Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are the strobe lights suppose to do?

All the strobe lights are just sitting there and they aren't doing anything. is there something I have to do to make them do something?

Comments

• MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited November 2010
    They are supposed to give you a seizure. :shock:

lol, no, just kidding. :lol:

Click on the light in live mode and options should come up setting different aspects of the light, including turning them on/off.

I personally turn them off because they give me a headache...and I've never had a seizure, but I feel like they would be the ones that would give me one...
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited November 2010
    Alot of people are reporting that they do not work and I haven't seen anyone post a solution. What they are supposed to do is, well, flash like a strobe light.

You can turn them on and off by clicking them, like any other light, so make sure they are actually on. But if they are on and you aren't seeing anything I guess you are one of the people with the problem of them not working.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Porky64Porky64 Posts: 390 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Stormkeep wrote:
    Alot of people are reporting that they do not work and I haven't seen anyone post a solution. What they are supposed to do is, well, flash like a strobe light.

You can turn them on and off by clicking them, like any other light, so make sure they are actually on. But if they are on and you aren't seeing anything I guess you are one of the people with the problem of them not working.

I guess im one of those people. . . grr. . . And those were the things that I really wanted in this game. I made sure they were on and I even played with the delay options too and still nothing. I hope EA fixes this. . .
  • LaurenF98LaurenF98 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited May 2013
    they don't work for me either :(
  • SororiaBlack3212SororiaBlack3212 Posts: 20
    edited May 2013
    you should put it against a wall then turn it on. i find them annoying cause i cant see and click on the wrong thing :P <(-_-)>
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited May 2013
    I can't even use them in the game. When they are flashing they give me a really bad headache, and make me feel really sick to my stomach.
  • honeyhoney8honeyhoney8 Posts: 2,192 Member
    edited July 2013
    Mine don't work either. :( Never have.
    It just occured to me that it may be a simmer-wide problem, so I did a search & found this.
    At least I know it's me doing something wrong.
    I expect, if it's been this long, there's no intent to fix. :|
  • MattyDudeMattyDude Posts: 3 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Not sure if anyone figured it out, but they need to be placed in an area the game considers "inside". If you somehow get them outside it won't flash. Even if you place it and remove the walls, it will stop working.