Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rexy's Guide To Editing (Have an Edit that You're Really Proud of? Post Here!!)

Comments

• WizardOfSmozWizardOfSmoz Posts: 4,306 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Rexy you should join Twinbrook's Next Top Fashion Designer. Or at least check it out!
  • GeorgefPlayGeorgefPlay Posts: 4,459 Member
    edited August 2010
    WOW George, your avi is EPIC!!! I luvs. :P

Thanks Rexy! ^_^
    I love yours too. :D
  • Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    edited August 2010
    Yay :D
    23uvol1.jpg
  • 4boots4boots Posts: 268 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Yay!!!
  • Simmersaurus_RexSimmersaurus_Rex Posts: 3,021 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Putting the finishing touches on it, guys. =]
  • FishGirl4FishGirl4 Posts: 4,415 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Wootcakes!
    edited August 2010
    Some loong finishing touches O.o
    23uvol1.jpg
    edited August 2010
    Patience, grasshopper. I'm putting the post together.
    edited August 2010
    Well thats gunna take a while with your dino claws and whatnot :P
    23uvol1.jpg
    edited August 2010
    Yus, typing is a challenge. :lol:
  • ravishmeravishme Posts: 613 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Hey my lovelies I missed you all! ♥

Ooo back just in time for a new tut!
    edited August 2010
    Awww hi wifey!! :D
    edited August 2010
    Woah. you two are married? I'm just going to keep my question to my bedroom- myself. Keep it to myself.

xD Hay thar Ravish :D
    23uvol1.jpg
    edited August 2010
    bleh - double post
    edited August 2010
    Hai beautiful! ♥

Ohai Jakey ^_^

I finished EIS finally! lol
    edited August 2010
    Yay :D
    23uvol1.jpg
    edited December 2010
    rjocbk.jpg

After endless Photoshop issues and lack of free time, it’s finally here: POSE COMBINING! I just want to let you guys know that this tutorial isn’t going to be as cut and dry as the others because there are SO many different poses that can be made. After you’ve read this tutorial and get a pose of your own in mind, please ask if you get stuck!

(Pictures correspond to the step directly above.)

We’ll be working with the beautiful Lynx Rezanov today, winner of Temperature: Cycle 1! Awwh, look at her in her adorable lil’ French maid outfit. :lol:
    PoseCombiningIntro.jpg

1. Okay, for this photo, I want Lynx to be dusting in a cute little pose with one leg up. When I begin pose combining, I always start with the torso first. To aid me in getting the correct pieces I need, I’m going to use the SimLife Goggles. You, of course, can use other methods such as the Chaos Mod. I’m going to wait until Lynx gives me a sort of twisted torso, which she’s done below! Yes, I realize she looks somewhat dopish at the moment, but the only part we’re worrying about here is her midsection. I like the way her back is arched.
    PoseCombiningStep1.jpg

2. I’m going to crop around her body and get rid of my green background. After that, I’m going to get rid of those pesky limbs and head! Always getting in the way, the rascals. To do so, I use a combination of the Eraser Tool and the Quick Selection Tool. After that, I have the result shown below: A scary floating torso!! :shock: I made the background layer blue so it’s easier to see what I’m doing. I also moved the torso onto a larger canvas so I have more space to work with.
    PoseCombiningStep2.jpg

3. Next, I’m going back into the game to get the arms and hands I want. I want her right arm at her side straight. To get that, I’m going to wait until Lynx has her right arm out straight, away from her body, and then pause. I really try to ensure that the arms aren’t next to the body, they’re much easier to cut out that way. After I get the arm I want, I use the same method I used to get the torso out to get the arm out.
    PoseCombiningStep3.jpg

4. Okay, let’s move that arm over to the canvas that has the torso! WOAH, it’s like a goliath arm. O.o I’m going to carefully, carefully resize the arm until it’s proportionate to the torso. You can even go back into your game and reference the size of the arm to the torso if you’re having trouble. This part is very important; it won’t look good unless every piece is proportionate to one another.
    PoseCombiningStep4.jpg

5. Let’s go back in for that left arm! When I’m getting these body parts, I’m keeping the torso at roughly the same angle as the one I’m using for my pose. This way, it’ll ensure that limbs aren’t backwards or at odd angles. For this one, I want Lynx’s arm bent upward, since this is the arm that she’ll be dusting with. For this one, I moved my floor lamps more underneath her body to avoid harsh shadows. And once again, the arm was away from her body. I cut it out, moved it over, and resized. It’s starting to come together!!
    PoseCombiningStep5.jpg

6. It’s leg time! Like I said earlier, I want one leg sort of up in the air behind her. I’ll have Lynx go for a little indoor run for this one. Ah, perfect! I got her legs are just the way I want them. I’ll move her back into the light and screen capture. Now, for this one, I’m using both legs from the same shot, but you can always do the legs separate as well, just like I did with the arms. Let’s move the legs over to the rest of the frankensim.
    PoseCombiningStep6.jpg

7. It’s looking pretty sha-weet! Now she just needs a head. This part is usually my favorite. Picking the perfect expression is so much fun! Once again, I’m going to rely on the good ol’ SimLife Goggles. Okay, I got the facial expression I wanted. I’m going to capture that shot and bring it back into Photoshop. For this one, I’m taking away everything up until her neck shows above her collar, like so:
    PoseCombiningStep7.jpg

8. Okay, time to put that final piece in!! I’m going to move the head over and resize it, and actually angle it ever so slightly. How you place pieces really just depends on what you want and what you think will look good. I actually had to draw in a little bit of her neck on her left side, but it’s no big. Just use the eyedropper to get the skin color from that area and draw it in with a paintbrush. Okay, here’s the final pose, all pieced together!!!
    PoseCombiningStep8.jpg

9. Drop it on a background and add in any little extras (like the duster I added). I hope you guys enjoyed this tutorial and found it helpful, and I look forward to seeing your poses! Once again, ask questions if you get stuck!!
    PoseCombiningFinal.jpg

(Click final picture for larger size)

Download Lynx Here!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited August 2010
    Awesome :D

Now, I need a lighting tutorial on how to properly shadow sims :lol:
    23uvol1.jpg
    edited August 2010
    I just realized how much easier that's going to make pose combining for me. xD
    23uvol1.jpg
  • EliavahEliavah Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited August 2010
    awesome tutorial. your totally right about the whole "getting arms away from body" party of the tutorial xD.
    I had to redraw half of a sims' body and clothes once becauusee I didn't do that xDD.
    thank yuu for the tutorialx3.
    edited August 2010
    love it Rexers, my wifey is so talented ^_^
    edited August 2010
    As is mine! Your Elegance picture is WOW factor. :shock:
    edited August 2010
    Never realized how much crap I have in my launhcer xD I just uninstalled like 600 things
    23uvol1.jpg
  • FishGirl4FishGirl4 Posts: 4,415 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Oh my Jakey!
    edited August 2010
    I know, right?! I'm still getting rid of stuff too :P And then installing more. And getting rid of what I don't wait. *lesigh* such a time consuming task.
    23uvol1.jpg