Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Arcadia - A Post Apocalyptic Shanty Amidst the Desert Sun

Comments

• Options
    Money1000125Money1000125 Posts: 236 New Member
    edited August 2012
    One of these days I'll learn where the forums are on Modthesims without having to go onto Google and backtrack. I'm too exhausted with this world for now, maybe tomorrow I'll work on it.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Thank you so much Writin_Reg, this world is now finished and up on the exchange!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2012
    Yay! So glad to have steered you in the right direction anyway - but Simsample is the one to thank for sure. Glad to see it up and ready for the masses. Very nice.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    teejoe4teejoe4 Posts: 47 New Member
    edited October 2012
    I'm totally digging all of the Fallout references. :D

Too bad there'd be no way to set prices in bottle caps instead of simoleons, lmao.

I'll def be downloading this tonight or tomorrow... As soon as I can get to my gaming pc. :) I'm pretty excited to see everything up close. Great job on this world. It looks great!
  • Options
    DiancarockDiancarock Posts: 563 Member
    edited October 2012
    Ohhhh a zombie apocalypse is so needed in this world. Downloading!!!! :D
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    How does one go about the merriment of zombie apocalypse? I don't own supernatural, but a stroll through the dreaded undead surely sounds splendid.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2012
    It is on the internet Money it is called the Apocalypse Challenge. It's one of the hardest of the many Sims challenge games if you ask me. Lots of rules and regulations.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    ecarmichaelecarmichael Posts: 11 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Awesome looking world! I downloaded this and tried to play it, but when I tried to start a new game in Arcadia, my game just stayed on the town loading screen indefinitely. Any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks so much!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Hmm, that's not supposed to happen, I'll take a look at this world when I have some free time this weekend. Thanks for letting me know!
  • Options
    PulversoppaPulversoppa Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited October 2012
    It looks incredibly beautiful! Rough, but beautiful! I'd wish to see a million more pics though... :D
    "They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
  • Options
    SpaceboyySamuraiSpaceboyySamurai Posts: 2
    edited October 2012
    I'm having the same problem. It either stays on the town loading screen indefinitly or crashes the entire game . This world looks so great!
  • Options
    shannonpwnsshannonpwns Posts: 343 Member
    edited October 2012
    Hmm I hope the same doesn't happen to me... I just installed it, I'll update if mine crashes as well!

Also, I recommended, because it looks AMAZING!

EDIT: Mine loaded up just fine and I'm playing it right now!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I think what I'll do is try to upload a new version to Mediafire, see if that works before I do anything drastic.
  • Options
    shannonpwnsshannonpwns Posts: 343 Member
    edited October 2012
    Absolutely LOVE the world by the way... I was up until 3 am last night playing and didn't even realize it LOL. I'm playing as the cat lady who wants 15 cats as friends lifetime wish, its... interesting. She has the stylist career, and it's kinda difficult cause barely anyone comes in.. guess thats expected though!!! LOVE it!

Someday, you should make a version where its like 100 years down the line and the "town" has dwindled down to just a few people left (due to poor procreation planning and lack of inbreeding), so they decide "ah what the heck, lets go explore before we all die out!" and they go wandering and (dun dun dun!!!) another vault is discovered and there's another civilization across the map! But maybe a twist, the other vault had an outbreak of a disease (maybe a genetic disease like vampires), and they don't know who is and isn't carrying the disease! So do they join this thriving new vault and take a chance on being infected, or do they try and recruit some new people back to their dwindling vault and try to rebuild their world the right way, learning from their mistakes from the first go around.

Just a thought, it was something I imagined up last night while playing deliriously late haha.
  • Options
    AthenaiaAthenaia Posts: 41
    edited December 2012
    Oh, Thanks for this world! I tried to find a world like Arcadia... Thank you so much :)
  • Options
    ZehLebowitzZehLebowitz Posts: 282
    edited December 2012
    This is quite a nice world. I like the way you used multiple materials for the exterior panels: gives it a real makeshift feel. I'm playing the architect and am adding new shacks here and there.
  • Options
    thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    edited December 2012
    For a post-apocalyptic town, you managed to make it look wonderful! I completely love this world, OP! I had a hard time closing the game ;) Rec'd! Great job!
  • Options
    DangerDangerDangerDanger Posts: 5,327 Member
    edited December 2012
    HOLY MOSE ON A BEET FARM! This is absolutely, fantasmicly 100% awesomeness. I'm salivating at the mere possibilities of Arcadia, but alas my computer would probably take one run at this and be like, "Girrrl, please, I'm a Costco floor model - I'm practically Amish in comparison to the specs you need to run this madness" and immediately proceed to die out of spite. Such is the way of my computer and it's failed liasons with custom content/mods.

This is being saved into my favorite folder in the off chance that a winning lottery ticket finds it's way into my hands and I can buy a not-hobo computer.
    Hi. I'm Danger. I like spaceships, Pringles, and cats. I dislike fruits and vegetables, sunlight, and the motion picture Titanic. I do not own a sword, nor do I know how to draw unicorns. As you can see, I don't have much to offer the world.
  • Options
    SpaceboyySamuraiSpaceboyySamurai Posts: 2
    edited December 2012
    I've discovered why this wouldn't work for me... I had no expansions installed. Sorry for being such a noob. On that subject, what are all the expansions that are required to run this world?
  • Options
    RBenthienRBenthien Posts: 516 New Member
    edited December 2012
    HOLY MOSE ON A BEET FARM! This is absolutely, fantasmicly 100% awesomeness. I'm salivating at the mere possibilities of Arcadia, but alas my computer would probably take one run at this and be like, "Girrrl, please, I'm a Costco floor model - I'm practically Amish in comparison to the specs you need to run this madness" and immediately proceed to die out of spite. Such is the way of my computer and it's failed liasons with custom content/mods.

This is being saved into my favorite folder in the off chance that a winning lottery ticket finds it's way into my hands and I can buy a not-hobo computer.

If you can run the game as-is right now, you will be able to run it with this world. Trust me. It's very detailed but it is small and has no roads. I guarantee you won't regret installing it. :D
  • Options
    DataHeadDataHead Posts: 1,098 Member
    edited December 2012
    Hello! I am here on behalf of Simultitude Magazine, and I was wondering how you would feel about letting me review Arcadia for an upcoming issue? The review would give simmers an inside look at your world, and allowing them to see what the world is like from a players prospective. The only thing we need from you is the "Okay" and a link to images of the world. If you prefer you have our photographers take the pictures, we can do that as well. Just remember if you provide us the link to the pictures, we will give you credit, BUT if we take pictures, we will give the photographer who took the image credit.

Thanks!
    -DH
  • Options
    siyuuusiyuuu Posts: 7
    edited December 2012
    This is amazing. I too am an avid Fallout fan, this world is like a dream come true :P
  • Options
    prettygirlswagg100prettygirlswagg100 Posts: 10
    edited December 2012
    I downloaded arcadia (amazing job btw) but when i load it it gets stuck like 1 cm away from the done bar!!! GAH SO CLOSEEE!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: Any solution? Thanks <3:D

Also the little quick tip things keep going so its not like my game freezes.... **** i wanna play so baaad!!!! HELP! LOL
  • Options
    LexxieTaniumLexxieTanium Posts: 143
    edited December 2012
    I downloaded arcadia (amazing job btw) but when i load it it gets stuck like 1 cm away from the done bar!!! GAH SO CLOSEEE!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: Any solution? Thanks <3:D

Also the little quick tip things keep going so its not like my game freezes.... **** i wanna play so baaad!!!! HELP! LOL

Im having the same problem!!!! D:
  • Options
    siyuuusiyuuu Posts: 7
    edited December 2012

You might be missing expansion packs. Since the author created the world while using all of the expansion packs, missing any of them can cause issues.