Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Could The Sims 4 have originated to be a "Bustin Out" sequel?

jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
This is all speculation, and I'm just having fun.

Okay, so I've been looking around at some of the new stuff that was found today, with concept arts.
First thing I found was this;

MD_conceptart3.jpg

So this Neighbourhood did make it into the final game, but most of the "clutter" was replaced with other houses.
But where this house is now, is where Jonny Zest's house is, which is built as a trailer.

03-14-15_8-25%C2%A0PM-2.png

Now if you look at the concept art, it seems the concept artist was designing how this house should look on the outside AND the inside. Which is a little bit abnormal, if it was just a simple house. I don't imagine Devs make concept art for every house the build.

So this house was designed top to bottom via concept. If you read the descriptions to those two instagram posts, the artist said it was an interior and exterior of the same house.

Now looking at the concept art, you can see a blue car just outside the fence.
In The Sims Bustin Out, Dudley's trailer, had a car in the exact same blue, also outside the fence.

548133-914846_20040205_003.jpg

And in the actual game, the house this artist designed was replaced with a trailer, that has a very similar layout (not the same but similar) to Johnny Zest's house.

Now this is where it gets sort of interesting;

In Oct 2015, ChiChan posted information about the Sims 4 that said it was originally a spin off with a Story Mode, Freeplay Mode, and Online mode.
In the thread below, SimGuruMeatball confirmed he had worked with ChiChan and denied nothing of what ChiChan stated about the game.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/858721/leaked-early-gameplay-of-the-sims-4-new-information

SimGuruMeatball didn't deny a Story Mode or Online Mode in the game, as ChiChan stated, and instead he worked with ChiChan on the project.

The original Sims Bustin Out, also contained a Story Mode, Freeplay mode, and Online mode.

Also, the artsyle of The Sims Bustin Out and The Sims 4 are very similar, both being more "cartoony" and "stylised".

MTS_fozz2006-1181450-Comparision2ofShinyThingsLabinTheSimsBustinOutonPS2.jpg

So from what I can see, we already know that The Sims 4 had a story mode originally, and after seeing this concept art, there seems to be a definite resemblance to Dudley's trailer from The Sims Bustin Out, to this concept art, and what ended up as Johnny Zest's trailer instead.
Especially how the blue car appears in both screenshots.

Lastly, The Sims 4 originally feature Blue plum bobs, which were an exclusive to The Sims Bustin Out.

1606_3_3.JPG

As you can see in the first concept art, the blue plumbob was also featured in there as well, and the original marketing of the Sims 4.

Not to mention, the Sims 3 university features a green plumbob changing into a blue one as a "hint to whats next" which gives the hint the green plumbob would be changing into blue.

ltc4p3V.png

Which could easily be hinting/suggesting the return of the blue plumbob from The Sims Bustin Out.

What do you guys think? Does this seem like a reasonable thing to speculate, or is it all just very coincidental coincidences :p

Let's chat xD
Post edited by jackjack_k on

Comments

• PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Dunno, but I would really like some of that junky looking stuff in the game. I like the junk car and the tire pile, and I really like the jaggedy fence. I wouldn't mind a stuff pack with some less fancy items.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Emmy_SimsEmmy_Sims Posts: 324 Member
    Maybe it's true, maybe it's not. I understand that you only did that for fun, since this doesn't really matters.
    Jar Jar Binks is a Sith Lord
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Emmy_Sims wrote: »
    Maybe it's true, maybe it's not. I understand that you only did that for fun, since this doesn't really matters.

Well if it is true, than it does kind of matter. Because it further proves the Sims 4 was originally not a sequel to The Sims 3, which explains a lot.

We already have confirmation it was a spin off, online, and with a Story Mode. But to know exactly what the Spin Off was, gives us more information about what the game was trying to be originally, and helps players understand how the game is being turned around :)
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited March 2016
    Piperbird wrote: »
    Dunno, but I would really like some of that junky looking stuff in the game. I like the junk car and the tire pile, and I really like the jaggedy fence. I wouldn't mind a stuff pack with some less fancy items.

Also don't know and never played Bustin Out so I wouldn't have much input on that.

BUT I am SO on board with the idea of getting a junk SP for some grungy stuff.

ETA: dang autocorrect on my phone
    Post edited by ebuchala on
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • tonicmoletonicmole Posts: 121 Member
    The Sims 4 was already confirmed to have began life as an MMO. It was not originally designed as a sequel to Sims 3. It was also heavily influenced by MySims. I also agree that it's hard to ignore the general feel and look that the Sims 4 has in common with Bust'n Out, however I think this is all primarily due to the influence of MySims on The Sims 4 design.
    What's the deal with the creepy Sim in the yellow shirt, and glasses? The one right up there! I'm guessing what ever he is it starts with "serial".
  • DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    LOL, wouldn't doubt it.
    xo0yscju
  • CharlieGothCharlieGoth Posts: 192 Member
    This is actually really interesting because there are just so many coincidences! However, even if the game wasn't meant to be a 'sequel', I think they used some of those elements/inspiration from 'Bustin' Out'.
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    I love the concept arts. very beautiful
    As for TS4 being or not being a sequel to TS3 I would say it does not matter because I love TS4 way more than TS3
    I'm just hoping the developers will put more effort into making some good EPs and give the players what they are asking for.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Twilight32Twilight32 Posts: 165 Member
    In that case, i hope sims 5 wasn't made as a spin off, but as an actual sequel so that it would have much lots of features added into the game.
    tumblr_mwa83vkbtE1rs4459o1_400.gif
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I said quite some time back that 4 gives off a very strong Bustin' Out vibe. The way the sims and objects highlight when you mouse over them. The way achievements pop up. Definitely Dudley's trailer. These pics you just posted really enforce that feeling. I loved Bustin' Out and can't even begin to guess at the countless hours I spent playing that game, it was freaking awesome. I'd probably still be playing it if I still had the Playstation2. Lots of interesting info, it does explain a lot as far as why 4 is the way that it is.
  • Emmy_SimsEmmy_Sims Posts: 324 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Emmy_Sims wrote: »

Well if it is true, than it does kind of matter. Because it further proves the Sims 4 was originally not a sequel to The Sims 3, which explains a lot.

We already have confirmation it was a spin off, online, and with a Story Mode. But to know exactly what the Spin Off was, gives us more information about what the game was trying to be originally, and helps players understand how the game is being turned around :)

Good point.
    Jar Jar Binks is a Sith Lord
  • XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    edited March 2016
    This is not rumour, it's speculation.
    But i wouldn't be surprised.
    tenor.gif
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    I feel a lot of Sims Bustin Out and MySims vibes from TS4

I feel like it's leaning towards to Bustin Out with some of the decor and objects
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • AFerrari0908AFerrari0908 Posts: 65 Member
    Honestly I had never thought about it, but 🐸🐸🐸🐸 would I love another game like The Sims Bustin' Out on the console. The Sims 3 on console was probably the most disappointing out of all the console series. I generally enjoy all of the console Sims games because they have the goals and story.

Interesting theory though. Maybe we might get a console game similar to Bustin' Out in the future?
    Gallery: AFerrari0908
    Youtube: ButtonBudds
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    I would've loved a story mode!
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited March 2016
    No, it was to be a Sim Social/Sims online sequel. imo
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
  • praisespraises Posts: 66 Member
    This makes me miss Bustin' Out. :'(
  • ToblieToblie Posts: 3,099 Member
    I loved bustin' out.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    Man, I miss Bustin' Out. I remember playing it on my friend's GameBoy Advance when we were on the bus for a school field trip. :joy:
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    I don't see how this is a rumor. Maybe Johnny Zest was supposed to be Dudley Landgraab. He did change his name.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    No, it was to be a Sim Social/Sims online sequel. imo

But maybe on console online. And why it looks strangely familiar.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    edited March 2016
    I suspect it was going to be a more PC oriented version of Freeplay, but without the real life time limits that encourage you to pay real money out the wahzoo.....all online, multiplayer, which I suspect is why they had to standardize so much of the game, no CAST, no editable worlds, why it's so limited what players can do....everything had to match up with everyone's system, except whatever DLC one person had that another didn't have, would just show up as base game objects to whomever didn't have it.)
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    I suspect it was going to be a more PC oriented version of Freeplay, but without the real life time limits that encourage you to pay real money out the wahzoo.....all online, multiplayer, which I suspect is why they had to standardize so much of the game, no CAST, no editable worlds, why it's so limited what players can do....everything had to match up with everyone's system, except whatever DLC one person had that another didn't have, would just show up as base game objects to whomever didn't have it.)

I think the way the districts divided was so you could play in groups and everyone live in the same little area and they had to somehow get those to look more like PC games than they would for multiplayer.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • RubeeSimsRubeeSims Posts: 560 Member
    I don't see how this is a rumor. Maybe Johnny Zest was supposed to be Dudley Landgraab. He did change his name.

That's interesting but Dudley is Malcolm's son, and Malcolm starts Sims 4 as a teen, right? Younger than Johnny and also obviously.. unable to be his dad lol

I definitely see the influence from Bustin' Out in Sims 4 but it's not a "sequel" as the timelines are messed up lol. Malcolm is an adult in Bustin Out. And he's Mimi and Dudley's dad (I recreated them in Sims 4 as his kids lol)

I just bought a new PS2 recently so I could replay Bustin' Out as it's one of my favourite games. It's so fun. I love Bella and Mortimer in it, with their huge piano thing that they play ALL NIGHT and the seancé table. Such a good game :D If we get anymore Sims games on console I hope they're more like that, or The Urbz. Sims 3 on console really didn't work for me. Barely worked on PC either but you know what I'm saying :P
    Tumblr
    Add me on Origin: rubeelovegood
  • SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    Well, they are related but the game doesn't say how. Plus he isn't included on the family tree. Maybe he traveled back in time.