Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gardening in Apartments....

This is a very silly question, but is there a way to garden in the high rise apartments? Or, do I have to buy a house to garden?

Comments

• LittlEvil19LittlEvil19 Posts: 29 Member
    edited October 2010
    No, I don't think you can. What you could do though is add a community lot to your town that already has all the fruits and veggies (plenty on the exchange). I found that there's not much room for this though, so you may have to turn an empty housing lot into a community lot and then place. Hope this helps, good luck!
  • SketchElderSketchElder Posts: 3,517 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Check the ground section of your apartment lot to see if there's anywhere you can plant stuff or use Build/Buy. Some of the apartments already have gardens.
  • stino001stino001 Posts: 101 New Member
    edited October 2010
    have you tried moveobjects on?
  • sims0678sims0678 Posts: 26 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, moveobjects work perfectly! I have a garden on my balcony of my high rise on the 19th floor! (It works inside as well).
  • BafendoBafendo Posts: 2,127 Member
    edited October 2010
    i third using moveobjects
  • Almax881Almax881 Posts: 212
    edited November 2010
    Going to try this.
  • SabrosaSabrosa Posts: 1,359 Member
    edited November 2010
    There is one apt building I have found so far w/ a small garden. Bridgeport Armory. It already has plants and trees there, not sure if you can plant there w/ out a cheat.
  • VeraVera Posts: 218 New Member
    edited November 2010
    My sim's cheapo apartment has a little grass at the front entrance outside. It looks weird to have veggies growing there, and there isn't much space, but it works.
  • Almax881Almax881 Posts: 212
    edited November 2010

I'm an idiot. It seems the reason that I haven't been able to garden was because my Sim lacked the gardening skill. In all of my excitement, I forget that he had to have a gardening skill before he could actually start gardening. :oops:

Once he skilled up, everything worked perfectly.

Thanks for the help everyone!
  • MimiAdamaMimiAdama Posts: 105
    edited November 2010
    sims0678 wrote:
    Yeah, moveobjects work perfectly! I have a garden on my balcony of my high rise on the 19th floor! (It works inside as well).

How do you get the dirt up there?
  • DarkFireFlyDarkFireFly Posts: 1,514 Member
    edited November 2010
    It would be nice to have some planters and pots of varying sizes for apartment gardening.
  • TheMaidenTheMaiden Posts: 31 New Member
    edited November 2010
    It would be nice to have some planters and pots of varying sizes for apartment gardening.
    I second that. Planters or at least a window box. And please, for free, EA.
  • dragonmaster626dragonmaster626 Posts: 3,716 New Member
    edited November 2010
    TheMaiden wrote:

to do such a program to allow sims to plant gardening plants inside like planter they would have to make it into part of an expansion pack so no it wouldn't be free.
  • TheMaidenTheMaiden Posts: 31 New Member
    edited November 2010
    TheMaiden wrote:

to do such a program to allow sims to plant gardening plants inside like planter they would have to make it into part of an expansion pack so no it wouldn't be free.

Ah, but it seems such a blatant oversight to not include these things, and for that, at least, reparations should be made.
  • DarkFireFlyDarkFireFly Posts: 1,514 Member
    edited November 2010
    Oh, I like the notion of reparations.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    edited November 2010
    The Trawlor Lodge on the waterfront is on a large lot and there is
    a greenspace next to the building with lots of room for garden.

You just have to use the cheat to add dirt terrain and a fence.
    Or maybe just moveobjects will work too. Not sure.

It is the apartment building with the TV Drama Group but you can move
    them out.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • wernerjtwernerjt Posts: 3 New Member
    I have success with apartment gardening the units with balconies. Works without cheats planted in round pot from seed, flats without balconies I have a ufo plant grafted with vegetables but does not produce harvestable items.
    You can also try penthouse apartments.
  • xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    Almax881 wrote: »
    This is a very silly question, but is there a way to garden in the high rise apartments? Or, do I have to buy a house to garden?

If you have in the future, you can use the rugs in order to plant things. I use them all the time!
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    edited November 2017

If you have in the future, you can use the rugs in order to plant things. I use them all the time!

@xxnearlyperfectx, this thread was made over 7 years ago. So I'm pretty sure that if the OP is still playing this game, then they should already know about the rugs... ;)
  • xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »

@xxnearlyperfectx, this thread was made over 7 years ago. So I'm pretty sure that if the OP is still playing this game, then they should already know about the rugs... ;)

I didn't realise...on me! Sorry!
    4Wv5dIG.jpg