Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Error: Catastrophic Failure

I just finished fixing the QtCore4.dll problem, and I reinstalled EADM. But now I have yet another problem.

I go to the sims launcher and click OK to update my game to version 1.11.7. I'm version 1.4.6.00001 right now. A green EA loading bar comes up, and then The Sims 3 InstallShield Wizard starts. Almost immediately, there's a message that says:

Feature transfer error
File:
Error: Catastrophic failure

I click Retry, and it says to insert the correct disk. I have TS3 in the CD slot. I have never had this problem before.

I click OK anyway, and a message comes up saying, "Setup could not find a file on the specified path or disk. Please check that the proper disk is inserted or specify a new path."

Help. =O

Comments

• DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited April 2010
    Is the disk clean, can you browse the files on the disk, does another computer or drive rewad the disk, does the drive you are using play movies?
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • RemiRemi Posts: 15 New Member
    edited April 2010
    i have the same message when installing the game, "please check that the proper disk is inserted or specify a new path."
    and i can browse folders but i can't find one that will work. D:
  • IamMamainredIamMamainred Posts: 7,042 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Take the disc out of the PC, make sure it is super clean & scratch free.

Run your disc clean up program & follow this by running Disc defrag on both drives, this will help the PC load the game with far less isses.

Re-start the PC, then bring up the EADM & make sure it fully updated & adobe air was allowed to install.

Then try the game.
  • SimmieAddictSimmieAddict Posts: 11
    edited July 2010
    I have done all the things listed and still no update. :( It seems like its only the last patch though, all the others worked fine for me. Help! :(
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2010
    go to simprograms.com and get the official patch that does not require the launcher to install it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....