Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will we ever get carpool back?

PotterheadSimPotterheadSim Posts: 320 Member
I really miss carpool and school buses. It's so stupid that sims simply vanish from the sidewalk.. I hope they bring it back in a patch soon :(
I mean, we had them in The Sims 1....
339135_original.jpg

Comments

• bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    I'm hoping it will be patched in when cars get released on a GP/EP. I really can't stand watching my sims vanishing into thin air when they go to work/school. :unamused:
  • axel1015axel1015 Posts: 952 Member
    I surely doubt it'll happen, but you never know...
    FreshLion55 on the Gallery! Happy simming! >:)
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    I sincerely hope not.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I wish. Transportation really needs to be patched in. The roads could use some fixing too since some of them look like cracked up pavements with how uneven they are. Some of the roads go to nowhere too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    It is as I said in another thread, they have been there since day one!

I mean, as soon as you move in, a school bus will turn up for kids. No extra day off for new families back then, it was all work and no play! >:)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I really miss carpool and school buses. It's so stupid that sims simply vanish from the sidewalk.. I hope they bring it back in a patch soon :(
    I mean, we had them in The Sims 1....
    339135_original.jpg

I love this picture! Ahh, the good ol' days! I really miss the carpool and school buses as well. It made the simulation feel real. Watching my Sims walk off the lot, I've gotten used to it, but it is quite silly for them to vanish. I think I mentioned this in another thread but I will never understand the Devs/EA decision to not carry content forward that's been in Sims since the beginning. There are certain things you just can't cut out out...it's kind of like 'Sim tradition'.
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    That would make the worlds feel much more alive for me, even just the school buses and seeing other kids around the neighborhood run to catch it would be amazing. I hope they will. but I doubt it.
  • kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    But where are those cars or bus heading to?
    You know there is no schools or workplaces (except the hospital, police station and science lab.) in TS4.
    I guess that I'd like to see schools and workplaces coming back first.
  • StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    TS2 had load screens and cars and buses. They would just drive out of driveways and disappear, then reappear at destination. The vehicle would sit out front until it was taken home again (or other places) What I liked about TS2, the time they got home would be the time they left, so the load screens wouldn't cause them to be happy and awake and needing bathrooms and showers and food when they got there unless they did b4 they left. They could stay away from home for as long as you make them and when they get back it is the same time and day as they left. Adding cars now in TS4, would take that much longer and if they were going on dates, the date would be almost over b4 they got together to have the date. The extra actions would lower their needs too much. So just have cars in drive or garage is enough.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Omg that picture is so tbt!! And I hope so it would make it feel just that extra bit more realistic and besides its been in the game since the sims... Only wish it's they make the cars look more modern though ;)
    giphy_1.gif
  • JayytaughtyouJayytaughtyou Posts: 90 Member
    I've played both console and PC, I loved the fact of having carpools and buses even if they lead to a loading screen. I'm fine with the loading screens but at least give us the little visual of carpools please!
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited April 2016
    I actually miss the school bus and carpools as well, every version of the sims series had it except Sims 4 if I'm not mistaken well except Sims Castaway.