Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This game is boring now

it's lost it's appeal. i'm trying to start a fire in the house but instead of dying in it, the sims run away. I want some DRAMA, and I'm not getting my drama, so I don't think I will be playing this game anymore. :(

Comments

• xWednesdayxxWednesdayx Posts: 2,478 New Member
    edited August 2012
    They can't escape the fire if you delete the doors and wait for it to spread. It might take a couple of tries, but it works.
  • Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,901 Member
    edited August 2012
    Ok, I'll try that. Thanks. :D
  • Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,901 Member
    edited August 2012
    Didn't work, they just kept moving away from the fire and the fire was entiguishing itself. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted but I can't play a drama-free game. Just too boring. Thanks for the suggestion though.
  • efcroninefcronin Posts: 1,050 New Member
    edited August 2012
    That's too bad, it stinks when a game gets played out. I quit playing the Sims for a few years but recently jumped back in and am having a blast.

I see a Legacy in your sig - maybe that is burning you out? Have you thought of trying something different like a Rainbowcy, an Uglacy or a Prettacy? There are a ton of different ways to play the game. I follow a couple Sims legacies where they are thieves - meaning the Sims in the Legacy have the klepto trait and the only things they own are what can be stolen. Its very fun to read and I bet to play, as well.

Do you have all the EPs? If not, try getting a new one. That helps by adding new actions and content. Heck, with Supernatural just around the corner, there is going to be a ton more to do - so many new life states. Maybe take a break until that comes out (or Seasons in Nov.) and see if that revives it for you.
  • evilkyttievilkytti Posts: 2,854 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Make a male Sims and see who many townies you can get pregnant, the baby/babies lives with the mother. See how big you can get your family tree.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited August 2012
    I know what you mean. I have pre-ordered Supernatural and I have so many things I want to do with it that I am having a real hard time sticking with any game file for very long. I am working on a project to where I am putting Bridgeport through a major make over. I wished I could do it with CAW, but that thing just keeps crashing on me, no idea why.

I have all the EPs and SPs except for the last two SPs. At this point in time with Bridgeport I have added the rabbit holes that have came with the different disk that I have.

I just got finished building a motel, with a 70's feel to it, it is now setting on the same lot as where the science lab use to be.

I don't know which EPs you have, but here are some things beside what I just mentioned that you can do.

If you have Generations, you can see how man sims you can get your sim romantically involved with before they get busted by a bunch of angry sims. I did that once with Beau Merrick, and lets just say the guy did not go home. When he did I was shocked that his girlfriend never even had a clue of what he did. They ended up getting married, and because of what he did, it was just to dangerous for him to go anywhere except for work.

If you have Late Night, you can see if you can prevent your sim from becomming a celebrity. I have done it, so it is possible, but very hard. I don't know how I did it, but I had one sim who's exboyfriend and daughter were both celebrities and she managed to not become one herself.

Get your sim to the top of the Criminal Career, in the Evil Branch. They will get a very awsome red aura about them when anyone they don't really care about comes to close to them. It goes off like a warning, "Get Back".

See how many enemies your sim can make, and or how much stuff they can steal.

Get your sim to the top of the Culinary Career, they will get a refridgeator, and the food kept in it will never spoil ever, plus they will get a really nice mood boost for having it.

Grow a perfect garden, while learning every recipee that your sim can learn. If you have World Adventure, you can work at getting the perfect Nectar. If you have Late Night become the best Mixologist. Better yet if you have all those, see about your sim becoming the best when it comes to all of it.

Those are some things that I have done in the past.
  • AllylovesBBAllylovesBB Posts: 181 New Member
    edited August 2012
    MTS has a thing called dexter the bear that lets you uh end other sims, and if you get the assassination mod from nraas it adds onto it.... it might add some drama for you
  • imahippyyoimahippyyo Posts: 1,146 New Member
    edited August 2012
    MTS has a thing called dexter the bear that lets you uh end other sims, and if you get the assassination mod from nraas it adds onto it.... it might add some drama for you
    Haha I love this mod! My dad made me get rid of it though... Note to self: Don't use Dexter the Bear in front of your family. :?
  • turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited August 2012
    also a mod to get you guns. and make such. .think you need to look for things too do.. the game not boring. your just doing the same thing over and over again.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited August 2012
    I have a world, Grey Meadow by Quailhogs that is a dreary sort of place...anywho, I'm slowly making everyone a vampire. The most evil vamp I have drinks the paparazzi, so they mostly leave him alone. :lol: I never knew evil could be so much fun.

You probably need to try something different...that's what makes this game so special, so many different ways of playing. :-)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited August 2012
    I'm just about to tear my hair out from having 2 sets of twin girls and 1 teenager and the mum and dad are still married, he's a cop, and she's a teacher, well, she's had so many days off from having a huge family, and she wants another one? boy, I've got some work to do!! Lol! :)
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited August 2012
    @ imahippyyo and AllylovesBB............be careful what you post. You might want to edit or delete your posts. I've gotten a reprimand letter from the forums for posting about things that raise the game rating.

To the OP....check out the mods at NRaas. It helped my game play a lot. If you get the master controller it will allow you to raise skill levels very quickly and you'll be able to use some of the career mods right away.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited August 2012
    Dont quit sims 3 there is wayy to much to do..I still find ways to amuse myself ,like painting naughty pics of my female sim friends and hanging them in the bedroom my wife sleeps with me in.Then for giggles I make her view them..haha :twisted:
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited August 2012
    Also buy up the town and instead of upgrades turn it into trashville and then become a stylist and turn the whole town into trashy nasty ugly sims except your family then you can hog all the good genetics.While they have babies that make you run for a toilet when you see thier faces. :lol:
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • KizzyLoveKizzyLove Posts: 1,710 Member
    edited August 2012
    I just created a couple in Bridgeport one day and let things progress. I had no idea it would end up the way it did! They had their first child, Faith. But then the mom, Claire, had an affair with Matthew Hamming (not my original plan) and got pregnant! Her husband found out and kicked her out with the baby.

So Claire shows up at Matthew's mansion pregnant with his child, and with her ex-husband's daughter. Their baby turns out to be twins, a boy and girl. I named them Pierce and Patricia. Faith felt uncomfortable around everyone and went to Smugsworth Prep to escape. In the meantime, Claire and Matthew got pregnant again. This time with a girl, Delilah.

When Faith became a teenager, her classmates started bullying her at boarding school and she asked to come home. Things were very different! She became a sort of care taker because Claire decided to go back to work as a teacher and Delilah was still a toddler.

Today, their kids are now adults. And Claire and Matthew moved out and have one last kid, Chase. Faith became a director. Pierce is a rock star and in a band with his twin, Patricia. Patricia is a writer and plays the piano in the band, The Ham Siblings. Delilah is a sports athlete.