Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wedding venue

I've seen in the previews and in pics sims getting married under a wedding arch in what looked like a park. Is there a wedding venue that I don't know about, or an arch in the park I haven't seen?
Origin Username: crayzeehappee
funny-game-glitch-sims-baby-leave.jpg

Comments

• crayzeehappeecrayzeehappee Posts: 676 Member
    bump
  • DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    there is a wedding arch! You can find it umm.......

hmm. I think it's under activities.

The same place you find chess tables and easels
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??
    Can you place it in the park?
  • litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    yes , go to the park, click build mode, place arch, get married
  • pr0x1mapr0x1ma Posts: 5,898 Member
    Yep. Whenever you want to get married anywhere, you've got to place the arch.

Other optional things to have at the weddings are music performers, a bartender and a caterer. You'll need to buy the bar, piano and stove/refrigerator for them, though.
    tumblr_mr2v3r8OEc1rsik0po1_400.gif
  • LovetoSimLovetoSim Posts: 70 Member
    I made my own park/Wedding venue. I say park because in order to be able to plan a wedding at my venue it had to be a park and have a playground and other things. Part of the venue is my profile pic
    Thanx. I'm excited for my sims to get married :)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Not only is there a several wedding arches I think 2 but you have the choice of putting just an arch on the lot in buymode or going to build mode and placing an arch that comes with chairs for guest to sit at.

Also OP if your sims are already married you can click on the arch to renew your vows and to fantasize about a wedding. ;)

I had Bella and Morty renew thier vows and they get a moodlet too. They also exchange rings and there is that wedding arch kiss with confettie.
  • mooredt21mooredt21 Posts: 1,105 Member
    If you check the outdoor styled rooms there is a "room"with an arch and chairs that you can just set up for your wedding.
    <----LOQUACIOUS LURKER HERE

***Please bring back Sims 2 style storytelling features and make them publishable.***
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    pr0x1ma wrote: »
    Yep. Whenever you want to get married anywhere, you've got to place the arch.

Unless you elope :) I took my couple today to the park to elope by the fountain. It was lovely :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • LovetoSimLovetoSim Posts: 70 Member
    I tried to post pictures of the venue i made.. it said they would upload shortly but it seems like they didn't. I guess I will try to repost them
  • dnmartyndnmartyn Posts: 282 Member
    edited September 2014
    There are quite a few neat wedding venues that have been uploaded to the gallery as well. I put one into an empty lot in my game, and am so excited to use it. Luckily, I have a sim whose romance is currently picking up speed, so I should get to use it soon.
  • NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    mooredt21 wrote: »
    If you check the outdoor styled rooms there is a "room"with an arch and chairs that you can just set up for your wedding.

Oh, thanks! This is wonderful news. Most of my sims have been eloping since the one wedding I tried to plan was a fiasco. Now I can have actual weddings. :)
  • Banksy33Banksy33 Posts: 243 Member
    Hey,
    Yeah you can find the wedding arch and place it on a community lot, however there are some great wedding venues people have made. I've noticed leaving the lot type as generic I seem to not be able to plan a wedding on the lot so I've saved mine as a lounge.
    But here's some screens!

Happy Endings Chapel!
    #wedding #church #chapel

flp5Yei.jpg

KJ9cTAA.jpg

K8OilkF.jpg

Enjoy ;)
  • Kuypers125Kuypers125 Posts: 781 Member
    Banksy33 wrote: »
    Hey,
    Yeah you can find the wedding arch and place it on a community lot, however there are some great wedding venues people have made. I've noticed leaving the lot type as generic I seem to not be able to plan a wedding on the lot so I've saved mine as a lounge.
    But here's some screens!

Happy Endings Chapel!
    #wedding #church #chapel

Enjoy ;)

Just an FYI, setting it as a lounge means that Elder-Sims are going to gather there, so Elder-phobic Simmers probably aren't going to DL your Church.

And by Elder-phobic, I mean the Simmers who have such a big problem with Elder-Sims, that they start threads to complain about seeing one at a Lounge Venue or even just out in the World, or repeatedly talk about how they delete all the Elder-Sims from their Games
  • dnmartyndnmartyn Posts: 282 Member
    edited September 2014
    Bumping this to add some screen shots of the wedding venue I downloaded in action. I saved it as a nightclub when I placed it on a lot, so there were a couple of wedding crashers, but they actually fit right in and sort of added to the whole feel.
    09-13-14_9-14nbspPM-2_zpsddba9df2.png
    09-13-14_9-13nbspPM-2_zps0262aaba.png
    09-13-14_9-08nbspPM-4_zpsdf728c17.png
  • Vicks06Vicks06 Posts: 728 Member
    Do people use the park lot to build Venues like this? I might make a new game just to build some cool venues
    ||Origin Name: VicksLouise||UK Simmer||Simmer since 2000||My Fanart||My Gallery||
  • mooredt21mooredt21 Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited September 2014
    I love the wedding chapel. What is the easiest way to find it in the gallery?
    Post edited by mooredt21 on
    <----LOQUACIOUS LURKER HERE

***Please bring back Sims 2 style storytelling features and make them publishable.***
  • dixieangel550dixieangel550 Posts: 779 Member
    Banksy33 wrote: »
    Hey,
    But here's some screens!

Happy Endings Chapel!
    #wedding #church #chapel

Enjoy ;)

OHHHHHH!! I need this!
    QPs2LMU.jpg
  • AlourraAlourra Posts: 492 Member
    I find it easiest to disguise wedding venues as museums. You can hide a cluster of very small paintings on an inner wall, decorate it with a few sculptures, add a bathroom, an easel, and the requirements are met. :) I just shared one earlier on my showcase thread.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    LovetoSim wrote: »
    I made my own park/Wedding venue. I say park because in order to be able to plan a wedding at my venue it had to be a park and have a playground and other things. Part of the venue is my profile pic

I just finished with my own wedding venue too. I overhauled the museum in Willow Creek because I don't need two museums.
  • DarkF7ameDarkF7ame Posts: 1 New Member
    > @dnmartyn said:
    > Bumping this to add some screen shots of the wedding venue I downloaded in action. I saved it as a nightclub when I placed it on a lot, so there were a couple of wedding crashers, but they actually fit right in and sort of added to the whole feel.

Is there an easy way find this venue? Is there a certain hashtag I could use in the gallery to easily find it?
    It is super cute!