Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Building with Seasons

SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
Hello.
A suggestion to the creators: please add a seasons toggle button for building like the day and night button. I can't build when I can't see the plants/flowers in bloom. I don't know what looks good together. Thanks bye.

edit: also, snow gets in the way. I like the seasons but would like to be able to build at all times.
Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)

Comments

• SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Which simguru to mention to get this across maybe?

Also does anyone have any tips on building in seasons. I don't wanna wait a whole year for summer to do landscaping. :/ And I do not have a sim constantly who can change seasons. I play legacy so my sims die even if some are able to use the weather machine.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited July 2018
    Here's a tip I learned from watching a Let's Play by TheSimsSupply (aka James Turner). If you go into a lot to build from the manage worlds screen, it'll be bright, sunny Summer like it was all the time before Seasons no matter what season you are currently experiencing. All the flowers will be blooming then, everything is green, nothing effected by Seasons. Hope that helps!

I agree though that when in build mode from your lot, it should be like it is now in Manage Worlds. Hopefully a change will be made to add this feature. :)

Happy Simming! <3
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    Here's a tip I learned from watching a Let's Play by TheSimsSupply (aka James Turner). If you go into a lot to build from the manage worlds screen, it'll be bright, sunny Summer like it was all the time before Seasons no matter what season you are currently experiencing. All the flowers will be blooming then, everything is green, nothing effected by Seasons. Hope that helps!

I agree though that when in build mode from your lot, it should be like it is now in Manage Worlds. Hopefully a change will be made to add this feature. :)

Happy Simming! <3

Ugh. This sucks. I wanna use my sims' money for building, that's why they go to work and earn money. I guess I gotta cheat the money I used through Manage Worlds off of my sims' funds. :neutral:
    But thanks for the tip. I never knew about this. At least I can build now.
    edited July 2018
    @Simpkin Huh? I'm confused. Why would you have to deduct simoleans to build in Manage Worlds? You can use your Sims own money when building in Manage Worlds. Any occupied lot that you go into from Manage Worlds and build from there will deduct simoleans from their household account. I'm sure there's a good reason you think they can't do this, for the life of me I just can't figure out what it would be. o.O

Oh and you're welcome anyway, glad I could help. But it's really James Turner that deserves the kudos. I wouldn't have known about this either if I hadn't watched one of his Let's Plays. :)
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    @Simpkin Huh? I'm confused. Why would you have to deduct simoleans to build in Manage Worlds? You can use your Sims own money when building in Manage Worlds. Any occupied lot that you go into from Manage Worlds and build from there will deduct simoleans from their household account. I'm sure there's a good reason you think they can't do this, for the life of me I just can't figure out what it would be. o.O

Oh and you're welcome anyway, glad I could help. But it's really James Turner that deserves the kudos. I wouldn't have known about this either if I hadn't watched one of his Let's Plays. :)
    lol see I wouldn't know that either lol since I never build via Manage worlds. :D Then all is good :D thanks. Just to be sure, when building retail lots, the money goes off of the family's account aswell, right? I haven't had the time to play and test it out myself yet.
    @Simpkin I haven't built a retail lot in awhile, but if I recall correctly, yes, the money for it is deducted from whatever funds you have deposited into the retail lot account. :)
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    If one does not own the lot you're building on, you can build with infinite funds.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png