March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Strange lots!

jona67jona67 Posts: 259 New Member
When I´ve placed a lot, the lot ground kinda sinks and a little straight wall on the edge of the lot appears. It looks like the lot ground and the ground outside the lot has two seperate levels. This can happen if you have the skulpt tool and you change the ground out side the lot but I didn´t even touch it! Try that and you know what the problem is! I am in need of help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• KayPapageiKayPapagei Posts: 974 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Click on the 'Lots' tab at the top, then click 'Conform edges' and click on the lot that has the problem.

I've had to do this alot, even when I haven't touched the terrain. If the difference in heigh was quite a lot then you may have to then go to the lot in EIG and just smoothen the edges a little to make it look natural again.
  • jona67jona67 Posts: 259 New Member
    edited May 2011
    I doesn´t work!(for me) But thanks for the help anyway!
  • HturnerPHturnerP Posts: 1,488 Member
    edited May 2011
    :)It's a game glitch it came with the Ambitions or its update.You cane try to smooth the growned under the lot to see if it will help.You would have to delete the lot first then put it in agen.It mite work.I have had this happen a lot.You mite need to put the lot in a different place to work on it.It is also hard to build on it to.The groaned will move on you.Good luck on it.
    edited May 2011
    Why Ambitions! Is it a patch some where for this?
  • HturnerPHturnerP Posts: 1,488 Member
    edited May 2011
    :) No its the one we got when Ambitions cam out.
    edited June 2011
    Wait a minute, shouldn´t EA also have this problem? If they do, they maybe know how to solve it?!!!!!
  • amaholusamaholus Posts: 423 Member
    edited June 2011
    This happens occasionally, and there is a fix for it!

In order for this to work, you need to remove whatever lot you have placed that is causing the problem.

On the empty lot, you will need to enter the following cheats by Ctrl + Shift + C

1. Testingcheatseanbled true
    2. Constrainfloorelevation false

Once you have entered both of these cheats, enter the following cheat:

setimportedterrainoffset [value] - bracket added to make value stand out
    -The value will be positive if the lot is sinking on you, and a negative number if the lot is stuck up out of the ground. If your lot is only sinking a little, perhaps try 3 as your first number. If it looks like the lot is sunk/risen about a floor above or below the ground, try 7 :wink:

Once a you have selected a number, you must enter the following cheats:
    Constrainfloorelevation true
    Testingcheatsenabled false

Now try placing your lot. If it didn't quite raise the land enough for you (or too much) you will need to start again at the start of this tutorial, and try a different number. Its a bit of trial and error, but really the only way you are going to fix your problem without placing the lot elsewhere in your world.

Good luck :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Hiro124Hiro124 Posts: 5
    edited May 2012
    I tried it but it didn't work.
  • MckenzieMemberMckenzieMember Posts: 1,231 Member
    edited July 2013
    amaholus wrote:
    This happens occasionally, and there is a fix for it!

In order for this to work, you need to remove whatever lot you have placed that is causing the problem.

On the empty lot, you will need to enter the following cheats by Ctrl + Shift + C

1. Testingcheatseanbled true
    2. Constrainfloorelevation false

Once you have entered both of these cheats, enter the following cheat:

setimportedterrainoffset [value] - bracket added to make value stand out
    -The value will be positive if the lot is sinking on you, and a negative number if the lot is stuck up out of the ground. If your lot is only sinking a little, perhaps try 3 as your first number. If it looks like the lot is sunk/risen about a floor above or below the ground, try 7 :wink:

Once a you have selected a number, you must enter the following cheats:
    Constrainfloorelevation true
    Testingcheatsenabled false

Now try placing your lot. If it didn't quite raise the land enough for you (or too much) you will need to start again at the start of this tutorial, and try a different number. Its a bit of trial and error, but really the only way you are going to fix your problem without placing the lot elsewhere in your world.

Good luck :)

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I found the above info useful and wouldn't be surprised if others do too. So thanks amaholus :mrgreen: