Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zoo U Course: Building Tombs! Guest Lecturer: Lissykin! ViewAll Lessons Now! (see post 1)

Comments

• Kryst51Kryst51 Posts: 2,073 Member
    edited August 2012
    I hope everything's OK, and I am glad you are here!
  • LissykinLissykin Posts: 2,791 Member
    edited August 2012
    Lesson One: Torches and Doors
    Hi! I’m Lissykin. I’m a fairly experienced builder/designer of all things simmie. When World Adventures was released, it really got my creative ideas flowing. Traveling to each destination and thoroughly searching every tomb became a mini obsession. Through trial and error, I learned to create my own tombs, and I’d like to share the benefit of my experiences with you! Let’s get started, shall we? 
    To keep things uniform for each of us, I asked that you download and install the lot Forgotten Sepulchre. If you haven’t done this, please do so now. I have used other EP/SP other than the Base Game and World Adventures, but not to worry! Some of the objects will be replaced with proxies; this will not affect the ability to create the tomb. Okay, so with that finished, let’s begin!
    edited August 2012
    I'm downloading now!
    edited August 2012
    After loading your neighborhood, please go into Edit Mode and select the Forgotten Sepulchre lot. Now, select build/buy mode.
    Here we are!
    ForgottenEntry.png

The exterior is partially complete (you may choose to add more gravestones, trees, and spawnable items later), so we are focusing on the interior and creating some tomb features. I have already placed a secret rotating door; you can see it as it looks blurry against the wall. Several torches are placed around the room. For the sake of the tutorial, our focus is going to be on the torch on the rear wall next to the secret door.
    The trick to creating a tomb is understanding how the game creates the triggers that cause behaviors. Remember: First set the trigger, and then the behavior.
    So, please open the cheat window (ctl+shift+c). Enter testingcheatsenabled true .
  • sharonxyzsharonxyz Posts: 811 Member
    edited August 2012
    I never learned the in-game notification window, so I will be minimizing game to forum and back as needed, hope this works. Take all the time you need, Lissy :)
    edited August 2012
    It's downloading as corrupt, as a save as,.... and It won't install when I add to game.
  • priscapuppriscapup Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited August 2012
    Forgot to load my game... took all this time to do so!
    edited August 2012
    To keep things running smooth, you may want to put your game into windowed mode temporarily to help ease the transition from game to desktop. That's what I'm doing... ;)
    I'll give everyone a bit more time to get settled in game. :)
  • ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited August 2012
    Kryst51 wrote:
    It's downloading as corrupt, as a save as,.... and It won't install when I add to game.

That isn't the lot. The Exchange is having BIG problems right now. If you wait awhile it will download just fine (provided they get it fixed).

If you can't download and do the lesson as Lissykin does it, just read and follow along and ask questions about anything that isn't clear.

Later, when the Exchange will cooperate you can try all the steps on your own.
    oow785m
    edited August 2012
    Lissy, the first room and the torch nearest the male figure, correct? I do have buydebug on
    edited August 2012
    Oh no Kryst! :( I'm not sure what could be the problem.

Is anyone else having trouble?

Edit:
    Thanks Zoo! I totally forgot about that issue going on as of late.

@Sharon: You can use any torch in the room. For the sake of the lesson, I'm using the one behind the female statue.
    edited August 2012
    Yay I got it, installing and loading game now. I'm sorry!
    edited August 2012
    My computer doesn't learn easily, so hitting windows and then resuming game from task bar works well for me, not advising anyone else of course, we all have different systems.
    edited August 2012
    Lissykin wrote:
    Oh no Kryst! :( I'm not sure what could be the problem.

Is anyone else having trouble?

People were complaining in team e-mail, Lissykin. It is the Exchange (it had the same problem about a week ago). Everything is showing as corrupt and won't download.

It will get fixed in awhile.

Just go ahead with your lesson and we may have people who have to read and follow but wait to actually try it on their own.
    oow785m
  • JediArielJediAriel Posts: 4,870 Member
    edited August 2012
    buydebug???
    edited August 2012
    Okee dokee. :)

Now, please press and hold the ctl+shift keys, and left click the torch. A menu will pop up offering several options; click Enable Lever. The torch is now the trigger.

EnableLever.png

@JediAriel: Once you've entered testingcheatsenabled true, you open the cheat window a second time and enter buydebug.
    In buy mode, you should see an additional category with a ?. That's the one with the tomb building items in it. :)

edited August 2012
    The exchange is wacky of late. Lissy has a clean studio and no CC so I can feel comfortable just adding to game...I have a short list of creators who are CC free always :)
    edited August 2012
    JediAriel wrote:
    buydebug???

Yes, that is where the Tomb stuff is.

First open the cheat window and type in "testingCheatsEnabled true" (without the quote marks) and enter it.

Then open the cheat window again and type in "buyDebug on" (without the quotes) and enter again.

See the extra icon when in Buy Mode? It looks like a question mark. Click it and the first tab has the tomb stuff.
    oow785m
    edited August 2012
    Lissy, I lOVE opening new menus!! I'm odd ;) Torch trigger enabled :D
  • JediArielJediAriel Posts: 4,870 Member
    edited August 2012
    Thank you. I must have missed that part. Sorry. :oops:
    edited August 2012
    you didn't miss it, some have used cheats for longer than forever :D
    edited August 2012
    Awesome! :D

Then shift+click the door. Select Add the ability to add triggers and activated behaviors. Now the door is the behavior.

DoorAddAbility.png

edited August 2012
    Shift+click the torch, and this time select Link Triggers, then Pull Lever.

TorchLinkTriggers.png

TorchPullLever.png

edited August 2012
    For future reference, Zoo's links to helpful stuff on the first page of this thread were very helpful and user friendly.
    edited August 2012
    Alright, I believe I am caught up. :D I was messing around with this in my last lot and couldn't figure it out! This is awesome. :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top