Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Isla Escudo: A Caribbean paradise for your Sims *RELEASED*

1789101113...Next

Comments

• azsimmer1azsimmer1 Posts: 492 Member
    edited July 2014
    I downloaded this world because I was looking for exactly this type of hood.. It has the very flavor I was looking for.. My Sims can move into the place.. but the last time I played there weren't any mailman, newspaper, etc.. and the hood doesn't close out.. It does save, but I have to shut the game down manually.. Is there something I can do to make this work for me..

I redownloaded the world and reinstalled.. put in new people to try again..

did resetSim * incase something was hung up. any ideas of the way to fix this?
  • DijanaMenatasDijanaMenatas Posts: 624 Member
    edited July 2014
    azsimmer1 wrote:
    I downloaded this world because I was looking for exactly this type of hood.. It has the very flavor I was looking for.. My Sims can move into the place.. but the last time I played there weren't any mailman, newspaper, etc.. and the hood doesn't close out.. It does save, but I have to shut the game down manually.. Is there something I can do to make this work for me..

The mailman and newspaper might be because there's no roads. I know the newspaper kid at least rides around on a bike but obviously cant do that here.
  • fozzybear98fozzybear98 Posts: 110 Member
    edited July 2014
    azsimmer1 wrote:

I'm having the same issues. There are no Service People showing up. I figured this out after having a Sim couple try to call for an adoption. The adoption agency person never showed up. It's been several days now. I can't call again either. No newspaper, no mail. Also, there was no fire station. I added it, but it only works for my Sim that is a firefighter. I don't know what will happen if a real fire breaks out.

I have some stray animals (dogs and cats) that are all stuck in the exact same spot in the public garden area. I have tried to resetsim * on it and nothing. I cannot go into Edit Town. It says that I can't while family member is being adopted.

Note about the mailbox.... I have tried to do the TestingCheatsEnabled True and then Shift/click on the mailbox and NOTHING happens. Nothing pops up. I was going to try forcing the adoption agency person, but cannot even do that. I deleted the mailbox and added in the base game style one. No changes. Also wanted to use this to get rid of the Zombies on a full moon. No option. Had to reset each Sim by name.

There was a male Sim stuck singing in one of the buildings. He had been there for days singing for tips. He would not respond to introduction, etc. I reset him and he left. I don't know if he's back or not.

I LOVE the world. It's beautiful. You've done an amazing job on creating it, but there are several glitches. I hope you can figure them out and fix and do a second version. I just wanted to let you know the issues that I am experiencing. Thank you!

P.S. I can save while in the game, but if I try to exit out, it hangs, just as a few others have posted. Just an FYI.

I really hope there is a Version 2. I love the whole feel of this world.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • DijanaMenatasDijanaMenatas Posts: 624 Member
    edited July 2014
    A lot of the issues are going to be caused by no roads. If anything normally shows up in a vehicle of some kind, then it's not going to work here. Some things are obvious (like how you cant move sims because there's no moving truck unless you go to edit world), but it seems there's some other issues as a result of it. I dont think the mailman uses a vehicle but he doesnt appear. I can't get Emit Relevart to come through the time portal in this world but I can in others with roads, so it seems there's a lot of things that require the roads that just isn't going to happen here.
  • TroglingTrogling Posts: 9
    edited July 2014
    niac1234 wrote:
    O.k. queue the mood music!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erwLhFO2f88

I proudly present...

Isla Escudo!

Screenshot-368_zps18387f68.jpg

DOWNLOAD IT HERE http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8298635

Beta Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?b56f2dpubbvqyai

This world is not populated! :!:

Isla Escudo is a beautiful Island republic consisting of two main states. The first is the main Isla Escudo with the greater majority of the population. The second is St. Agatha Isle. Loosely based on Jamaica. The Island was first settled by an ancient civilization consisting of both mermaids and humans. When colonization hit, the ancient civilization receded into the water. Isla Escudo was colonized by the Spanish. Isle of St. Agatha was first colonized by the dutch but later taken over by the British. Eventually, both countries revolted from their respected superpower and formed one republic. Thanks to the help that the mermaids provided in the revolutions, the two civilizations are very friendly and the mermaids opened up their underwater world to the humans when SCUBA technology became possible. Now the old world republic is trying to come to grips with modern technology.

I'm proud to say that there is NO 3RD PARTY CUSTOM CONTENT in this world. It's amazing how difficult that was to pull off. There aren't even any corrupt files attached to the world, just the world file, and the image file. :D

WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO DOWNLOAD THIS WORLD-
    All EP's are used in some way except ITF, however the ones that are used heavily are Ambitions, World Adventures, Supernatural, Island Paradise (this one is absolutely necessary), Late Night, and University.
    I don't know if seasons is necessary. All I used were a few objects and the wildflower spawners.
    You could live without University Life or Ambitions to an extent. Showtime was used, but just for the decorations.
    I stayed away from Stuff Packs, but an occasional item from Town Life, or Master Suite may pop up.
    I used content from Dragon Valley, Barnacle Bay, and Riverview
    Monte Vista is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY You cannot download this world without it.
    miscellaneous store content is sporadic yet not necessary. I'll come up with a list of recommended objects around launch date.

Original Post--

No, I'm not ditching Baie Acadienne, it's almost done actually! I just need to finish the beach area, finish a few houses, and then add spawners, then it's time for beta testing! :D

God I hate Isla Paradiso, I just hate it so much (sorry world team, but I was really disappointed). So I started this a couple of days ago and I'm really happy with where it's going. This is an old forgotten colonial outpost in the Caribbean, it also will have ancient ruins. It's going to have about 5 islands in the open ocean. And they are seriously going to be in the middle of the ocean. You will hardly be able to see the main Island from them. I'm not going to have uncharted islands (I find them to be stupid) but there will be dive lots... hopefully.

One thing I hated about Isla paradiso was so much modern housing. That's not going to happen here. Everything is either colonial or ancient! :D And this world actually has a decent amount of trees! :D

EP's required:
    World Adventures
    Ambitions
    Late Night
    Showtime (Maybe)
    University (Maybe)
    Island Paradise (duh)

I may include items from other EP's but they will not be required. Same applies with the stuff packs and store content.

THIS WILL REQUIRE MONTE VISTA THOUGH

Pictures up to 6/30/13

SirensLandingLayout_zpsbb63cd88.png

Screenshot-952_zpsbdeaa029.jpg

Screenshot-961_zps0fa82136.jpg

SirensLanding_zps86bab087.png

Screenshot-960_zpscfe59d85.jpg

Screenshot-956_zps269ffb93.jpg

Screenshot-951_zps250bf67a.jpg

Screenshot-955_zps867e20c0.jpg

Screenshot-957_zps7d168ae5.jpg

Screenshot-954_zpse95be5e0.jpg

Screenshot-958_zps04a6c1a3.jpg

Screenshot-953_zpsd603c03a.jpg

Screenshot-959_zps5d03f635.jpg

By not populated..You mean we have to fully populate it ourselves?Well i guess im fine with that...More story :P
  • ShaneyBoyShaneyBoy Posts: 2,134 Member
    edited July 2014
    I haven't played TS3 for awhile and was looking for a good world to return to it with, think I'm going to try yours, it looks awesome! Great job.
  • KathiT53KathiT53 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited July 2014
    :( You really should tell people at the outset that the Expansion Packs are required to play this world. According to the write up in the exchange, the world only needs the basic game. Wrong!! Every time I've tried to play this world, either as a new game or to have my sims move there, the game crashes. My game is up to date and I have more than enough RAM to handle it. I am really disappointed because I was looking forward to having a choice of more than 1 world to play in.

I have uninstalled the download and reinstalled at least three times. I have saved the file and installed that way and I've Added to Game from this site. Nothing works. If you have any suggestions as to how to get the world to work with only the basic game, I'd be more than happy to hear them.

It looks like a beautiful world.
  • DelsDels Posts: 289 Member
    edited July 2014
    Beautiful world.
    We are happy to see I download this island in the game.
    Congratulations on the excellent work !
  • bouquetcatcherbouquetcatcher Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited July 2014
    KathiT53 wrote:
    :( You really should tell people at the outset that the Expansion Packs are required to play this world. According to the write up in the exchange, the world only needs the basic game. Wrong!!

Unfortunately the listing of items used in a world (or any creation) is very buggy on the site, that is not the creator's fault. Those listings almost always contain items/expansion packs that were not used and do not include ones that were. While it may have been a bonus for niac to have included the info in the description he wrote, I can see that he was going for a roleplaying type of description.

Just a suggestion, but I've found that when I'm interested in a world I now Google it to try to find the creator's thread and/or website on it as that will give me a LOT more info than the poorly designed Exchange pages. Niac does go over what he used and what's required at the beginning of this thread. I've had many worlds I downloaded and couldn't play because I didn't look into them further :(.

Sadly I don't think you'll be able to play this world without at least Island Paradise and the Monte Vista world from the Store. The world is HEAVILY dependent on IP which is probably why it's crashing on you :(. If you'd like another world to play in, Riverview in the Store is free (and actually quite nice). Or, look around for expansion packs on sale for really cheap - a lot of them are now, or you can get some bundles with more than one EP. Most EP's come with a world. Also, and this is a bit more work, but you can visit the CAW forums and look at worlds lists, or just post a thread asking for help finding base-game only worlds. I KNOW there must be some good ones there. Best of luck!
    16975504789_dfde933ce1_o.jpg
  • lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    edited July 2014
    KathiT53 wrote:
    :( You really should tell people at the outset that the Expansion Packs are required to play this world. According to the write up in the exchange, the world only needs the basic game. Wrong!! Every time I've tried to play this world, either as a new game or to have my sims move there, the game crashes. My game is up to date and I have more than enough RAM to handle it. I am really disappointed because I was looking forward to having a choice of more than 1 world to play in.

I have uninstalled the download and reinstalled at least three times. I have saved the file and installed that way and I've Added to Game from this site. Nothing works. If you have any suggestions as to how to get the world to work with only the basic game, I'd be more than happy to hear them.

If you are looking for a great world with only base game, Aluna Island is it! The Sim Supply made this world and it only include base game to play or download. You could visit his website to download the world and to download some of his great builds for the world. All the information of the download is there and you can see what EPs or SPs need when downloading some of the lots there. It a beautiful world and I love playing in it. He also have videos for you watch on the website. Go here: www.thesimsupply.com.

Have fun, and bless day!
  • niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited July 2014
    KathiT53 wrote:

I'm really sorry that you came across that issue. It's a big issue with the exchange. The download page says it only requires the base game but if you look at the picture, you can tell it's not the case. If I would have known that would happen, I would've put it in the description. I feel really guilty that almost 8000 people have downloaded the world and I know a huge fraction of them thinks that it's only base game items.
  • JodiRebbyJodiRebby Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited November 2014

Great work, niac1234. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top