Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Game Disc Found error at Neighborhood Screen!!! (Solution NEEDED!)

Everybody out there, here's a problem that I haven't (more recently) found a solution to! :( :?:

It's been persisting ever since I got Seasons, and it happens with practically every expansion pack I've gotten, except for WA (World Adventures). I am on a Spring 2010 iMac 21'5, running OS X 10.6.8 (Of course, it supports
any OS 10.5.7 or higher, and 10.6.8 is higher than that), with an Intel Core 2 Duo.

I did not crack/pirate this game, I bought all my TS3 games physically, not on Origin, and I never installed these games on another computer.

Anyway, imma show you how this problem goes, so you won't mistake it for the "Disc Authorization Failure" or "Insert latest game disc" error:

First, the disc is in the drive like a normal game would begin, I open the TS3 Launcher, and press the Play button. Then, the logos appear, and the intro goes by normally too (I usually skip the intro, I've also tried to play the intro without skipping, but that didn't work), the loading screen also loads without problems, until...
The save screen appears. The dreaded "No game disc found! Please insert The Sims™ 3 Seasons disc before proceeding." message appears, along with 2 buttons that say "Retry" (just opens the error again) and "Quit" (exit to the desktop).
I have never gotten past these, the disc is in the drive, and I have tried mini-solutions (like restarting my computer, trying again, and stuff), but these don't work at all.

For the patches, the game is fully patched, in fact, it has been a problem since I bought Ambitions, my first expansion in September 2010. For solutions in the past though, Ambitions' problem was solved through returning and buying another copy and then it worked. When I got Late Night in Dec. 2010, I solved the problem by using something to bypass my launcher and fix my problem, and some other stuff, though these solution threads have probably long shriveled up.

So, any fixes out there? I will not abandon this topic until a solution has been found. Now, it's OK if people say "I have this problem too", but I need to find a solution. If you say:

. "Just do those solutions you did in the past": Sorry, I don't remember those straightly.
. "Reinstall." Maybe, I'll tell you if it's unsuccessful.
. "Get on a PC. Macs stink." Ugh. I don't want to move TS3 to a PC, because I just don't want to.
. "Go to this link for a solution:" Good. I'll check it out!
. "[Insert Solution Here]": YAY!!!

Sorry if any mods comment on this for being mean to users, but I just want you guys to be aware of your posts. Also, don't confuse the problem for another one. Hope you find a solution! :D

Kudos,
Battery

Edit [4.24.13]:
Most of the time, when this error occurs, all my game files (saves, houses, families) get erased.

Comments

• BatteryMillBatteryMill Posts: 16
    edited April 2013
    Anyone???
  • anburcoanburco Posts: 11 New Member
    edited April 2013
    I am having the same problem and it's very frustrating, I have faithfully purchased every expansion they have put out, all the stuff packs...everything, I don't understand why Mac users lack the level of support and compatibility that windows users appear to enjoy.
    edited April 2013
    anburco wrote:
    I am having the same problem and it's very frustrating, I have faithfully purchased every expansion they have put out, all the stuff packs...everything, I don't understand why Mac users lack the level of support and compatibility that windows users appear to enjoy.

I agree too. I had this problem before, though I got past it, by either several tries or just some solutions out there that have disappeared.
  • PirateJandcatsPirateJandcats Posts: 635 Member
    edited April 2013
    You may have tried this but jic you said you have the discs. Have you tried reinstalling all the games off origin so that they become digital downloads (this doesn't cost anything, when you buy hard copy you also get digital). This should hopefully get rid of disc problem :)
    edited April 2013
    You may have tried this but jic you said you have the discs. Have you tried reinstalling all the games off origin so that they become digital downloads (this doesn't cost anything, when you buy hard copy you also get digital). This should hopefully get rid of disc problem :)

Erm... I don't think this works. I had some sort of solution in the past...
  • PirateJandcatsPirateJandcats Posts: 635 Member
    edited April 2013
    Erm... I don't think this works. I had some sort of solution in the past...

Not quite sure what you're trying to say? If the machine isn't recognising the disc, then using the digital version should get rid of this since there is then no disc to recognise.
    edited April 2013
    So, still no good fixes? I don't want to use Origin because I just want to use my discs. Plus, any way to get the erased save files back before previous times this error has occured???
  • KeeLaurKeeLaur Posts: 13
    edited April 2013
    if you use origin, you wont ever need the disks in order to play. ever. the only way to get around the no disk error is by going around the disk.
    try this http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/671744.page
    edited May 2013
    KeeLaur wrote:
    if you use origin, you wont ever need the disks in order to play. ever. the only way to get around the no disk error is by going around the disk.
    try this http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/671744.page

That won't work. You mention the "Disk Authorization Failure" error which I haven't encountered except for several times I've tried to load the game up, and I've had this problem BEFORE Origin, so I'm not going to get past this unless somebody (or you) mentions a fix w/o (without) Origin.

Edit [05.01.2013]: Umm... this isn't a modern bug. It's been around since (maybe) the first EP was released, just to let you know.
    edited May 2013
    Anyone? This thread hasn't been replied to in AGES. Would anyone care to reply?
    I think this thread hasn't been replied to in ages, because many people think what they said above :( is the solution, and so they can just ignore this thread. Anyone?

Edit [5.19.13] Also, I have a problem with those "Origin Conversion" solutions. I have some of my EPs registered on an old account of mine, and what will I do with my discs then? I don't want to pay on Origin, I want to buy any future EPs and SPs physically. So any other solution(s)?
  • xLeEamxxLeEamx Posts: 22
    edited May 2013
    Maybe you could try, if you don't mind using mods, bypass the login screen and use twallans no disk mod, then the game won't actually ask for the disk
    edited May 2013
    xLeEamx wrote:
    Maybe you could try, if you don't mind using mods, bypass the login screen and use twallans no disk mod, then the game won't actually ask for the disk

Okay! :) I'll do that, and tell if it works!
  • Unheav3nlyAnge1Unheav3nlyAnge1 Posts: 21
    edited May 2013
    i had this problem too. all i did was go into finder > documents > > Electronic arts ? The sims 3 delete the DCcache folder and restart. it worked for me then i had to do it again when i quit and restarted the game and its only happened once since then.
    edited May 2013
    i had this problem too. all i did was go into finder > documents > > Electronic arts ? The sims 3 delete the DCcache folder and restart. it worked for me then i had to do it again when i quit and restarted the game and its only happened once since then.
    Ugh! It didn't work!
  • HorrorFlickChickHorrorFlickChick Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    Everybody out there, here's a problem that I haven't (more recently) found a solution to! :( :?:

It's been persisting ever since I got Seasons, and it happens with practically every expansion pack I've gotten, except for WA (World Adventures). I am on a Spring 2010 iMac 21'5, running OS X 10.6.8 (Of course, it supports
    any OS 10.5.7 or higher, and 10.6.8 is higher than that), with an Intel Core 2 Duo.

I did not crack/pirate this game, I bought all my TS3 games physically, not on Origin, and I never installed these games on another computer.

Anyway, imma show you how this problem goes, so you won't mistake it for the "Disc Authorization Failure" or "Insert latest game disc" error:

First, the disc is in the drive like a normal game would begin, I open the TS3 Launcher, and press the Play button. Then, the logos appear, and the intro goes by normally too (I usually skip the intro, I've also tried to play the intro without skipping, but that didn't work), the loading screen also loads without problems, until...
    The save screen appears. The dreaded "No game disc found! Please insert The Sims™ 3 Seasons disc before proceeding." message appears, along with 2 buttons that say "Retry" (just opens the error again) and "Quit" (exit to the desktop).
    I have never gotten past these, the disc is in the drive, and I have tried mini-solutions (like restarting my computer, trying again, and stuff), but these don't work at all.

For the patches, the game is fully patched, in fact, it has been a problem since I bought Ambitions, my first expansion in September 2010. For solutions in the past though, Ambitions' problem was solved through returning and buying another copy and then it worked. When I got Late Night in Dec. 2010, I solved the problem by using something to bypass my launcher and fix my problem, and some other stuff, though these solution threads have probably long shriveled up.

So, any fixes out there? I will not abandon this topic until a solution has been found. Now, it's OK if people say "I have this problem too", but I need to find a solution. If you say:

. "Just do those solutions you did in the past": Sorry, I don't remember those straightly.
    . "Reinstall." Maybe, I'll tell you if it's unsuccessful.
    . "Get on a PC. Macs stink." Ugh. I don't want to move TS3 to a PC, because I just don't want to.
    . "Go to this link for a solution:" Good. I'll check it out!
    . "[Insert Solution Here]": YAY!!!

Sorry if any mods comment on this for being mean to users, but I just want you guys to be aware of your posts. Also, don't confuse the problem for another one. Hope you find a solution! :D

Kudos,
    Battery

Edit [4.24.13]:
    Most of the time, when this error occurs, all my game files (saves, houses, families) get erased.

Question - When you insert the disc/have the disc in the drive already, is the disc icon showing on your desktop?

I had/still have a problem when inserting my disc into the drive and it not showing on my desktop at all and doesn't show in "Finder" either. When this usually happens to me, I never launch my game because it's obvious to me that my computer does not recognize the disc in the drive whatsoever. From then on, I try to restart my computer and sometimes doing that will prompt the disc to show on the desktop and from that point I launch the game with no problem.

Don't get me wrong, it's a lot of work sometimes. Ejecting/Inserting the disc and hoping it turns on or trying again at a different time..but its what we have to do as Maccers.

I've never had a "No Disc Found" error or "Disc Aurthorization Error" but I wonder if I would if I tried to launch the game even though it didn't appear on my desktop.

Anyway, I hope this helps.
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited May 2013
    Did the no cd mod work? I had this problem after uni, and had to use that for a while to play.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • FrancoHSDFrancoHSD Posts: 10 New Member
    edited May 2013
    OK, SO, raise your hand if you are stuck with this problem! Yes guys, this is a SUPER FRUSTRATING problem that we HAVE TO solve!

I am at the moment busy reinstalling all my Sims 3 games with EP's and SP's with the hope that the problem get solved by a clean installation. I tried EVERYTHING! And when I mean EVERYTHING I mean EVERYTHING EVERYTHING!

What does NOT work:
    1. Inserting and removing your discs all the time. The problem isn't your disc drive that can't read the disc, it's an error that came with The Sims 3 Seasons disc. Only a patch fixes it (according to EA).

2. Patching your game. OK, about the patch, it does NOT fix it even though EA says it fixes it. If it works for you - Whoopee for you! IT DOESN'T WORK FOR THE REST OF US!

3. Deleting files from your saved folder. Please guys DON'T delete files from the folder!!! I speak from experience here, it only makes your problem worse! When a patch arrives it will automatically move, delete, or update the file(s).

What does work but also doesn't:
    4. If you downloaded and installed the digital copy from origin, it does work! BUT that will create a whole NEW set of problems for you (even bigger problems). You won't be able to save ANYTHING on your game. Once you save, the game crashes immediately! (Just one of the many new frustrating problems...)

5 Uninstalling everything and reinstall all the games through Origin as a digital copy. Same problem as I mentioned above, you won't be able to save... But it does authorize your Mac to play the game without a disc.

Possible solutions:
    A lot of people found that uninstalling your custom content from your game and extra worlds it will solve all of the above problems, though it only works for Windows users. Try it, maybe it works for you...

Mac's just have that 'special' problems that EA doesn't feel is necessary to take notion off and thus focuses on stupid things such as 'always-online' - 'sharing sims' and 'connecting with social media and other players'
    We have to let them see that this a MAJOR problem that needs attention! PLEASE if ANYONE have a solution then just let us know. Why pay so much for a game that you can't play properly...
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited May 2013
    FrancoHSD wrote:
    OK, SO, raise your hand if you are stuck with this problem! Yes guys, this is a SUPER FRUSTRATING problem that we HAVE TO solve!

I am at the moment busy reinstalling all my Sims 3 games with EP's and SP's with the hope that the problem get solved by a clean installation. I tried EVERYTHING! And when I mean EVERYTHING I mean EVERYTHING EVERYTHING!

What does NOT work:
    1. Inserting and removing your discs all the time. The problem isn't your disc drive that can't read the disc, it's an error that came with The Sims 3 Seasons disc. Only a patch fixes it (according to EA).

2. Patching your game. OK, about the patch, it does NOT fix it even though EA says it fixes it. If it works for you - Whoopee for you! IT DOESN'T WORK FOR THE REST OF US!

3. Deleting files from your saved folder. Please guys DON'T delete files from the folder!!! I speak from experience here, it only makes your problem worse! When a patch arrives it will automatically move, delete, or update the file(s).

What does work but also doesn't:
    4. If you downloaded and installed the digital copy from origin, it does work! BUT that will create a whole NEW set of problems for you (even bigger problems). You won't be able to save ANYTHING on your game. Once you save, the game crashes immediately! (Just one of the many new frustrating problems...)

5 Uninstalling everything and reinstall all the games through Origin as a digital copy. Same problem as I mentioned above, you won't be able to save... But it does authorize your Mac to play the game without a disc.

Possible solutions:
    A lot of people found that uninstalling your custom content from your game and extra worlds it will solve all of the above problems, though it only works for Windows users. Try it, maybe it works for you...

Mac's just have that 'special' problems that EA doesn't feel is necessary to take notion off and thus focuses on stupid things such as 'always-online' - 'sharing sims' and 'connecting with social media and other players'
    We have to let them see that this a MAJOR problem that needs attention! PLEASE if ANYONE have a solution then just let us know. Why pay so much for a game that you can't play properly...

Like I said in my above post, had you tried the no cd mod? You do NOT need to go and uninstall everything yet!
    WLfAA9V.png
  • MsMedbhMsMedbh Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    I had this problem on the Mac with the base game and both the expansion packs I bought with it: it worked the first time I installed it and then the next day gave me this error repeatedly. When I turned off the auto scanning function on my virus scanner (so it doesn't scan the disc when it's inserted), I didn't have the problem anymore. Seems that the disc becomes "unrecognized" because it's also being scanned.
    edited July 2013
    Hey, I really need help! Clean installs of my WHOLE game might cause the problem AGAIN! (Even when installing my other EPs) I have Norton and I don't know how to disable auto-scanning of discs. Can anyone who has had the exact same problem on their Macs help? Help, because I can NEVER play The Sims 3 on my computer again with this semi-unusual-usual problem still persisting!
    edited September 2013
    So anyone? I'm resurrecting this thread, because it's an important problem and I really can't play it. Can someone help me now?
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited September 2013
    Why are you running Norton? Have you ever had a virus? I'd start by completely disabling/uninstalling Norton - restart your Mac - Next, use Disk Utility to Repair Permissions on your Mac (Norton has probably fiddled with these) - restart your Mac.

To be on the safe side I would reinstall the OS from the Snow Leopard disc that came with your Mac. It should install over the top of your current installation, replacing any files that your antivirus would have changed/deleted. You must make a backup before doing this just in case the reinstall goes awry. I would do a manual backup as oppose to a Time Machine backup.

You may think that's overkill but honestly, antivirus on OS X can do more harm than good. There are a few simple things you can do to protect your Mac without resorting to antivirus -
      Password protect your Mac so any installations need permission
      Turn on the Firewall in System Preferences and enable Stealth Mode
      If you use Safari, disable downloads from automatically opening: Safari > Preferences > General Tab > untick the box next to
    Open 'safe' files after downloading
      Consider upgrading to Mountain Lion which has
    Gatekeeper as part of the OS (or wait until Mavericks is released)
      Always make sure that Flash and Java are up to date as they are what can make your Mac vulnerable

This may not fix your problem - no one really knows what causes most of the problems Mac users experience with TS3 - but if I were in your shoes, this is what I would do :)
    apple-signature.png
  • maryoakmanmaryoakman Posts: 3
    edited September 2013
    It happens to me too often! it's extremely frustrating! Unfortunately i found that i had to restart my computer a couple times before it works. It's annoying but it ends up working for me. hope this helps
  • b2b3bonesb2b3bones Posts: 2
    edited November 2013
    Is your software up to date? I was having the EXACT same problem and came across this forum post last night while desperately trying to find a fix! My problem actually escalated from getting the "no game disc found" error at the neighborhood screen to my disc drive not even recognizing the sims 3 game disk and reading it as a blank dvd! This morning I remembered that I had been putting off installing the latest apple software update for my macbook, so I went ahead and updated it and now my game is working fine!
    It's obvious (at least in my case) that it's an apple issue with disc drive that luckily, was able to be fixed via an update, and not an issue with EA games. maybe if you can't get help here contact apple.
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    edited November 2013
    It's not so much an issue with Apple as it is with other programs (like Norton or MacKeeper or any anti virus programs) deleting files that Sims 3 needs to run.

I highly recommend that if Repairing the Disk/Permissions does not work that you reinstall (yes I know nasty words). Patch to 1.63 from the Super Patch as soon as you install Base Game and then reinstall all your EP's and SP's in release order as that way your game can build on itself properly. Also if you have not done so, upgrade to Mavericks. It really does make the game run much better and it is more stable. I have everything up to IP (hope to get Movie Stuff and Into the Future for Christmas and the game runs wonderfully on my iMac.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.