islands.

And those of you who volunteered to do a lot... time's running out. :XD:

This is my first ever world release so please oh please bear with me. The beta will only be available for a certain ammount of time so make sure you either copy the link or download the World before next Monday!

WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO DOWNLOAD THIS WORLD-
    All EP's are used in some way except ITF, however the ones that are used heavily are Ambitions, World Adventures, Supernatural, Island Paradise (this one is absolutely necessary), Late Night, and University.
    I don't know if seasons is necessary. All I used were a few objects and the wildflower spawners.
    You could live without University Life or Ambitions to an extent. Showtime was used, but just for the decorations.
    I stayed away from Stuff Packs, but an occasional item from Town Life, or Master Suite may pop up.
    I used content from Dragon Valley, Barnacle Bay, and Riverview
    Monte Vista is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY You cannot download this world without it.
    miscellaneous store content is sporadic yet not necessary. I'll come up with a list of recommended objects around launch date.

Screenshot-358_zps3581f0db.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    niac1234 wrote:
    JodiRebby wrote:

I didn't mean to make you feel bad :oops: I just want you to have the best experience with my world, and I can tell you that I think the IP files are the way to go. Your are completely at liberty to change them back though. All you need is Sims 3 package editor and the original ini files. :XD: I must warn you though, I can understand why you prefer the base ones, but the underwater lots are made to fit the specific water color. I don't know what they look like without the color.

Oh and P.S. I've finished the mermaid city and it AMAZING! So colorful, I'm so proud of it. It requires a level 10 diving skill, and has tons of treasure. Plus, the streets are patrolled by Sharks. :twisted: No pictures. I have to leave SOME things to be discovered once you download the world.

What?! :lol: I'm not feeling bad (blushing maybe xD) :lol: If anything, I'm worried that you'll feel bad. :P :lol:

Nah, I'm going to stick to your vision for the world. xDD

Oh boy this is exciting! Mermaid city! *dies* :lol:
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    omg so exciteddd ;-;
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Excited!

Also do you actually need to put in minor pet spawners? I thought they could spawn from all other spawners, or at least the seed ones.

Also- still totally down if you need a tester. I have all that content and even a fresh sims 3 folder without mods/cc that I switch to when I need caw :p

Mostly excited for those dive lots. Not sure why the ones in IP are so buggy cause when I've whipped up my own I've never had stuck/resetting sim issues so I'd like to see others.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Excited!

Also do you actually need to put in minor pet spawners? I thought they could spawn from all other spawners, or at least the seed ones.

Also- still totally down if you need a tester. I have all that content and even a fresh sims 3 folder without mods/cc that I switch to when I need caw :p

Mostly excited for those dive lots. Not sure why the ones in IP are so buggy cause when I've whipped up my own I've never had stuck/resetting sim issues so I'd like to see others.

:lol: I'm glad you're so excited! I have not tested the dive lots at all yet so I don't know about any bugs. I'm sure they are numerous, so please don't be upset when you do encounter them. I will try my best to fix them. :XD:

working on the festival lot now.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I'm having an issue with a starter I've just finished. I completed it, but when I went into town view, it showed up like this...

Screenshot-367_zps27d4d4a9.jpg

All of the terrain paint was gone. Can somebody tell me what this is?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top