Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ZooProfessor's Beginning Builder's University: Complete Build a Farm course (links post 1)

Hi, Everyone! Welcome to Zoo U!

ZOO U MASTER THREAD (this thread will contain all links to Zoo U courses and bookmarking this thread will allow you to always find us)

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/499348.page

First Course: "Building a Farm"
This course will be taught as a series of lessons in which the students will follow step-by-step instructions to complete a part of the farm. The lessons will be done with a teacher in attendance to answer questions on the Zoo U thread.

Anyone who completes the entire course should end up with a complete farm that they built with their own hands. There will be assigned homework to be done between lessons, however the homework will generally be things to enhance the farm but not usually be something that is necessary for its final completion.

Course Prerequisites: None!

Skill Level for Students: Beginning Builder

Required Supplies: Sims 3 base game

Recommended Supplies: Sims 3 Pets

Lesson Number 1, "Building the Barn" is available here:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/30/487894.page#7440794

Lesson Number 2, "Building the Farmhouse" is available here:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/30/489324.page#7487905

Lesson Number 3, "Finishing the Farm" is available here:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/30/491984.page#7550662

ATTENDANCE:
Attendance is highly recommended but not mandatory as you could view the thread after the class is over. However, the attractive idea here is that you will be doing a step-by-step build with other students and with a teacher available as you build to answer your questions and to give advice if needed.

Registration is not required, but would be very helpful so that I can gauge interest in this project and have an idea of my class size before I start the class. No obligation is incurred by registering and you may register and attend the first class without continuing through the entire "Building a Farm" course.

oow785m

Comments

• ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited January 2012
    Zoo U students, after registration, please do the following (some things are marked optional, but if it is not marked that way, I will assume that you will do it before next Saturday's lesson).

1. Bookmark this thread so that you can find us for the next lesson. This is where the class will be taking place.

2. If you have not accepted a friend request from me, please consider doing that. (this step is optional)

3. IMPORTANT: The class will involve moving back and forth between this thread and your game. You will be posting questions and comments as well as seeing the photo and description of the build step you are supposed to be doing. It is important that you can have the forum opened to this thread but minimized as you build and have your game open but minimized as you come here to post. Please try this out before next week by minimizing this window right now, opening up your game and starting a new game, saving your game and hitting the "windows" key on your keyboard (if you have a Mac, kindly scroll down to post four and my friend Wibble will tell you how to do this!) and posting something in this thread (like "Testing that I can post while my game is open") and then going back into your game to make sure all is running well. This all works fine on MY computer, but everyone's machine is different and you don't want any unpleasant surprises next week.

4. I am going to be adding some links to useful threads I'm making for students in Zoo U. It is optional that you do any of those, but they will help you have a smoother time as a builder. I would at least go look at what has been posted, but even that is not required. (This step is optional)

Here is a link to a thread about Tester Families:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/486961.page

Here is the Exchange link for my favorite Tester Sim if you don't want to make your own:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5018210

Here is a link to a thread about making a Builder's Blank Neighborhood:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/488892.page

oow785m
    edited January 2012
    To Register for "Building the Farmhouse", the second lesson in the "Building a Farm" course, please post below with the words:
    "Register Me!"

I will be sending friend requests to all who register, and it would be very helpful (but not required) that you accept my request.

Here is the Class Roster so far!
    MariskaAmy
    Kevin
    sundayke
    alley5343
    friendsfan36
    PandoraRitter
    LaughingJacks
    theprincess3
    AZSpudKing
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    oow785m
    edited January 2012
    How to move back and forth between the game and the browser, Mac Users.

*For this to work easily, make sure that the only applications working are your game and your browser, with the Zoo U page showing.*

While running your game, press the cmd (⌘) and Tab keys simultaneously. This should immediately close the game and open your browser, selecting it as the active window.

To return to the game, either simply click on the Game icon in the Dock, or press the cmd (⌘) and Tab keys again, to scroll through the list of open applications.

If you have any other Mac queries, please send me a friend request and leave me a comment on my page. I'll do my best to answer!

--Wibble

Thanks, Wib, for the Mac info!
    oow785m
    edited January 2012
    Here is a link to the photos of the completed Lesson 1 plus Homework:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/489765.page

oow785m
  • MariskaAmyMariskaAmy Posts: 901 Member
    edited January 2012
    Me and Kevin would like to finish our farm! ;) Register us!
    edited January 2012
    MariskaAmy wrote:
    Me and Kevin would like to finish our farm! ;) Register us!

You two are the first on my list!
    oow785m
    edited January 2012
    Anybody else out there lookin' to finish their farm? :wink:
    oow785m
  • sundaykesundayke Posts: 29
    edited January 2012
    register me
  • alley5343alley5343 Posts: 303 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Register me too. What will the next course be?
    edited January 2012
    sundayke wrote:
    register me

Done! Welcome!
    oow785m
    edited January 2012
    alley5343 wrote:
    Register me too. What will the next course be?

Done! "Finishing the Farm" is the last lesson for this course! After that you should have a complete farm.

There will be future Zoo U courses though. I have other things I would like to teach students how to do AND I have about five different builders who have expressed interest in being a guest lecturer for Zoo U! :mrgreen:
    oow785m
  • friendsfan36friendsfan36 Posts: 6,715 New Member
    edited January 2012
    is it to late to egister? i only found this thread 5 minutes ago.
  • PandoraRitterPandoraRitter Posts: 787 New Member
    edited January 2012
    I've been super sick this weekend, so I haven't been able to make my farmhouse but I plan on getting it done this week.

So sign me up for finishing it off.

Pandora
    edited January 2012
    is it to late to egister? i only found this thread 5 minutes ago.

No, you are in plenty of time! You will definitely want to complete Lesson 2 ("Building the Farmhouse") and ideally BOTH Lesson 1 ("Building the Barn") AND Lesson 2 before attending Saturday's class.

Part of what we will do on Saturday is complete the interior design on the farmhouse, so you wouldn't be able to do that portion of the lesson without having done Lesson 2 first.

If you look in the very first post in this thread you will find links to Lesson 1 and Lesson 2.

Welcome to Zoo U! I will add your name to the class roster.
    oow785m
    edited January 2012
    I've been super sick this weekend, so I haven't been able to make my farmhouse but I plan on getting it done this week.

So sign me up for finishing it off.

Pandora

I'm sorry that you weren't feeling well. Hope you are much better today!

I will sign you up for Lesson 3. You will need to have your Farmhouse built (which is in Lesson 2) since we will be decorating it as part of Lesson 3.

Take care!
    oow785m
  • LaughingJacksLaughingJacks Posts: 160 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Register Me!
    edited January 2012
    Register Me!

Done! And Welcome! :D
    oow785m
  • WibbleLikeAJellyWibbleLikeAJelly Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited January 2012
    Ooh... look what I found on page 3!! Naughty little thread... get back to where you're supposed to be!

--Wibble
    edited January 2012
    Ooh... look what I found on page 3!! Naughty little thread... get back to where you're supposed to be!

--Wibble

LOL! Thanks Future Professor Wibble!
    oow785m
    edited January 2012
    Register now to finish your farm with us on Saturday! :D
    oow785m
    edited January 2012
    I'm frantically trying to finish my own farm so that I can get the steps ready for Saturday! It has been a hard week, but if I have to stay up all night tomorrow night I WILL be ready come class time (God willing and the creek don't rise!) :mrgreen:
    oow785m
  • friendsfan36friendsfan36 Posts: 6,715 New Member
    edited January 2012
    i still need to finsh lesson 1 and 2 .liam has been a pest this week.i hope i'm done tomorrow.
    edited January 2012
    i still need to finsh lesson 1 and 2 .liam has been a pest this week.i hope i'm done tomorrow.

I will go ahead and register you and if you have to watch the lesson later after I'm not online you can always post questions on my Comments on my Sim Page!

EDIT:
    Oops! You are already registered! :mrgreen:
    oow785m
  • MariskaAmyMariskaAmy Posts: 901 Member
    edited January 2012
    4th page? Dont think so!
  • theprincess3theprincess3 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Register me!