Re: [OPEN] Sims water the same plants repeatedly

by helenthehunter

Original Post

Re: [TO ADD] Sims water the same plants repeatedly

★★ Pro
My sim is 10 at gardening skill and completed gardening aspiration but he is doing endless watering on only trash plant.
Message 11 of 38 (1,367 Views)

★★★ Novice
Same here Sim keeps walking between two plants.

I tried spacing them all out over my whole backyard and still, she walks between two plants...

Really annoying..
Message 12 of 38 (1,329 Views)

★★ Guide

I had this with a brand new level 1 gardener in a brand new unmodded game.  She joined the garden gnomes and started a gathering at her place and Moira could properly water the plants with the soil changing colour and water option disabled.  At level 2 she got the 'water all' option and could water the plants again.   A second test showed that going into build mode and moving the plants or planter forced the plants to correctly show their watered status and the option to water them was grayed out.

It feels a bit like the friendship bug where the friendship level wouldn't register until you moved location.

Work Around: water them all, then use build mode to pick up move and put down the plants or planter (if used) until the soil changes colour, then return to live mode.

Win 10 64 bit

All EP except Seasons

All GP

BY, KS,RG,CK,S SP

Message 13 of 38 (1,305 Views)

★ Guide

Since the 06/19 update, I have this problem:
In the science lab (scientific career), sims that garden will water the same two plants for hours, and the other plants eventually die. My sim planted mushrooms (still in the lab) and it never grew for more than a small white sprout. 
(I don't have Seasons installed)

Message 14 of 38 (1,272 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Spliced plants don't show plant

[ Edited ]
Hero

• Plants inside a planter box can now receive water again.

A fix in Patch 1.44.83

Taking feedback if that's all there is or if there's till issues with this

Putting this back to open

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 38 (1,491 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm still having this issue. In square and circle planters indoors. It got better after the update, but it's still happening.

Message 16 of 38 (1,208 Views)

Hero

Hi @naturalaegyo

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 38 (1,192 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Sims water the same plants repeatedly

★★ Novice

Why does this say [FIXED] this issue is still happening. The patch didnt fix it. My sims game is having the same issue.

My sim keeps watering the same plant over and over still.

Message 18 of 38 (1,175 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Sims water the same plants repeatedly

[ Edited ]
Hero

Cause it's supposed to be fixed and there's only been one report so far of it not, so I need data.

Did you update your game ? Could you be willing to share your save ?

Changing to needs input for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 38 (1,160 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims water the same plants repeatedly

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have this issue on public lots only, not on my own lot. Happens to my sims with various level of gardening skill (varies from level 2 to level 10), my sim will water the same plant or the same 2 plants side by side over and over again and the plant doesn't seems to have been watered at all. I had this issue in the huge lot in San Myshuno, in the Sylvan Glades and also on a third lot as well but I cannot remember which one (except that it was a public lot).

It is not an issue caused by mods as I'm playing on a new save that never had mods in it. Even uninstalled and reinstalled the game with no change. There are A LOT of bugs going on since they removed the cheats to "protect us", more bugs than I usually see after an update... Oh well... 

Message 20 of 38 (1,133 Views)