Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Forgetting the Past Challenge

kensgirl73kensgirl73 Posts: 212 Member
Hi everyone. I have spent so much time doing other's challenges that I decided to try my hand at creating one. Please note that I have not play tested this all the way but I wanted to post it so that if anyone else was interested in playing it, they can give their shot at it and then let me know how it goes.

This is a play off of the Rosebud Challenge created by EuphorialQueen. I hope she doesn't mind me revamping her challenge and making it a little different.

Premise of the challenge:

Once upon a time, there was a Sim (gender and looks completely open) who lived in squalor and had to beg for everything that they had when they were a child and teen. They didn't have a good home life and did not get along with their parents at all who only seemed interested in themselves and trying to live off the land. Meaning they did not work and all they relied on was gathering, harvesting, and fishing for income. They lived in the trailer in Oasis Springs (Slipshod Mesquite) and a tent outside where your Sim would sleep during the time of childhood until she moved out when she became a YA. When she was a teen, she would work as hard as possible at school and work a part time job to save up money so that she could get away as soon as possible and be able to make it on her own. The rules are simple and I hope fun to follow and makes the challenge a lot of fun. I'm not sure how long it will take to reach the final goal of a million simoleons for business and home value as I'm still play testing it myself. If anyone else would like to playtest it, please feel free to do so and let me know how it goes. I do plan on documenting the journey on my website.

Rules:
  • Start with aging on
  • Start with a family of three (mom, dad, and child of either gender, looks are completely up to you)
  • Move them onto an empty lot and use the money cheat to give them an extra 6K simoleons. It won't be quite 30K Simoleons until you get read to move them.
  • Evict the family in Slipshod Mesquite
  • Move your family to Slipshod Mesquite and purchase a tent for your child to sleep in. You will also need to purchase a double bed for the parents.
  • You are free to play all three members of the family but remember that your focus is on your child Sim.
  • Making money: Do not give your parents a job. You can only earn money through collecting, painting, writing, or crafting. The purpose is that your focus Sim has to have a reason to move out and make a better life for themselves.
  • Try to not age up to Teen until he/she has an A in grade school
  • Try to not age up early to YA as he/she will need to try and have as much money as possible (keep track of how much he/she earns in their part time job so that you can give them that much when they move out using the Money $ cheat)
  • While your focus Sim is a Teen, you are allowed to use a youth potion on him/her in order to allow the ability to make more money while at their part time job. The more money they make as a Teen, the more they will be able to start out with when they are on their own.
  • When he/she ages up to a YA, turn aging OFF, move them into the lowest lot available in Willow Springs (you can either start with a blank world or leave it as it is)
  • Bulldoze the biggest lot (if not already done), make it a commercial lot and then have your Sim purchase it. This will be their business/home lot
  • You will not need to go back to the original home lot your Sim purchased in Willow Springs; the bills should be for that lot only and will be very minimal
  • Start up your business. Your focus Sim will not be getting another job; however they are allowed to use other means to add to their bank such as collecting, painting, writing, or crafting. Anything that they do can be sold right away or you can use it in your business to sell to other Sims.
  • You can get married and have children. They can find jobs on their own but you will need to remember to age them up manually.
  • Please do not use the motherlode cheat as it takes away from the spirit of the challenge. Only use the money cheat to give her back the money that she earned when she was working as a teen.

Challenge Objectives:
  • Reach one million simoleons and earn the Rosebud achievement
  • Accomplish this in your Sim's lifetime.
  • The business can be make up of anything you want or a combination of many things. It's your choice.

Example Family and start:
  • Dad, Mom, child
  • Child ages to Teen after earning an "A"
  • While a teen, get a part time job. Keep track of the money that he/she earns while a teen
  • After aging to YA, move her out. She should move out with $20K; she will be able to keep this. Add the money that she made as a teen to her total after purchasing the home.
  • TURN AGING OFF AT THIS TIME
  • Bulldoze largest lot
  • Move her to the lot and start working on getting her business up and going
  • Marry and have children if you would like.
  • Earn a Million Simoleons
  • Challenge over

Please let me know if these do not make sense as it sounds differently in my head than what I'm afraid that I'm putting on paper.

Edit: to add a couple of things I forgot to mention

Edit: Clarify a couple of rules and rewrote them to hopefully have them make more sense. :)
Post edited by kensgirl73 on

Comments