Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Well this is lame! >:( thanks Maxis Team

"One last thing to mention, vampires have a new immortal lifetime happiness reward that has a number of effects. Having this reward will completely stop them from aging, allow them to be in the sun without any penalties, will never have them be rejected when taking a drink of blood from another Sim and will need less plasma in order to survive. However, side effects of this reward may include slight sparkles…!"

WTH! Why did you do this?! Maxis?
Its bad enough you have sparkle in the Sun Screen but there sparkle in our reward? This is completely WACKED!

Thanks you guys! Good looking out for your fan... I guess i'll stick to my regular vampire until the mods create a way to get rid of the glitter.

Once i again freaking Twilight i swear!

Comments

• beastcam1beastcam1 Posts: 952 Member
    edited August 2012

I have to agree. I hate sparkly vampires. But your vampires in Supernatural don't HAVE to sparkle... they can just be out in the sun for short periods of time without using sunscreen or better yet, not go out during the daytime at all. If you want your vampire to be immortal, they will sparkle: which this is where my annoyance comes in. Both sunscreen and immortality cause them to sparkle, but with all of the wonderful things supernatural includes; I can't complain.

However I think its just odd that when Late Night come out, a popular topic was how relieved people are that the vampires did not sparkle. I don't understand why EA would want to add that in unless they are trying to appeal to twilight fans. The majority of people who have spoken up about this issue, however, seem to disapprove of it. So if there are twilighty-sim-fans out there, I watch like a hawk and I haven't seen them.

Still, the only thing we non-sparkling vampire sims can do is stay inside during the day, and hope that the new parasol included in Seasons will protect vampires from Sunlight. :?

11214097_1612418725701927_822627218776693780_n.jpg?oh=127705e00ae1fd059d1e5266630299b5&oe=5619A988
  • cheerfulangel2cheerfulangel2 Posts: 2,037
    edited August 2012
    Come on sparkles arnt that bad i bet everyone just hates them cause they have twighlights name on them cant we all just foget that. :?
  • Citrina5Citrina5 Posts: 1,252 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Come on sparkles arnt that bad i bet everyone just hates them cause they have twighlights name on them cant we all just foget that. :?

No everyone hates Twilight because of the sparkles. I mean come on vampires are meant to be scary, they are like dark creatures of the night they are meant to be in horror movies for frick sake not in love drama sparking like pansies.

Sorry I know I keep complaining, but this really angers me at the mo
  • simsfan95173simsfan95173 Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited August 2012
    IT'S JUST SPARKLE! BIG FU*CKING DEAL!
  • fuuunyfuuuny Posts: 219 New Member
    edited August 2012
    It's really not that big of a deal. Just sparkles....
  • Vasculio294Vasculio294 Posts: 738 Member
    edited August 2012
    Citrina5 wrote:

No everyone hates Twilight because of the sparkles. I mean come on vampires are meant to be scary, they are like dark creatures of the night they are meant to be in horror movies for frick sake not in love drama sparking like pansies.

I know... and the sad part is, that we're like the minority of this debate. For the longiest time people on the forum would state there opinion on how uncool it is to make vampires glow, age and ask permission to bite...
    So whois glittery idea was this anyway? :roll:
  • MaraJade02MaraJade02 Posts: 316
    edited August 2012
    can i say something -_- everyone was happy with SN until you talk about twilight SO PLEASE don't say about it

i don't wanna start a argument tho so im not going to speak on this forum again
  • beastcam1beastcam1 Posts: 952 Member
    edited August 2012
    MaraJade02 wrote:
    can i say something -_- everyone was happy with SN until you talk about twilight SO PLEASE don't say about it

Agreed.

11214097_1612418725701927_822627218776693780_n.jpg?oh=127705e00ae1fd059d1e5266630299b5&oe=5619A988
  • tttessatttessa Posts: 302
    edited August 2012
    I am slighty disappointed by this, but the LTR comes packed with awesome features so i don't mind a little bit of sparkling.
    edited August 2012
    Citrina5 wrote:

I know... and the sad part is, that we're like the minority of this debate. For the longiest time people on the forum would state there opinion on how uncool it is to make vampires glow, age and ask permission to bite...
    So whois glittery idea was this anyway? :roll:

Tell me about it....

And for those who don't like complaining well since were swearing Il say this tough 🐸🐸🐸🐸 because this forum is about expressing your opinion and heck I will use this privilege and give EA a peace of my mind, if you don't like complaining then go else where, because what to you might not seem like a big deal to other it might be.

The thing I don't get is that with Late Night people where freaking out because no one wanted them sparkle and EA sow this, but they still added something that no one wanted.
    edited August 2012
    Citrina5 wrote:

iguess i can get what you mean by that but vampires can still be scary just in a slightly different way we have to look at the plus sparkles is a tiny fraction there is so much more to the game that were getting sparkles are the last thing on my mind.
    edited August 2012
    Citrina5 wrote:

iguess i can get what you mean by that but vampires can still be scary just in a slightly different way we have to look at the plus sparkles is a tiny fraction there is so much more to the game that were getting sparkles are the last thing on my mind.

Yeah I can imagine that happening victim: Oh no the sparkles...they make my eyes burn...Nooooooo!!!

On a serious note I love SN, but I dislike that they messed up with vampires. I know I will get over it and still get the game ( com on its probably the best sims 3 ep) but still it bugs me. I just hope the moders can help people like me yet again.
  • Vasculio294Vasculio294 Posts: 738 Member
    edited August 2012
    MaraJade02 wrote:

Oh don't get me wrong!
    I still love this expansion pack and i plan on getting it.
    I'm just let down that maxis would take this level of humor this far... Twilight fans don't speak for the rest of us. Vampires are nowhere in the catagory of fairies and unicorns. So i find this offensive. Just because someone steps outside the box once in awhile doesn't mean we all should follow. Stephine Meyers direction should stay HER direction and should not be mimiced.

But anyway i'll always have the mods to look forward too. Peace

• FlawlessAriaFlawlessAria Posts: 1,476 New Member
    edited August 2012
    tttessa wrote:
    I am slighty disappointed by this, but the LTR comes packed with awesome features so i don't mind a little bit of sparkling.

True

I'm not that bothered
    Sims has its little quirks...
    I mean we all hated celebrities and paparazzi but we manned up and played through the pain!
    Be Strong
    It's only sparkles!
    edited August 2012
    I HATE YOU LIAM :evil:
    edited August 2012
    Liam :roll: :evil:
  • Feather91Feather91 Posts: 2,132 Member
    edited August 2012
    I hate those sparkles. Vampires aren't supposed to be all cute and glittery! If fairies had a sparkle I would understand, but this is all because of Twilight. Most people don't even like Twilight, so I don't get why they would make our vampires sparkle.
    tumblr_nabfikC3DM1snecxgo2_400.gif
  • LakrossLakross Posts: 1,577 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I HATE YOU LIAM :evil:
    Same, I'll make him pay :twisted:

Yeah I don't want my vampires in the sunlight anyway so sparkles won't bother me. But thanks to mods making them immortal won't be a problem. Think I've seen a mod that even has the sun burn them....I think :/
    edited August 2012
    Citrina5 wrote:
    Citrina5 wrote:

Yeah I can imagine that happening victim: Oh no the sparkles...they make my eyes burn...Nooooooo!!!

On a serious note I love SN, but I dislike that they messed up with vampires. I know I will get over it and still get the game ( com on its probably the best sims 3 ep) but still it bugs me. I just hope the moders can help people like me yet again.

Im sure they will if they get enough rants which im sure is suceeded. I can see why people hate it i dont know if i like it because i really dont play with vampires im more into the faires and fortune telling lol. :D
  • NeonivekNeonivek Posts: 1,373 Member
    edited August 2012
    However, side effects of this reward may include slight sparkles…!"

What the heck this is terrible!

Don't get me wrong it isn't terrible because I dislike Twilight. This has nothing to do with twilight.

This is terrible because it is annoying! It will very quickly annoy people who are tired of seeing sparkles all the time.
  • xWednesdayxxWednesdayx Posts: 2,478 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Yeah, I'm not too enthused about the sparkles. Isn't there another lifetime reward that causes sparkles? Eye-candy or something? The sparkly glittery simmies hurt my eyes. -_-

=p
    edited August 2012

Im sure they will if they get enough rants which im sure is suceeded. I can see why people hate it i dont know if i like it because i really dont play with vampires im more into the faires and fortune telling lol. :D

Oh I always make my sim a vampire because of glowing eyes and that funny face expression when they got a taste of plasma from another sim :lol: oh and also they fangs are so cute. :mrgreen:
  • NeonivekNeonivek Posts: 1,373 Member
    edited August 2012
    Yeah, I'm not too enthused about the sparkles. Isn't there another lifetime reward that causes sparkles? Eye-candy or something? The sparkly glittery simmies hurt my eyes. -_-

=p

Yep and guess what. People were really annoyed at Eye Candy too

And eye candy was SUPPOSED to only be about the sparkles (it had another minor effect).

This is supposed to essentially turn a Vampire into those mythological Elder Vampires who have stripped away the weakenesses of their kind.

and now they Sparkle all the time.
  • Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited August 2012
    I don't know why everyone is like "We Want the REAL Scary Vampires"! Have you ever seen a Vampire? No! For all we know if there our real Vampires out there they could be the Sparkly, Depressed Teens kind -_-

I don't see why everyone is getting upset, I will still use this reward, I think it's funny. I mean you guys are getting to annoyed about a stupid little feature that resembles a book/movie franchise! :\
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited August 2012
    If it is a lifetime reward, you don't have to do it. Are you familiar with the word "optional"?