Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

People should be scared of aliens.

Comments

• xWednesdayxxWednesdayx Posts: 2,478 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I wouldn't want them to be complete outcasts. However, considering that some sims have negative reactions towards vampires, maybe the same will apply to aliens and other supernatural creatures.

I wish I could make a "Dib" type of character from Invader Zim and have the sim chase the aliens and other creatures around. :lol:
  • rumbutterrumbutter Posts: 3,756 Member
    edited August 2012
    i bet if ea let our sims swim in the ocean and a mermaid/merman came up and started swimming with the sim i guess you would say "there's something fishy going on "

don't buy the EP's if you don't want aliens or witches or whatever you disagree with with the games
  • mangoesandlimesmangoesandlimes Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited August 2012
    look, it's Skyscraperfan Jr.!

Nah, Skyscraperfan can actually be pretty funny.

And in case anyone was wondering, I don't want sims to react negatively to aliens. The "hunted" moodlet from vampires is bad enough. If berry sims can go around unnoticed, black eyes and a space suit shouldn't be enough to make aliens over the top.
  • ariane_terryariane_terry Posts: 688 New Member
    edited August 2012
    fabregas22 wrote:
    I hate the fact that things like vampires and aliens are just accepted in public society. In the game aliens should be outcasts. If they leave their base the authorities should go and arrest them then kill and experiment on them. That'd make it more fun.

Nope, it's not in the playful spirit that we've come to know in the Sims. It just sounds plain cruel tbh.

but if you want it so bad, you can probably set up your game that way.
    Guys, guys calm down. D':

And have a sundae.

45755_1294071865.jpg

Don't mind if I do.
  • l0ren7l0ren7 Posts: 193 Member
    edited August 2012
    I agree... They have feelings too... Plus sims world is the perfect world where everyone gets along...
  • KaelKael Posts: 2,197 Member
    edited August 2012
    I think I just read three pages of trolled...
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    edited August 2012
    Are you a troll or just a Sims 3 pessimist? Seriously. I come to the threads to find new information or in the very least humor. You are not funny. You are not being cute. You are not even being kind. In fact, I wonder if you make these posts JUST so you can complain and/or get a reaction out of people. I would say "if I were you", but quite frankly, I would never be so ungrateful, so therefore I suggest you change your attitude or kindly keep your negativity to yourself.

Aliens are somewhat feared. You don't see Sims smiling when they're about to get abducted do you? I agree with what another poster said: The "ah, a Simbot!" and Ghost reactions are annoying and require mods which many people do not want to use. Aliens would only be an annoyance instead of another addition to our supernatural sim collection.

I, for one, am excited to see what new things or even tweaked things they have done to this generation of Aliens :mrgreen:
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2012
    I like the fact Sims has ALWAYS been free of bigotry and hate in any form - very much unlike the real world, but definitely something the real world could benefit from. Why make someone who is different than you to be feared, hated, or in any way pinpointed as experiments for Science? That is just plain wrong, and a bad example for the Simmers this game was designed for. So you are saying because a sim is green or has a different skin color, perhaps has different customs and beliefs than the majority of Sims, nevermind what differences they may have in other ways, then they should be pinpointed for foul treatment, experimenting on, and study? I think not! Have we not learned anything for the last several hundred years that persecuting anyone because they are different is just plain wrong and thank goodness EA shows they will not tolerate any form of bigotry. All Sims should be equals , even the new comers in an intelligent and decent society. Kudos to the EA team on keeping this one very good standard throughout the Sims history.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• HaydenTheGreatHaydenTheGreat Posts: 262
    edited August 2012
    -reads pages
    Okay, after a year of forum roleplaying on multiple websites, I can say he is either a pessimest or a troll, maybe both. One thing I do love about the Sims is there is no racism or any of the crap going on in the real world.
    Weather he's a hater, troll, pessimest, or just dislikes it, here's my advice to him:
    Instead of complainingon a forum why don't you make yourself useful, download some programs, and make your own game?
  • fabregas22fabregas22 Posts: 369 Member
    edited August 2012
    -reads pages
    Okay, after a year of forum roleplaying on multiple websites, I can say he is either a pessimest or a troll, maybe both. One thing I do love about the Sims is there is no racism or any of the crap going on in the real world.
    Weather he's a hater, troll, pessimest, or just dislikes it, here's my advice to him:
    Instead of complainingon a forum why don't you make yourself useful, download some programs, and make your own game?
    Well firstly it's pretty difficult to just make a game. What language do you suggest me using if I were to make one. Secondly I love the sims and that's why I hate them making these silly choices and lowering my love for it more and more. So I don't like it when they make choices that I disagree with. I much prefered the sims 2 to this but they've made some brilliant upgrades in the sims 3 (open town) which is why I find it hard to play sims 2 nowadays.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    edited August 2012
    fabregas22 wrote:
    -reads pages
    Well firstly it's pretty difficult to just make a game. What language do you suggest me using if I were to make one. Secondly I love the sims and that's why I hate them making these silly choices and lowering my love for it more and more. So I don't like it when they make choices that I disagree with. I much prefered the sims 2 to this but they've made some brilliant upgrades in the sims 3 (open town) which is why I find it hard to play sims 2 nowadays.

Then don't you think perhaps you should make a post along the lines of "I like *whatever it is* and I'm grateful for what you've done. However, here is what I think needs worked on *whatever it is*". You always, always, always should back up something that is considered negative criticism with positive reinforcement. Otherwise you come off as a troll, pessimist, etc.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • HaydenTheGreatHaydenTheGreat Posts: 262
    edited August 2012
    fabregas22 wrote:
    -reads pages

First off, if you get a certain program, you can allow an option that changes language. Also, it doesn't matter how hard, that excuse just made me think your dumber than I originally thought. Also, if you like the Sims but dont like whats in the packs, take your ******** self to eBay and sell em.
    edited August 2012
    fabregas22 wrote:
    -reads pages

First off, if you get a certain program, you can allow an option that changes language. Also, it doesn't matter how hard, that excuse just made me think your dumber than I originally thought. Also, if you like the Sims but dont like whats in the packs, take your ******** self to eBay and sell em.
    Why would I sell them that would ruin my collection. Also what program I thought that if you programmed it in java it would be stuck in java otherwhise you'd have to reprogram it. So that software would be pretty cool. Link?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited August 2012
    I don't believe aliens exist in real life however I do believe in ghost as I've seen one.

As far as the game goes sims will be able to marry aliens like they can any of the supernaturals.
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited August 2012
    fabregas22 wrote:
    -reads pages

Well, in the Sims 2 the aliens also blended seamlessly with the other sims and they weren't being chased down or killed off, so I don't understand liking that, but then disliking the fact that they're not making aliens into something violent or creepy in this EP. That wasn't the case in the Sims 2 either. If you're a fan of the Sims series then this decision shouldn't come as a surprise to you. There are tons of other video games out there where aliens get killed. That's just not what the spirit of the Sims is all about.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
    edited August 2012
    I don't believe aliens exist in real life however I do believe in ghost as I've seen one.

As far as the game goes sims will be able to marry aliens like they can any of the supernaturals.

Aliens defo exist. In a pretty much infinite universe they have like a 99.9999 percent chance of existing.
    edited August 2012
    GabbyGirlJ wrote:
    fabregas22 wrote:
    -reads pages

Well, in the Sims 2 the aliens also blended seamlessly with the other sims and they weren't being chased down or killed off, so I don't understand liking that, but then disliking the fact that they're not making aliens into something violent or creepy in this EP. That wasn't the case in the Sims 2 either. If you're a fan of the Sims series then this decision shouldn't come as a surprise to you. There are tons of other video games out there where aliens get killed. That's just not what the spirit of the Sims is all about.

Yes that brings to mind Johnny and Olphelia one of my favorite couples. :D

Johnny was the alien and Olphelia a human and she was head over heals in love with him. I remade them in the sims 3. Their in my studio as a house hold and singley.
  • bigguy28bigguy28 Posts: 157 Member
    edited August 2012
    Just gave me a kind of silly idea, aliens should be able to donate themselves to scientific study at the science lab for money. They get an "experimented on" moodlet that lasts awhile so they can only do it every couple days or so.

Edit: I think it would be hilarious to play an alien that gets all his money donating his body to science. Just give him a mix of odd traits from all the experimentation.
  • tlc10175tlc10175 Posts: 2,550 Member
    edited August 2012

outthere.jpg

Never saw a ghost but still looking. >_>

I never saw an alien either but I did tape a UFO that interacted with us when we went ghost hunting. haha x.X

Video is on Youtube.
  • Belliflowers3Belliflowers3 Posts: 560 Member
    edited August 2012
    tlc10175 wrote:

outthere.jpg

I never saw an alien either but I did tape a UFO that interacted with us when we went ghost hunting. haha x.X

Video is on Youtube.

I want to see, can you link it? o-o
    edited August 2012
    tlc10175 wrote:

outthere.jpg

Video is on Youtube.

Could you post me a link? The ghost I saw I could see thru her and she walked thru a door. She wore a black gown but it was hard to make out her face. I saw her several times before I got my own place. My parents house is haunted but their good ghost. She use to terrify me but no longer does she. I think she looks after the house. Their use to be a cemetary close by.

My parents still see her. I feel lucky to have seen something like that because a lot of people don't get to see ghosts.
    edited August 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fzukZTBKQg&list=UUsHTzjejr44xowa6-Q8LLNA&index=0&feature=plcp

All I can say is watch the sky...

The place where I taped this is a well known UFO hotspot. But also known for other paranormal activity. Its a paranormal hotspot I guess. Never cared much about UFOs until I taped this...
    edited August 2012
    Could you post me a link? The ghost I saw I could see thru her and she walked thru a door. She wore a black gown but it was hard to make out her face. I saw her several times before I got my own place. My parents house is haunted but their good ghost. She use to terrify me but no longer does she. I think she looks after the house. Their use to be a cemetary close by.

My parents still see her. I feel lucky to have seen something like that because a lot of people don't get to see ghosts.

You are indeed *very* lucky to have seen a ghost CLP! My husband saw a ghost of a little boy recently when we were on an investigation. I was so jealous. =P
    He just goes with me and tolerates it lol (kind of like he tolerates the Sims. x.X)
    So he could have cared less if he were there until he walked over to me completely covered in goose bumps!
    edited August 2012
    tlc10175 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fzukZTBKQg&list=UUsHTzjejr44xowa6-Q8LLNA&index=0&feature=plcp

All I can say is watch the sky...

The place where I taped this is a well known UFO hotspot. But also known for other paranormal activity. Its a paranormal hotspot I guess. Never cared much about UFOs until I taped this...

Incredible.

• michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited August 2012
    Well, our tolerance of Aliens is the downfall of the Goth family. We let them roam aroung freely and they abduct Bella and go joyriding with her around the universe and she wasn't even able to be buried with Mortimer. I jest of coarse--couldn't resist.

They do have a part time career for aliens as test subjects.