Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EXTREMELY annoying freeze like issue.

13...Next

Comments

• EatCheesEatChees Posts: 1,378 Member
    edited October 2011
    Alright I re-installed my store content, that worked for all of 3 sim days...
    Sig.png
  • HashaunaHashauna Posts: 125 Member
    edited October 2011
    Wow I thought that it was just me but I have the same freaking problem too!! Mine just freezes and never comes back!! I have to turn off my computer all the time and lose the moment!! Can't even save it!! :twisted: I hope they clear it up soon!!
  • KFrithKFrith Posts: 181 Member
    edited October 2011
    Im getting the freeze issue as well, but i did have this glitch before pets, but it is a bit worse and happening more frequently now. Its getting on my nerves.
  • TipTopTobyTipTopToby Posts: 203 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I do occasionally have this issue but for some reason it only happens in Sunset Valley, when I play in the new neighbourhood with Pets it runs pretty well. Which is quite strange seeing as the new neighbourhood seems to be larger.

The game is lag free but sometimes it will stop the game, meaning I have to wait for a few seconds and as other people have said the plum-bobs will still hover above my sim's heads.

I'm not sure what's causing this issue, but for me it's most likely my graphics card although some of you have this problem with much better ones. My RAM, processor speed and memory are all up to scratch; it's just the card I have is slowing it down.
  • Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited October 2011
    Glimmer50 wrote:
    Anyone know of a better card or does it matter with the freezing issue?

I have a GTX580, 12GB of RAM, i7 950, and a solid state drive to run it off. I'm fairly sure the freezing issue is not because of a lack of hardware. Something's going on with the game....unless Pets has really, really increased the requirements required :P

Indeed. That's some nice hardware! :)
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member
    edited October 2011
    *phew* nice to see i'm not the only one with these problems! When i play Pets things usually go like this:

First, everything goes well, no problems..then, sudden twitches, after that lagging begins and then complete freezing for few seconds. Then everything runs ok again for about 10-15mins and then all ^ that again. And usually if i continue playing and try to save i get code 12 and/or my whole game crashes.

Oh Joy!
    "By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"
  • Blood0rchidBlood0rchid Posts: 669 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I too am still having this issue. The 'stutter steps' as I like to call it, while playing is more frequent. Meaning when I am at home.. or about there are stutters in time, where my sim and other NPC's freeze up, but the plumbob, trees, fish etc are still moving.

I have the most issues with the actual FREEZING.. for 2-5 secs or total freeze where I need to hard restart (Ctrl/Alt/Delete) when I am at fishing holes with wild horses.
  • wishinstonezwishinstonez Posts: 448 Member
    edited October 2011
    Glic2003 wrote:
    Indeed. That's some nice hardware! :)
    Why thank you :wink: I'm hoping it'll at least last me through to the end of the Sims 3 franchise :lol:

I uninstalled/reinstalled all of my Sims 3 and have played for 12 hours with no freezing yet. Though last time it didn't start until 2-3 days in. So *fingers crossed* I'll update if it starts freezing again.
  • NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited October 2011
    Nevermind. My issue went away
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited October 2011
    This issue is driving me crazy! like it sucks all the fun out of playing!
    Sig.png
  • ClemintineClemintine Posts: 106
    edited October 2011
    I started getting this maybe the third or fourth time I played after installing pets. I'm playing in Hidden Valley and it's really turned the game in to a big hassle to play.

I too have plenty of HD, RAM, and no mods or cc.
  • BrandiBugBrandiBug Posts: 1,313 Member
    edited October 2011
    Spawners = invisible boxes that you can add to worlds that spawn bugs, gems, rocks, etc.

I've had this problem twice, with freezing and/or crashing, both while playing in Appaloosa Plains.

The first one was a family which had zero problems until I reloaded it after saving; it said there was a serious error and to restart the application. That obviously didn't work because I'm still having the issue, but I am able to get into the family and play. However, my sim can't get married. I'm not sure what the issue is, whether it's that she's having a wedding party on a community lot or she's marrying the NPC firefighter (who then becomes an Ambitions firefighter), but when "processing" the wedding, it never actually finishes. I have to force close the game. So I count that save as dead.

I started a new family in a different Appaloosa Plains, and after a while, my family started freezing for a few seconds before they continued moving. This happened to me when Late Night came out because of the townie car issue, but downloading Twallan's Overwatch fixed it. So I downloaded Overwatch again and - nothing. It still freezes every couple of seconds, whether it's while playing the family or looking at the overhead town map. So that family is also dead.

On the other hand, I played a family I've had for a while (they live in Twinbrook), and I haven't had ANY issues with them. I wonder if there's a problem with Appaloosa Plains or something that came with Pets that is affecting other worlds as well.

I thought it was my laptop. But anyway, it's not Appaloosa, I play in all of the EA-created works and this happens. I'll try overwatch in awhile and see if it works, but I have this problem as well.
    giphy.gif
    edited October 2011
    It seems to get worse over time it like freezes every 4 seconds now. My game has become virtually unplayable because of it.
    Sig.png
  • hannaaj22hannaaj22 Posts: 685 Member
    edited October 2011
    My game freezes every real life hour of playing , which I do think I'm lucky with that as some of you are experiencing it every few minutes :shock: the problem is is that i have to task manager to get out of the freeze as it doesn't go back to non-freeze. I don't think anything in particular is causing these freezes, except a bugged up EP. I haven't tried playing in any other towns than AP or with a family that was made before i got pets. I can't really be bothered as some of you have done this and the problem hasn't been solved so....
    Leon Family Tree
    Origin ID: hannaaj22
  • NikonGirlNikonGirl Posts: 36 Member
    edited October 2011
    I fixed mine :) It was freezing every sim minute making it impossible to play so I installed overwatch and when the game started I did the resetsim * and it went back to normal. I didnt need to delete my fish and butterfly spawners either.
    Maybe this will work for you too, at least I hope it does :wink:
  • JueJueJueJue Posts: 80 Member
    edited October 2011
    Reinstalling store cc helped for a few sim days then the freezing came back. I've since resorted to drastic measures. I copied the families I wanted to save to my family bin (without houses, I tried this with houses saved & it didn't work). I then started a brand new neighborhood (technically same neighborhood but new version of it) and put my families in the new neighborhood. If you have MC then you can restabilsh family ties. I haven't put store cc back in yet cuz it starts the freezing when I do, so I'm playing with no cc at all. Only mods I have are MC & overwatch. Check for updates for these cuz some newer ones came out on the 23rd or something.
  • Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    edited October 2011
    I hope they fix it soon. I would like to play my game. Paying
    forty bucks for a game that just sits on my desk is not cool.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    edited October 2011
    Did anyone check if the freeze issue has anything to do with internet connection? The other day the launcher problem was avoided by closing down internet access. Just curious.

My freeze issue has been less annoying lately, it rarely starts until I played for a couple RL hours, so if I either reboot or switch household, I can normally play for a while with no issues.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • IsharazIsharaz Posts: 19 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I too have the freezing issue since installing pets, its starting to get really annoying now. The freezing is definitely worse in my older games but also happens in the new neighbourhoods started after pets :cry:

I have found that minimizing the game down to the task bar and then back up again does unfreeze it when it gets stuck for too long, but its still well irritating to have to keep doing this :(
  • JRon7667JRon7667 Posts: 234 Member
    edited October 2011
    I think it is the horses. Mine will freeze just seconds before I actually see one and lag as long as they are near. it also freezes and stutters when a Unicorn appears. I think it is something in their routing. I would like a Mod that stops wild horses at least, from spawning.