Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

error code 15 while trying to save

Hi everyone,

Ok so i recently bought Ambitions.
I uninstalled ALL my sims3 games and reinstalled them all in the correct order, updating each time in between.

i tried playing the game and a few things happened:

1. in the launcher my icon for high end loft stuff is not lit
2. i spent like and HOUR creating sims in "twinbrooks" and they didn't save. just plain old didn't show up in the household bin.
3. i can't save anything. if i am in an active household it WILL NOT SAVE. i get "error code 15"

i can't find any info on how to fix any of these issues.

i tell you what, this sims 3 patches and fixes and other b*llsh*t is REALLY getting on my nerves.
remember back when sims 2 just WORKED?
feck..

anyways can someone please help me out? i should also mention i am running this on a MAC.
so any fixes need to be mac compatible.

thank you SOOO much in advance.

Comments

• l8nytsimmerl8nytsimmer Posts: 1,528 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I'm getting Error Code 12, every now and then when I try to save.
  • KaylaSorensonKaylaSorenson Posts: 8
    edited August 2010
    i read somewhere that saving them as "save as" files could help, but...that's irritating.

all i want in life is to just PLAY my dang game!

it would be nice to get another patch...
  • The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Error code 15, this is the first I've heard of someone with this error code. I hate error codes, I've gotten 16, 12 and 13 before.
  • The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I just read this about error code 15....

Save-Related Error Messages
    Below are some error messages that you may see from the game.
    Please contact customer support if you encounter any of these errors.

01: No save file information.
    02: No active world.
    03: The save path is empty.
    04: Cannot save directory.
    05: Cannot find the requested file.
    09: Failed to create header record.
    10: Failed to write header record.
    11: Pre-save callback failure.
    12: World file save failure.
    13: Post-save callback failure.
    14: No load/save manager found.
    15: Other error. Sorry.

Apparently they don't know what error code 15 is, that sux.
  • l8nytsimmerl8nytsimmer Posts: 1,528 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I'm getting Error Code: 13 now, and the game refuses to save? What does post save call back failure mean?
  • Naomi783Naomi783 Posts: 51 Member
    edited August 2010
    I'm getting error code 16 and "save as" doesn't help for me.
  • dogzrockzdogzrockz Posts: 1
    edited May 2011
    I got it!

I had the same problem where error code 15 popped up and it wouldn't let me save.

Then i got a pop-up on my mac saying the start up disk was almost full,

So i deleted some of the applications on my mac to make more room,

And my Sims game saved!
    Basically there just wasn't any room for my game to save prior do deleting files.

The only problem was once I got back on my game the main town that I played wasn't an option on the main menu, like it had been deleted! :x
    ...but at least it worked
  • Lizziemay12Lizziemay12 Posts: 1,178 Member
    edited June 2011
    I managed to overcome this problem by saving the current family in the sim bin and then restarting a completely new game and putting the family in then. This does mean that their relationships and that were all screwed up, but it was far better than loosing them completely.

:)
    Origin Username: LizzieMay +++ New friends are always welcome :)
  • micheleujoergensenmicheleujoergensen Posts: 27
    edited December 2011
    I managed to overcome this problem by saving the current family in the sim bin and then restarting a completely new game and putting the family in then. This does mean that their relationships and that were all screwed up, but it was far better than loosing them completely.

:)

THANK YOU! This worked perfectly!! :-)
  • BalinazBalinaz Posts: 1
    edited May 2012
    I have error 15 right now and I don't have the Readme. My sim was just about to master her 11th skill. I don't know what to do... I tried doing Save as. Didn't work... :(
  • MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    edited May 2012
    This is what I was given for error code 16. Error code 15 is in here also.

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/error-save-errors-error-12-13-or-16.html
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited May 2012
    MeaganJo wrote:

This link has helped me out in the past too.

Save frequently and under different names; delete .bad files from the saves folder; restart the game after a couple of hours of playin if you want a long session; stay away from worlds that are too big for you computer to run.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • SuperJulian194SuperJulian194 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited May 2013
    im getting error 15 it doesnt let me save what do i do?
  • dreamwriter12dreamwriter12 Posts: 10
    edited June 2013
    I've had this happen to me several times, usually when there were previously failed attempts to save the game.

Here's a solution I came up that will allow to you keep everything and save your game:

1. Delete any old "Save" files for the current game.
    2. Click "Save as..." and type in a new name completely different from the old one (not just one where you add a number to the end).
    3. Click "OK," and your game should save.

Hope this helps!
  • LibraSimsLoverLibraSimsLover Posts: 154 New Member
    edited January 2014
    I've had this happen to me several times, usually when there were previously failed attempts to save the game.

Here's a solution I came up that will allow to you keep everything and save your game:

1. Delete any old "Save" files for the current game.
    2. Click "Save as..." and type in a new name completely different from the old one (not just one where you add a number to the end).
    3. Click "OK," and your game should save.

Hope this helps!

How do I delete my old save files? Thanks
  • JanieLynJanieLyn Posts: 62 Member
    edited January 2014
    GreenCats wrote:
    MeaganJo wrote:

This link has helped me out in the past too.

Save frequently and under different names; delete .bad files from the saves folder; restart the game after a couple of hours of playin if you want a long session; stay away from worlds that are too big for you computer to run.

Okay, I'm trying some of this stuff. Mostly the forcing my game to refresh the files. It's nearly impossible to Change my Sims in CAS. If it does let me, it won't save or it crashes to the desktop. I have troubles with edit town too. I did find a txt file in the Sims3 folder of files and folders that was dated for the last time I played and it crashed- which was the very last time I played. In that text file was a line that said:

[Exception info]
    date: 2013-12-31
    time: 20.41.37
    type: ACCESS_VIOLATION writing address 0x00000000
    address: 0x003772d7 "C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.6195_x-ww_44262b86\MSVCR80.dll":0x0001:0x000162d7

Not sure what that means, but I know it can't be good.
  • Charl664Charl664 Posts: 1
    edited June 2014
    So, i was playing the sims, and i was using a world i down loaded, it had nothing on it until i put most things on, i was leaving my game to copy some other houses, and when i tried to save, al that came up was error code 15, i read through this forum and i'm kind of freaking out because i don't know if i have to quit the game and loose every thing (because then i'll be ******) or if i would be able to get rid if this another way. WHAT DO I DO!!!!!! :?: :?: :?: :!: :!: :!: :thumbdown:
  • indieminorbirdindieminorbird Posts: 30 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't know why these codes come up. But what I have noticed is that I've been getting error code 12 when saving. I never used to until I installed Island Paradise EP. I love "Island Paradise EP " But it gives me error 12 and also crashes if I go to a secret island. I don't know if the bug is in the EP's or what, All I know is EA, Origin and Maxis have to lift there game up , so to say. How can you enjoy a game with error codes and crashes ? Now everyone waits for Sim 4 , we don't know if EA have taken it back because they might have found glitches. So EA,Origin and Maxis come on fix the bugs and errors so we can enjoy.
    PS With your code I will let you know if I come up with anything.
  • brrclgh1brrclgh1 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited July 2014
    LibraSImsLover and Dreamweaver12!! :-) Thank you SOOOOOO much! I had just finished major architecture and decoration changes at a home in order to facilitate the Butler's inability to get around in a complex house. I had had to dismiss one Butler already. They were tricky, complicated and time consuming changes. After I finished, I went to save and *BOOM* the game threw that dreaded Error 15!! *ZOIKS* I tried deleting the bad file from docs 2x and tried the save as with a different number at the end only and FAIL! So I read everything on all threads as to how to fix this Error 15 problem. I was just NOT a happy Simmy!

In this home the parents are 5 star Celebrities and one had just upper her guitar skill to 9. No WAY could they lose all of those relationships or I would have tried that solution.... so I took a HUGE gamble on your solution and deleted EVERYTHING with a name anywhere close to this home!! It was scary but sure enough, your solution to "save as" under a COMPLETELY different name AFTER deleting ANY and ALL files with similar names stored in the Documents/Electronic Arts/Saves folder worked like a CHARM~! So happy now - the Butler get's around very easily, their room points are all up to 40, she still has 9 points on her guitar and the parents maintained ALL of their important friendships! Thank You again SO MUCH LibraSimsLover and Dreamweaver12!!! You are Fantastic! :) Really YOUR SOLUTION is the VERY BEST!!! I just want others to know too- This really works! Thanks again :)
  • lucypostillenilucypostilleni Posts: 10 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Turn your internet off to play. It was suggested to me , and my game has never. ever been better.No error codes ..no switching off, nothing.