Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you have a Sim's game that you regret purchasing?

Comments

• TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    My only regrets for TS2 were not being able to use Mods until I got UC and had no other choice because I needed to stop the brawling on community lots and TS3's biggest regret was waiting so long to get my game heavily Modded.I own all of the TS3 collection and found it was only playable with my over 700 Mod files installed which are fixing most of the game issues.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I don't regret purchasing anything for Sims 3. I own Katy Perry as well, and yes, the clothes are horrible, but, the buy objects work great for kid stuff and parks.

I did not play during Sims 2 era so cannot remark on it. I did get the free UC and I played briefly, but, don't like the time distortion and not able to control all sims all the time in it.

I did not purchase Sims4 as I knew it would be a waste of my money. I was sorely disappointed in it. :cry:
  • ZedieZedie Posts: 38 Member
    For the Sims 4, any stuff pack....
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I have no regrets for any purchase for sims 3. I loved everything. I do not own Katy Perry. The pack I regret for Sims 4 is Cats and Dogs. I even purchased it half off and it still was not worth the price.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    michelei wrote: »
    I even purchased it half off and it still was not worth the price.
    Which half did you get, the cats or the dogs? (sorry, tried to resist but just couldn't...) >:):p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    afai1261 wrote: »
    Cringecrew wrote: »
    Cool kitchen stuff was a waste for me in The Sims 4. And I have no idea why I even bought Katy Perry sweet stuff in the Sims 3.

I found a Katy Perry Sweet Treats in a second-hand store for like $2.50 but didn't buy it because I knew I would regret it :D

Katy Perry Sweet Treats was the only thing missing from my Sims 3 and I finally broke down and bought it last year because I hadn't had anything new for the game in such a long time.

I actually have used some of the furniture from it and updated some of my community lots with chairs and tables from it, like the bakery.

• nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited July 2018
    I have every EP and SP for Sims 1, 2 and 3. And while I didn't buy anything from the store for Sims 2 I have most of the Sims 3. I regret buying the base game for Sims 4. I knew I wouldn't like it because of what it lacked but I still bought it. (I had hope back then).
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    @igazor great comment! Seriously, I do not think I received a full half of either. Both cats and dogs feel so unfinished. Purposeful so called "design decisions" cut so much from them and the rest of the pack.
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    edited July 2018
    I almost don't touch sims 4 but I'm glad I have it for GTW.
    I almost don't touch "Supernatural" but I bought it on sale so no regrets.
    I do regret some store items. One of them (and it's probabaly just me) is the "Sizzle Baby Pro Deep Fryer". I think it's disgusting (I can practically smell the oil... blach...) and the noise it makes drives me crazy. So I don't use it... (the general "Fabulous Fiesta" set is cute, though).
    Post edited by Avatarit on
  • MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    michelei wrote: »
    I even purchased it half off and it still was not worth the price.
    Which half did you get, the cats or the dogs? (sorry, tried to resist but just couldn't...) >:):p

You just reminded me of the catz and dogz games ,my first games actually,from when I was really little. You could buy just one or have both in the same game if you had both.
    Happy Simming!♥
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    NOPE! Not regrets whatsoever... :smiley:
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    Good heavens, 1995? I'm really feeling my age. Tank and Pong. :( were the way to go when I was little. ~sigh~ Where has the time gone?
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    Sims 4 and any stuff packs and expansion packs I foolishly thought would make me enjoy the game.
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    I have played 1-4, I have all of 2 and 3 (except the store stuff). My only regret was buying 4. I couldn't believe it when the world popped up and it was so incredibly small. I tried to get attached to ANY of the Sims in 4 to no avail. I debated trying a couple of EPs to see if it would help but sanity reined that in.

I DID have a bit of regret with 3 when I first got it, to be honest. My computer at the time couldn't run it very well and it crashed a lot. I was super disappointed that I had no neighborhood family control. But after playing and enjoying 2 for a year or two recently, something someone said in the TS2 forum made me want to give TS3 a try again. And THEN, I found out I could get the entire set for $150 on the Steam summer sale. I decided to make the leap and I'm glad I did. No regrets for that purchase. I'm a non-mod player but eventually I might check out some of the mods to help me play rotationally. In the meantime, I'm having fun and really enjoy this community!
  • jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    I have all the sims games 1 - 3 and most of 4 and I don't regret a bit of it! I've watched 4 blossom from a forgettable 10 minute game to a "hey! I still want to play but I gotta stop to make dinner" 3 - 4 hour marathon (that's a marathon for me). It has vastly improved!

But my love is Sims 3. I knew from the moment I arrived breathless from the store and loaded that sucker on my old XP machine that it was love everlasting! No, it didn't play that well but it was open world(!!!) and I could decide what color of door I wanted, and I could finally fix the awful color choices EA made. So, I quickly bought a new computer that would play it better (Vista - yeah, yeah, you can laugh - I do now too :) ) and have kept improving my hardware to make it play better.

Since then, I have bought, without quibble, every EP and stuff pack made for Sims 3. If there were still a stuff pack out there I didn't have, I would be hunting it down. The store and I are old friends - I have a ton of that. Don't regret that either and still occasionally buy more. This is the best and most in-depth sim game made to date. Sims 4 may catch up but with no color wheel and no open world, I doubt it. But I don't regret having Sims 4, either, and hoping the game designers will keep trying.
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    My only regret is that I was so late getting the game (2015). If I could have bought it at launch, I would have. But, hey, better late than never! :D
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Mine would perhaps be Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff. Turns out to be the stuff pack with items that I’ve ignored for so long. I liked some CAS items when it was first released but now we can find more similar maxis-match custom contents on sites like Tumblr and turns out I didn’t care much about the ice-cream machine either. :b

Oh and the sims 3 for mobile: absolute piece of rubbish they’d released that had to they take it off the App Store.
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    I should add that even though there is a lots of hate ...disappointment for Sims 4 I have 90% of the packs and don't regret it, I don't play it that often but don't regret buying it.
  • YuriTheCreatorYuriTheCreator Posts: 60 Member
    The Sims 4, Perfect Patio stuff, and Spa Day game pack.
    It's just not for me or my play style.
    I reallllly tried getting into it last week and I ended up getting so frustrated with how chaotic the UI was so I uninstalled it three days later.
    April 8, 2015 is when I came out of that smelly old closet... 🚶‍♂️🚪
  • thevogelthevogel Posts: 753 Member
    edited July 2018
    I have no regrets with Sims 1, 2, or 3.

I however regret ever buying and playing TS4, and purchasing a couple stuff packs and 1 EP. I thought those things would make the game better...sadly it did not, and I'm out the money. I uninstalled the game, and will never put it back on my computer ever again.

Lesson learned: Never trust EA ever again.
    Post edited by thevogel on
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    I started sims with Sims 3 and have all EPs except ITF, many SPs, some store content including most of the worlds. I can't remember if I bought Barnacle Bay or if it was free, but if I paid for it I regret that since I have uninstalled it (I hate the boots showing up on everyone in town all the time).

I never bought Sims 4 so don't have anything to regret there.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    Rhiannon58 wrote: »
    I have played 1-4, I have all of 2 and 3 (except the store stuff). My only regret was buying 4. I couldn't believe it when the world popped up and it was so incredibly small. I tried to get attached to ANY of the Sims in 4 to no avail. I debated trying a couple of EPs to see if it would help but sanity reined that in.

I DID have a bit of regret with 3 when I first got it, to be honest. My computer at the time couldn't run it very well and it crashed a lot. I was super disappointed that I had no neighborhood family control. But after playing and enjoying 2 for a year or two recently, something someone said in the TS2 forum made me want to give TS3 a try again. And THEN, I found out I could get the entire set for $150 on the Steam summer sale. I decided to make the leap and I'm glad I did. No regrets for that purchase. I'm a non-mod player but eventually I might check out some of the mods to help me play rotationally. In the meantime, I'm having fun and really enjoy this community!

@Rhiannon58, So glad that you're enjoying Sims 3 now. I started Simming in Jan 2017 and am really only a relative newcomer to the Simming community (don't let the 3000+ posts fool you, I just run my mouth a lot. :D ) I had to make a choice between Sims 3 and Sims 4. My wife and I have a friend who sims too and she said "Avoid Sims 4 like the plague" so I opted to take her advice and go with Sims 3. And believe me, it's the best choice I ever made. Really happy that you got the whole set on Steam for $150.00. That's a bargain.

Glad to see you're here and enjoying the community.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • MinaiMinai Posts: 704 Member
    Laundry day...
    Im going to uninstall it. Its irritating to me...
  • jonesyKSjonesyKS Posts: 204 Member
    Sims 3 KP Sweet Treats, luckily it was a Christmas present so I didn't waste my own money on it!
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2018
    jonesyKS wrote: »
    Sims 3 KP Sweet Treats, luckily it was a Christmas present so I didn't waste my own money on it!
    I don't own that one, it's not my cup of tea (or sugar water). But from what I understand, some of the content is actually very nice once put through some serious CASt edits.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net