Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sweet Treats worst stuff pack ever?

I hate this sweet treats stuff pack its just so cheesy and pink. And I am not the only one thinking this many others agree. EA has realised this and thats why they are realeasing diesal. Whats your opinion?

Happy Simming
From Em

Comments

• JaypardJaypard Posts: 623 Member
    edited June 2012
    Fast lane or that.
  • GaMomoGaMomo Posts: 298
    edited June 2012
    I and plenty of other people that share that opinion on this SP. You just won't find that many threads on it due to it being released and everyone who is on that side has said their peace and (for the most part) have let the people who love it gush over it (not to be mean or rude). Now as for Diesel that pack has been in the works the same amount of time as KPST if not a little longer. They can't just pop out a SP in a short time period due to people hating one.

Update: My mom got this for me today. I told her to her face I didn't want it nor did I like it. She gladly took it back and got her $30 back. I'm at work now doing the sales report: not good.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Mashimar0Mashimar0 Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited June 2012
    it's amazing how much hate and anger this pack has generated. totally first world problem.
    it's either love it or hate it, there's no in between, and yet people who hates it still buys it for the "sake of collecting" or "because I found it cheaper at target" and still complains about it afterward.
    there's diesel coming out next month, so hopefully it'll satisfy and give peace to others who wasted so much of their energy ranting about how much they hate this sp.
    vyogg9rodtfcebiur2om.gif
  • brittanyleahbrittanyleah Posts: 1,919 Member
    edited June 2012
    Mashimar0 wrote:
    it's amazing how much hate and anger this pack has generated. totally first world problem.
    it's either love it or hate it, there's no in between, and yet people who hates it still buys it for the "sake of collecting" or "because I found it cheaper at target" and still complains about it afterward.
    there's diesel coming out next month, so hopefully it'll satisfy and give peace to others who wasted so much of their energy ranting about how much they hate this sp.

I just don't understand why people think they have to buy it just to complete their collection. I would never buy anything that I hated to complete any collection. I also would never waste my money on things that I didn't like. But I guess that's just me and won't understand some crazy things some people do lol
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited June 2012
    Different strokes for different folks. In the future it might be wise to watch the reviews before purchasing something that you are unsure you will like.

Myself, this has been very enjoyable for me. I also love seeing the amazing creations that other people have been sharing. I like it. I am sorry you don't, but since no SP is suitable for absolutely everyone, I'm sure one will come along that you will enjoy, if it has not already.

Happy Simming. 8)
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    edited June 2012
    Its ok...kinda like Fast lane...so its right down there at the lame part of the scale. To be honest...I dont know what it is realy....for starters for those of you that have it like me....just look at the box....it does not actally say its a stuff
    pack.....anywhere.

Alot of its content should have come with the Katy Perry Special Edition Exp pack if you ask me....I felt seriouly duped when all I got with my special edition was a singe lot venue and some fruit props.

Other than that if...if you like sickenly sweet decor..this is the pack for you....me...well I just got it so it could part of my Ts3 collection....and not for any other reason :mrgreen:
  • piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited June 2012
    I love this stuff pack. It has been the best stuff pack I have purchased. I was thrilled with the theme the moment they announced it.

I couldn't stand fast lane. To me that one was the worst. I only have it because EA gave it for free with the showtime preorder. I have only used 1 car out of the whole pack.
  • Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited June 2012
    Nah, I don't think it's the worst. They all have things I like and things I don't, this one is no different. I don't expect Diesel to be any different either. I already saw things I like and things I don't.
    34336_s.gif
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited June 2012
    piddlesim wrote:
    I love this stuff pack. It has been the best stuff pack I have purchased. I was thrilled with the theme the moment they announced it.

I couldn't stand fast lane. To me that one was the worst. I only have it because EA gave it for free with the showtime preorder. I have only used 1 car out of the whole pack.

Only 1 CAR!!! Aww Piddlesim, you make my heart sad. lol Fast Lane, Master Suite, and KPST are the only SPs I have actually purchased, though MS and KPST are the only preorders. I waited to bundle FL.

BUT ONE CAR!!! ::brainwashes Piddle into taking his sims on exotic car joyrides:: It would have been better if they would have added the ability to have a romantic cruise or woohoo in the cars with that pack. ;) lol

::shakes head:: 1 car. ::cries:: My soul hurts. ::winks:: <3<3<3<3
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • GaMomoGaMomo Posts: 298
    edited June 2012
    It just depends on your style.I'm already downloading "de-candyfied" clothes from CC creators.
  • Emjei12Emjei12 Posts: 575 Member
    edited June 2012
    Indeed this is the worst ever
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited June 2012
    Oh it's not really that bad, I just had trouble installing it. I just think that EA needs to stop giving us upgrades stuff that we've had in other EP before and start giving us new stuff and the stuff we are asking for like Seasons or University. Unless Sweet Treats and Diesel are just fillers until they are ready to release Seasons and or University.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • apgdmb1028apgdmb1028 Posts: 173 New Member
    edited June 2012
    sweet treats looks stupid.
    Town life was the 2nd worst stuff pack in my opinion. I didn't even have to play sweet treats to nominate it first for the worst pack. The pictures of it are all i needed to see to declare it the worst.
  • thelawtmanthelawtman Posts: 1,424 Member
    edited June 2012
    I love it, Fast Lane was the worst for me. I think though the worst thing for the sims3 is Pets.
    Could it possibly get uglier? I used to be a highly respected watcher, and now I'm a wounded dwarf with the mystical strength of a doily. I just wish I could sleep. - Rupert Giles

lpOEB4y.gif MeEUgvO.gif
  • SimsAddiction968SimsAddiction968 Posts: 1,218 Member
    edited June 2012
    Not the worst ever but up there. I love a lot of the furniture but the clothes not so much. I don't hate it but it's definitely not a favorite..

I bought it because I wanted to add to KP ShowTime, I wanted the outfits for my performers, not everyday clothes.

HI! My name is SimsAddiction968
    I discovered Sims 1 summer 2001 when my youngest was 1 yr old.
    I bought all Eps & Sps for Sims 2 as they were released.
    I even bought Sims games for our consoles and handhelds.
    I have bought all Sims 3 Eps & Sps as the were released.
    I have held my grandson while playing. He is now 5 and plays FreePlay.
    I have pre ordered Sims 4. I have the Sims 2 mouse and waiting on Sims 4 mouse.
    I have a Freezer Bunny tattoo and a bracelet tattoo of the Sims 2 aspirations.

YES! I am addicted to The Sims no matter the form.
  • heidi11576heidi11576 Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited June 2012
    Fast Lane and Outdoor Living were the worst!
  • KaelKael Posts: 2,197 Member
    edited June 2012
    Mashimar0 wrote:

That's what I think about whenever anyone complains on these forums. It's all so meme ready and most people don't realize how silly they're being.
  • jeanamariex3jeanamariex3 Posts: 1,274
    edited June 2012
    thelawtman wrote:
    I love it, Fast Lane was the worst for me. I think though the worst thing for the sims3 is Pets.

WHAT? Pets is my favorite. I love this pack though. I think it's the best EA has done, Katy Perry, or not.
  • piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited June 2012
    piddlesim wrote:

Only 1 CAR!!! Aww Piddlesim, you make my heart sad. lol Fast Lane, Master Suite, and KPST are the only SPs I have actually purchased, though MS and KPST are the only preorders. I waited to bundle FL.

BUT ONE CAR!!! ::brainwashes Piddle into taking his sims on exotic car joyrides:: It would have been better if they would have added the ability to have a romantic cruise or woohoo in the cars with that pack. ;) lol

::shakes head:: 1 car. ::cries:: My soul hurts. ::winks:: <3<3<3<3

Her sim. :wink:

Right now, most of my sims are poor. They start out with only a patch of land and a tent. Then they work their way into a house and furniture.

Although I do have a klepto sim that stole a hot pink convertible. It looks rather out of place next to his tent and his grill pit. But he is happy. I never told him to steal it either. I just stopped watching him for a moment while I answered my door. I came back and he had a car in his inventory. :lol:
  • KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited June 2012
    piddlesim wrote:
    Although I do have a klepto sim that stole a hot pink convertible. It looks rather out of place next to his tent and his grill pit. But he is happy. I never told him to steal it either. I just stopped watching him for a moment while I answered my door. I came back and he had a car in his inventory.
    :mrgreen:
    Do you let him keep it, or will he sell it and use the money to buy a stove? :lol:
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited June 2012
    piddlesim wrote:

Her sim. :wink:

Right now, most of my sims are poor. They start out with only a patch of land and a tent. Then they work their way into a house and furniture.

LOL a tent.

Although I do have a klepto sim that stole a hot pink convertible. It looks rather out of place next to his tent and his grill pit. But he is happy. I never told him to steal it either. I just stopped watching him for a moment while I answered my door. I came back and he had a car in his inventory. :lol:

funny lol
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited June 2012
    High End Loft have been most less useful but there is couple of objects and hair I like and use. I have not recrets for collecting all the packs. I have use for the items from all of them. I don´t see them as worst or best. They serve differend purposes in my gameplay.
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited June 2012
    Mashimar0 wrote:

Wow, patronising much?

You know I could throw the same argument right back at you: why are the people who like the SP wasting their energy posting about it here when they could be playing their games instead? But you know what? I don’t. Because I value my right to have an opinion and I value other’s rights to have an opinion but I do not expect to be ever told that I am wasting my time.

Did anybody here even suggest that this was as bad as what could be going on in goodness knows where across the world? Absolutely not and there is just no comparison so why even bring it up? To make us sound petty and / or self-centred no doubt. Why is it that people cannot voice legitimate complaints without being viewed as ungrateful, whining or as you put it – wasting their energy?

Honestly the majority of your post was totally uncalled for and quite frankly, was rather petty if you ask me.

I do agree with you about the collector mentality though – I can’t understand why people would buy something they hate just to have that little icon on their launcher / SimPage. I mean fair enough if you have the disposable income to spend on something you will never, ever use then go for it but honestly I don’t think these collectors should complain about the price if they’re going to get it anyway (at full price of course, it’s a different story once it is discounted).

As far as I’m concerned this SP has got to be the biggest waste of space to date. At least Fast Lane gave you cars, this gives you nothing IMO.
  • heidi11576heidi11576 Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited June 2012
    Darkslayer wrote:
    I do agree with you about the collector mentality though – I can’t understand why people would buy something they hate just to have that little icon on their launcher / SimPage. I mean fair enough if you have the disposable income to spend on something you will never, ever use then go for it but honestly I don’t think these collectors should complain about the price if they’re going to get it anyway (at full price of course, it’s a different story once it is discounted).

As far as I’m concerned this SP has got to be the biggest waste of space to date. At least Fast Lane gave you cars, this gives you nothing IMO.

oh Darks I am so with you on this..I also dont understand the whole collector thing..if you dont have interest in a pack dont buy it...who cares if the icon is grayed out or not.

for me I bought fast lane and outdoor living knowing I wasnt interested but was desperate for hope that more crap would make the sims3 fun..it didnt and just frustrated the heck out of me that i blew money on them and was still bored LOL

As you already know I am a huge fan of the Katy Perry stuff ..cause I am all into bright and colorful etc etc(I know you are not)

so fast lane made you happy..KP makes me happy..looks like everybody sorta wins in the end :)
  • Mashimar0Mashimar0 Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited June 2012
    Darkslayer wrote:
    Mashimar0 wrote:

Wow, patronising much?

You know I could throw the same argument right back at you: why are the people who like the SP wasting their energy posting about it here when they could be playing their games instead? But you know what? I don’t. Because I value my right to have an opinion and I value other’s rights to have an opinion but I do not expect to be ever told that I am wasting my time.

Did anybody here even suggest that this was as bad as what could be going on in goodness knows where across the world? Absolutely not and there is just no comparison so why even bring it up? To make us sound petty and / or self-centred no doubt. Why is it that people cannot voice legitimate complaints without being viewed as ungrateful, whining or as you put it – wasting their energy?

Honestly the majority of your post was totally uncalled for and quite frankly, was rather petty if you ask me.

there's opinion and there's ranting. for example people who properly state why this pack isn't useful to them, but "OH MY GOD WHY KATY PERRY? I ******* HATE HER!", "THIS STUFF PACK IS SO STUPID! IT MAKES ME ANGRY!" is just rant, it's so weird that some people acting like katy perry killed their dogs and slept with their mother, or this stuff pack is reason why gas price is going up. It's just a stuff pack, not even essential nor add any extra game play.
    it's annoying when people anti-sp people calling those who like this pack "12 year old little girl" or any kind of name, just like us 12 year old calling others "haters" is name calling really necessary?

in your opinion this is the biggest waste of space to date because it's got nothing that you like, fair enough. But to me it's got all kinds of weird **** I can use to build a candy house from 'hansel and gretel', so it's useful to me.
    vyogg9rodtfcebiur2om.gif