Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pangu's Axe Temple HELP!

I have gotten Pangu's Axe and before I leave to take it to the Sim who wants it, I wanted to claim the rest of the loot I could in the temple. Yet, I've found a inaccessible area, and I need help figuring out what I'm missing. Where I am standing are where two boulders were originally when I went through the temple looking for the axe. I have since busted them.

I can tell by my cursor that the walls I highlighted in blue are hidden doors (If I click on them the "inspect" options comes up), but I am unable to reach them. The little "hallway" seems to be too small for me to squeeze through, and I cannot find any other hidden doorways on the other side that would give me access.

Can someone please tell me what I am missing??? Thanks!

TempleOfHeaven.gif

Comments

• GadgetmaniaGadgetmania Posts: 42 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I was stuck there too. The hidden door, when open, mostly blocks the way. You have to open/close it when you finally get in.

The only way I did it was Zenaport over near the light inside the hall going around the dark room.

You have to close the door to get to that statue at the opposite end from that light.
  • good_habitsgood_habits Posts: 3
    edited September 2011
    Did anyone else ever figure out a way to do this? I'm having exactly the same problem
  • VeeAmAyVeeAmAy Posts: 179
    edited September 2011
    I was stuck at that too, until I Zeneported (meditate for some time until you float, and then click on the floor and choose "Zeneport"). You need to be at least at lv.5 at the Martial Arts skill to do this.

Happy Simming :)
  • TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member
    edited September 2011
    What you could try is to replace that wall and bring that specific corner out to allow your sims to get in, if they still aren't able to get to that area you can either zeneport or teleport as a last resort.

It would involve enabling your testing cheats and then shift clicking on a clear floor tile (clear as in no rugs or anything covering it/on it) and a menu should pop up where you can Build or Buy On This Lot. From there it is exactly the same as any regular build mode to delete the wall and replace it.

Good luck, hope this helps!
  • orcgirl4825orcgirl4825 Posts: 114 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Has anyone gotten a fix for this? I am having the exact same issue. I have had 2 Sims from 2 different games (households, worlds) get stuck in exactly the same positions. The first Sim I had zeneport into the area past the 'stuck' point, but she couldn't get back out and she was too tired to meditate another 5 hours to get back out. I finally had to resetSim on her...The other Sim I tried this weekend and he couldn't open the hidden door and he couldn't get past that area. He just kept stamping his foot and yelling at me that the way was blocked.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    edited June 2012
    I am having the exact problem and have had it for several months. It worked perfectly until I got a new stuff pack or expansion pack. I can't remember wich one. I've reinsalled everything twice and can't fix the problem.

There is the exact same issue in the tomb in France that you get into by smashing 3 boulders near the little pond.

I have examined the area near the hidden door in the Temple of Heaven and there is now a spot that is a no go zone for Sims. It is very tiny and you have to carefully hover over the area to find it.

I tried zeonporting over the problem in the tomb in France but it wouldn't let me do it. In that one there is an open door (arch way) that you have to go through to get to a floor switch that opens a door to the area of the tomb that lets you get down to the dive well to go to the island in the river. There are a lot of things to find over there and you can't find them if you zenoport to the island - you have to go via the dive well. I'm sure it would be an easy fix if someone bothered to try to fix it.

The problem started when they made it so you have to keep telling the Sim which way to go is some tombs. It means lots of mouse clicking that is really annoying too.
  • floatingcityfloatingcity Posts: 9
    edited June 2012
    The problems in Pangu's Haven and Tuatha's Garden are pretty common - they're both caused by broken routing post-Late Night (or a patch release from around that time). I think it might be similar to the routing bug that causes Sims to get stuck at the fishing spots and Hot Springs Cave in Shang Simla.

In Pangu's Haven, you can still get to the hidden doors/treasure chests via Zeneport, but to progress further in Tuatha's Garden, you'll have to use the testingcheatsenabled cheat to manually move your Sim over to the floor switch.
  • Corwin_AlexanderCorwin_Alexander Posts: 533 Member
    edited June 2012
    The problem with the door in China has to do with the unfound secret door; there is a "reserved" bit of floor where the door swings open to. Once you find the door, you can open the door and go inside, close the door, go to the other side, reopen the door and exit from that side, but getting past it in the first place stumped me; I forgot about zenoporting and just used "testingcheatsenabled true" and a shift-click teleport to get past it. I hate when the game is so broken that cheating is the only way to play fair.
    edited June 2012
    I tried zenoporting and managed to get a some of the items - but couldn't get into the inner room where the pangu's sigil is. When I finaly managed to zenoport in there my Sim endedup on the floor below.

I have never tried any testing cheats or mods or custom content yet. But I may have to try to do some testing cheats soon - or give up on the game entirely.

I am not having any problem finding the two secret doors in Pangu's problem are. They are both obvious. It is just that the Sim can't investiate either of them due to many spots on the floor in front of the doors that are no go zones for Sims now.

I notice my Sims are also losing their family history too now.
  • ltd2mp87ltd2mp87 Posts: 728 Member
    edited June 2012
    An easy way to go through the tombs: turn on testingcheatsenabled, then shift click the lot with the tomb and select "build on this lot". then take the hammer tool and knock down some of the walls between the rooms. this will unhide all the rooms and you can see easily what is in them.
    Oh and using the teleport function is also handy if you dont feel like walking around the whole tomb :)
    edited June 2012
    That sounds like fun. Bulldozers in tombs. I tried teleporting past the problems in the tomb in France. It worked to a degree - but I was in a rush to turn the computer off at the time. I'll have another go on the weekend. The testing cheats enabled true worked well there to get me onto the floor switch. I'll try knocking down the broken door one day and see if I can replace it. I may try replacing those broken floor tiles in China too just to see what happens. Thanks you for your good ideas - they were a help. I'll have to try to find out more about those testing cheats.
  • RRArtieRRArtie Posts: 204 Member
    edited April 2013

I had the exact same problem. And fixed it by moving walls. I have had the same problem in Faerie Tomb - Little Wood and I think in the basement of the Market caves. The problem is doorways with walls to close to the other side (as in Faerie Tomb and hallways too narrow for swinging doors end up blocking progress. Here is what I experienced and how I fixed it.

Temple of Heaven – Pangu’s Haven
    Basement level 3 a treasure area protected by boulders. You can’t explore this area until you have Pangu’s Axe. After completing this adventure, by smashing the Hot Springs boulder and exploring that tomb, I return to the Temple of Heaven to clean it out. After going up and down stairs between basement level 4 and basement level 3 and smashing boulders, I come to this narrow passageway with a treasure chest and two treasures on the floor in rooms beyond the narrow passageway (center of picture at the start of this thread). My Sim will not go to the rooms with treasure, but I can get him just beyond the narrow passageway. At this point, I try to inspect the wall, and the Sim waves his arm and refuse. I turn on testingcheatsenabled and buydebug and shift click on the tomb wall and select “Edit in Build Mode”. In the middle of the screen shot above there is a swinging door which doesn’t have enough room to open. There is a second swinging door at the top left of this screen shot with the same problem.
    I delete the walls in front of this door from the torch on the right to the angled wall after the narrow passageway and insert a new wall closer to the rocks by the red brick path and a couple of torches. I update the floor to match that in this corridor and the wall coverings to match the tomb wall material. Now the door swings open and the Sim can get to the treasures in the rooms to the right and get to the second door through this door.

Now the Sim goes to the second door and tries to open it. Repeating this twice has no effect. Again I think the hallway is too narrow for the door to swing open. I was getting sleepy and used escape dust to go to the basecamp. After a nights rest and a meal, I zenported back to the Temple of Heaven and returned to this door. I turn on testingcheatsenabled and buydebug and shift click on the tomb wall and select “Edit in Build Mode”. I delete the straight walls in front of this door from the angled wall on the right of the door to the angled wall on the left. I extend the angled wall on the left and right and then joint them with a straight wall. Now the door has room to swing open and the Sim can get to the treasures chest in the room.

When I went back to live mode, the Sim still could not open the door. This time it would move a little bit and then slam shut. I used Sands of Understanding and the door sparkled. The Sim ate a morsel and I tried again and the door opened this time. I don’t know if the sands, eating, or just retrying worked.

Hope this helps. See my post on the Faerie Tomb - Little Wood for similar fixes in Basement level 1 and Basement Level 2
  • KrenKren Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm sure this was solved, but it was mentioned to try zenoporting? Made me realize: if you ctrl+shift+c and type "testingcheatsenabled true" you can shift+left click and will get the option to teleport your sim to a specific location (which also cuts down on insane travel times). I manages to teleport through the wall. Only now do I realize I could cheat the whole way through the temples... But where is the fun in that?
    Kren wrote: »
    I'm sure this was solved, but it was mentioned to try zenoporting? Made me realize: if you ctrl+shift+c and type "testingcheatsenabled true" you can shift+left click and will get the option to teleport your sim to a specific location (which also cuts down on insane travel times). I manages to teleport through the wall. Only now do I realize I could cheat the whole way through the temples... But where is the fun in that?

At the time I was trying to do it without cheats. But that proved useless due to the time taken. Then I decided the problem was caused by a bug introduced to the game by EA after a particular Expansion was released that made sims require a wider space to move through than they previously needed - so I felt happy with Ctrl Shift C and teleporting past the few places in various tombs that had been broken by patches released since World Adventures was first released and never fixed by EA.
  • ShojoDaggerShojoDagger Posts: 320 Member
    I found that spot, too! I figured it was a building error/player torturing device from the game designers & cheated my way past & back. lol.
    I uploaded something! (yay) My Studio
    Enjoy!
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited March 2017
    Kren wrote: »
    That's in fact how my very first adventurer found his way through the tombs back in 2010. I felt so clever. Till I realized all I was doing was making things boring :D (and preventing him from working on his dismantling traps skills). From then on no more cheats. This passage my sim also did by zenporting. There is another tomb where zenporting is intentionally required to get to another area (in France I believe, you have to cross a gap). And come to think of it, when you fullfill the tomb that will get you to the small island your sim can swim ashore now, but before Seasons had been released there was no other way but zenporting as well.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Maddiepie1Maddiepie1 Posts: 4 New Member
    Hiya! I'm a little late to this party :p but I think I may have something potentially useful to add: The little narrow hallway Only becomes impassable ("blocked") After Pangu's Axe is removed from the wall. Of course, the problem is that one needs the Axe to smash the giant bolder to get to the little narrow hallway. However, if one can teleport or zenport, or by some other method get to the other side of the giant bolder, I'm thinking there won't be any further problems with getting to the remaining Loot.
    Maddiepie1 wrote: »
    Hiya! I'm a little late to this party :p but I think I may have something potentially useful to add: The little narrow hallway Only becomes impassable ("blocked") After Pangu's Axe is removed from the wall. Of course, the problem is that one needs the Axe to smash the giant bolder to get to the little narrow hallway. However, if one can teleport or zenport, or by some other method get to the other side of the giant bolder, I'm thinking there won't be any further problems with getting to the remaining Loot.

You can get to the remaining loot by teleporting or zenporting past the narrow hallway. Same solution. Don't forget the extra hidden door once you get into the area past the narrow hallway. There are two hidden doors to find. One in the hallway and another one after you go through that hidden door. Best stuff is in that final room.