Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What would you do with the lottery money?

So if I understand correctly, the prize for winning the lottery that pops up as a surprise holiday in Seasons is one million simoleons. Has anyone here had their sim win that (or marry the random townie who won? :tongue: )? What are your ideas for using it? I honestly have no idea how to spend that kind of money in the game. Maybe move to a castle, buy a chain of restaurants and spend lots of time on expensive vacations?

Comments

• ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I think the amount changes. I read that someone's sim won 1000 simpletons.

BUT if they won a million? The best lot and maybe a fancy restaurant :smiley:
    giphy.gif
  • ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    Total renovation of their current home (they live on a large lot, so lots of space to play). I have never played any Sim whobhad 1 million simoleons, ever! And then maybe buy a restaurant or someone suggested buying a store lot, building a fancy house on it and using it like a second home.
  • PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    Happened to my Sims family earlier this week, mum was in labour with there first child. I had a notification she was giving birth and the rosebud achievement at the same time. At first I thought it was a glitch, until another notification that dad had won the lottery. They got a house extension and have lots of money in the bank.
  • sheronparrissheronparris Posts: 64 Member
    My sims just got lottery day but neither won, unfortunately.
  • BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    I can never win the Lottery... But if I did win, I would probably make a newer bigger and better house for my Sims, and I would probably make them quit their jobs (MAYBE). I would keep the rest in their bank account I guess.
    Proud simmer
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    My sims murdered a lottery millionaire townie and stole her fortune! They moved into one of the mansions.

You know, I have Dine Out but have never owned a restaurant. Too many simmers stated on here it was not as fun as it should be so I didn't bother.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    Hm, I might differ a bit, but I have no idea how to spend 1 million. Such a huge amount would practically mean endless access to funds. If I had the jungle pack, the winner could by a nice vacation home and go there often. But in general I prefer smaller homes, and I find it a better challenge if they get short of money every now and then. So maybe my sim should rather win a surprise fee of §10.000? LOL.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I like the idea of a second home! I've done that with a couple of my rich legacy families. One family used to live in a large penthouse, but then they moved to an apartment instead and bought a summer house on the island of Windenburg. The only thing you need to do is hide a cash register somewhere, and you can have a vacation home that is technically a retail store. The downside is you can't throw parties there.

The family that owns a luxury apartment plus a summer villa are less then halfways to owning a million simoleons though, so to spend that kind of money they would need a vacation home in every world.

It would make sense that the prize amount varies, I hope that's the case.
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    I'm not sure what I would do with it, my current family has built their way up to 200,000 already so I'm not sure I need any more money! Although I am planning to move them out...

One question though - I play Seasons on 2 week cycles and I believe I've gone through 2 sim 'years' (so roughly about 16 sim weeks) but have yet to come across this calendar event, and it's the only one that I haven't seen yet. I have had 3 TV Premieres and 2 of the others, but the lottery is the only one I haven't come across! Is there any way I could trigger this event? Is there a cheat?
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I've had one sim won. I ended up having the whole household (4 adults and a dog) quit their jobs, and they had fun for a while. The funny part was after my sim won, some guy who was part of the Welcome to the Neighborhood" group had called my sim up out of the blue wanting to hang out. He stated it has nothing to do with the winnings, but the funny part was that was the first she ever heard from him since that one time. Needless to say, she didn't hang out with him. She won a million semolians.
  • VenessaVeeVenessaVee Posts: 187 Member
    So each of my sims have bought tickets ... just wondering, how do you know you've won? Will there be a notification?
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    VenessaVee wrote: »
    So each of my sims have bought tickets ... just wondering, how do you know you've won? Will there be a notification?

There'll be a notification at the end of the lottery day if not a couple hours after.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member

There'll be a notification at the end of the lottery day if not a couple hours after.

Actually, you won't find out who won until the day after lottery day. Any Sim who buys a ticket will get 100 satisfaction points when lottery day ends.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »

Actually, you won't find out who won until the day after lottery day. Any Sim who buys a ticket will get 100 satisfaction points when lottery day ends.

Well, after lottery day is the day after lottery day, is it not? ;)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Either move them or totally switch to a different household to play because that would be boring.
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    I am playing the 100 baby challenge and my Mom won the first lottery held! She bought a huge plot and built a dream house.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Try to see how many generations it takes to squander it all.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    My sim bought a new house. Just a moderately priced one so he still has loads of money. H e will go on a few vacations now and enjoy the good life.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    It would probably get boring very fast tbh if my Sim ever won.

I should probably stop playing if I don't want them to win, but I can resist the temptation.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Depends on the save -- I have a floral shop in Brindleton Bay that closed because both the owners died (they were pretty old) so if I won, I'd move to the big house in Brindleton Bay and get the garden going, then my Sim's kids or grandkids could go into flower arranging then buy the flower shop and refurbish the first floor, then I'd play other households to come shop at the flower shop. I'd play the original household oncein a while to freshen up the stock. When they get to level 9 I might have them make a few death-flower scented arrangements and see who dies. >:)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Probably say good-bye to their boss, but then again, unlike IRL, there's not many ways to get interest on that prize without either cheating, working hard, or wishing for a bank...lol
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    My sim won one million simoleon, I cheated the money away.
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Lots of interesting replies! I understand @Chazzzy and @SiliClone though, suddenly having unlimited cash does seem a bit boring. Which is why my sims didn't participate in the last lottery.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I'll renovate the house, give donation every day, give money as a gift to any Sims I come across with.. and keep some for the next generations.. I prefer not to keep that much money (say a million) because it will feel less meaningful to play while struggling to keep the household running...

My Sims never won the lottery yet, but, in one of my save games, Bob won a million, while in the current save game, Candy won the lottery.. :#
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • BK747BK747 Posts: 174 Member
    Has anyone figured out whether there are certain factors that influence if an active sim wins the lottery or if it truly is completely by random chance?