Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

True Blood!

I know this pack reminds people of Twilight (for anyone who hasn't heard, there WILL be glitter >:/ ), and I saw a Supernatural thread a while back, and I'm guessing from the Sims fanbase there will probably be more Harry Potter and Vampire Diaries then ever, cause witches and such, but for me this pack SCREAMS True Blood.

Everytime a new episode comes out all I can think of is how I can't wait to have a vampire authority, and a Lilith, and the strip-tease fairies with Sookie (maybe part fairy, part human) Alseed's werepack, and Lafaet (probably spelling all these names wrong :P) being a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and the witches of Bon Tomp all running around Twinbrook (the sims version of Mississippi and as south and swamp as it has been)
Ahh it shall be awesome.
I plan to create my own little war between the supes and the red necks.
And have Merlot's bar.

Anyone else feeling the True Blood vibe from all this?
Especially cause of the fairies: I swear they're modeled from the true blood ones!

318246_422935631061412_149592430_n.jpg

0.jpg

Do you see?! Do you see the exact same shirt :mrgreen:

Comments

• Options
    kioukamikioukami Posts: 117
    edited August 2012
    oo....they do look alike dont they? o.o Im just pretending the sparkles are the essence of a true fashion fanatic x3
  • Options
    cheerfulangel2cheerfulangel2 Posts: 2,037
    edited August 2012
    The shirts do look alike which scares me!! :-o
  • Options
    ScreamForRavenScreamForRaven Posts: 132 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I know, first thing I plan on doing is making Bill, Sookie and Eric.
    I <3 Lafayette though c;
  • Options
    xWednesdayxxWednesdayx Posts: 2,478 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I love True Blood! =) I never noticed the similarities between the two. That's great. Maybe it will take some of the focus off of Twilight.
  • Options
    TtnFn04TtnFn04 Posts: 1,727 New Member
    edited August 2012
    True Blood has fairies? I had no idea (I don't watch the show).
  • Options
    ecole44ecole44 Posts: 509 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I'm really hoping that fairy blood gives a special moodlet to vampires!
  • Options
    turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited August 2012
    remember in the show .. when the witch put a spell on pam to make her face riot .. and all you hear is "what.. we have zombies now too" LOL.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited August 2012
    TtnFn04 wrote:

Yes, True Blood does have fairies, they have two different looks. One is very pretty, but when you see their true form, they are very ugly.

Here is a picture of a few from the show;
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrn_aX0V8CUYKo-1aET6g66DXAuSU_bXEPWlPTaNE7rTSJKzkPdQ

True-Blood-4.01-3.jpg
  • Options
    Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    edited August 2012
    LaBlue0314 wrote:
    TtnFn04 wrote:

Yes, True Blood does have fairies, they have two different looks. One is very pretty, but when you see their true form, they are very ugly.

Here is a picture of a few from the show;
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrn_aX0V8CUYKo-1aET6g66DXAuSU_bXEPWlPTaNE7rTSJKzkPdQ

True-Blood-4.01-3.jpg

That's what the zombie-fairy would look like lol! :)
  • Options
    Jillyson_Twozaks_1Jillyson_Twozaks_1 Posts: 3,334 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I may be wrong, but I believe that man is the same fairy in both pics - the "Human" version in the vest, and the true fairy version above the girls. (at least in the story, it's supposed to be)

I've been stockpiling the best versions of all the True Blood characters, buildings, clutter, T-shirts, etc. I can't wait for SN!
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited August 2012
    I really don't like the way the writers have treated fairies in the show. In the books, when in fairy form, they are supposed to be almost too beautiful to look at but they show a human form to most people. There is also a much more complex story to them than on the show. HBO has just taken bits and pieces from their story.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    eatinglikeasim3012eatinglikeasim3012 Posts: 484 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I really don't like the way the writers have treated fairies in the show. In the books, when in fairy form, they are supposed to be almost too beautiful to look at but they show a human form to most people. There is also a much more complex story to them than on the show. HBO has just taken bits and pieces from their story.

Well you cant expect from a show or movie to have as much as the book(s)

plus where would they find actors "too beautiful to look at"??Sure in the books you dont see them but the show is on tv they must show them so adaptions and changes are bound to happen

OT:cant wait to have true blood on my game!! i wont create any character cause i cant and for some reason i dont like downloading sims but i found a really good fangtasia and i'll use the story(people will only know about vampires and vamps will hunt fairies :twisted: etc)

I'll also have two kinds of fairies the good looking flirty and the green/plantsim that will live in the forests
  • Options
    turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited August 2012

Well you cant expect from a show or movie to have as much as the book(s)

plus where would they find actors "too beautiful to look at"??Sure in the books you dont see them but the show is on tv they must show them so adaptions and changes are bound to happen

OT:cant wait to have true blood on my game!! i wont create any character cause i cant and for some reason i dont like downloading sims but i found a really good fangtasia and i'll use the story(people will only know about vampires and vamps will hunt fairies :twisted: etc)

I'll also have two kinds of fairies the good looking flirty and the green/plantsim that will live in the forests

im glad they went away from the books, its more harder for people to spoil the story for others. .and be fun to watch again for people who watch the book..

i know im redo tara, add pam, sookie, eric, sam, luna, jessica and jason .. and have to get an fangtasia and link to sam's bar
  • Options
    Citrina5Citrina5 Posts: 1,252 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Actually the fairies are inspired by Tinkerbell, thats have why they shrink in the size, have glowing wings, sprinkle fairy dusnt on normal sim and make them fly!
  • Options
    eatinglikeasim3012eatinglikeasim3012 Posts: 484 New Member
    edited August 2012
    turistas9 wrote:
    have to get an fangtasia and link to sam's bar

http://www.sims3adventure.com/bontemps.htm
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited August 2012
    A designer named Rinirae made great Sookie and Sam sims:

headshot_large.jpg

headshot_large.jpg

I really LOVE Gngrsnp's designs. She made Lafayette's house and Tara's mom's house.

Lafayette's house:

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Tara's Mom's house:

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Aren't they fun? I think Gngrsnp nailed Lafayette's house, lol.

The True Blood design thread is here. It has tons of great stuff.
  • Options
    mitsuhoneymitsuhoney Posts: 1,000 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Youre so right about this! I cannot wait to make me a Claude Fairy he is so cute! :)

I am planning to make Merlott's Bar too very soon, maybe I could upload it to the exchange when I complete it.
  • Options
    girlformergirlformer Posts: 231 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I'm not even sure of what True Blood is, but it's great that the fans are pleased :) Maybe I should get into it just to be excited about that, lol.