Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My fishies keep dying! :(

So I have the LTW of having the perfect aquarium. I have 2 large aquarium tanks (they hold 6 fish each). I was 2 away from my goal... now I am 3 away. My fish keep dying and I don't know why! I feed them every day. Anyone ever have this issue? I am not sure if it has something to do with the aquarium or if I am just doing something wrong. My tragic clownfish.... tragic. ::sniff::
The Palmer Legacy -- Generation 1

It all started with Zack & Blair....

Comments

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I keep them in my inventory or a cabinet from Supernatural until I have them all. Then I put them out in the individual little tanks. If I remember correctly it won't register in the big aquariums. They die too fast if you leave them in the bowls. :(
  • Options
    MKSizzleMKSizzle Posts: 557 Member
    I don't know why I didn't just think to do that. Keep them in my inventory, I mean. I am just scared I will forget and use them or sell them by accident. Haha I would do something like that. Air for brains, over here... I also didn't know that about the aquariums! I guess I will have to have a bunch of little fishbowls all over the house. :)

• Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited July 2018
    The other problem with stocking an aquarium is that, you know, some of the fish are carnivores, and, well...
    (I mean, I don't blame them. I like sashimi too.)

You may find this discussion interesting:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/936763/disappearing-goldfish

Also, when one of my sims has that LTW, I always keep the perfect specimens in the fridge. Since my sims never cook without my direction, it's easy to keep the fish separate until the family has thirteen of them.
  • Options
    MKSizzleMKSizzle Posts: 557 Member
    @puzzlezaddict Wow never even thought about the fact that my fish might eat each other. Oops hahaha. I wonder if that was the problem

• Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    You called em fishies :bawling: do not know why but saying it cute makes it sound ten times worse.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    I never tried, but I would guess you could keep fish in a WA storage chest? Seems like that would make them easy to organize and prevent any chance of eating them or selling them by accident until you're ready to put them in fish bowls.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    MKSizzle wrote: »
    @puzzlezaddict Wow never even thought about the fact that my fish might eat each other. Oops hahaha. I wonder if that was the problem

If you put any fish that can be used for bait into an aquarium with the fish it is the bait for, it will get eaten.
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    While we're talking about it, fishies can woohoo in the big aquariums too. Put 2 types of the same fish in there and a couple days later you'll have 3. :D:*<3
    giphy.gif

• Options
    Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    I keep them in my inventory or a cabinet from Supernatural until I have them all. Then I put them out in the individual little tanks. If I remember correctly it won't register in the big aquariums. They die too fast if you leave them in the bowls. :(

Interesting conversation as I'm sure one of my Sims will eventually get this wish.

You say they die fast in bowls? Why is that? I have one fish in a bowl and every day I have one of my Sims feed it. So far, it's been alive long enough for my second gen to be born and for that child to grow up and have two kids of her own (both toddlers right now). So I'm worried that the family pet, a black gold fish named Harvey, might die!
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    They'll die eventually, but "too fast" doesn't necessarily mean the same thing to everybody. They'll die in the aquarium too, eventually, just as aquarium fish do in real life. But if you put two of the same kind in an aquarium, you'll get new ones to replace them.

After the last time I sent a sim scuba diving in IP, I decided that next time I'm going to have my sim catch two seahorses and put them in an aquarium together. They are worth a lot of simoleons, so a sim could make some good money raising them, if they reproduce the same as the regular fish.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Rhiannon58 wrote: »
    bekkasan wrote: »

Interesting conversation as I'm sure one of my Sims will eventually get this wish.

You say they die fast in bowls? Why is that? I have one fish in a bowl and every day I have one of my Sims feed it. So far, it's been alive long enough for my second gen to be born and for that child to grow up and have two kids of her own (both toddlers right now). So I'm worried that the family pet, a black gold fish named Harvey, might die!

Too fast in the sense that you cannot always collect what you need for the LTW before the first few die so I leave them in inventory, chest or in one of the supernatural cabinets until I have all of them, then I put them out in the bowls. I don't use fridge as I'm afraid my sims might cook them into fish sticks!
    Eventually they die no matter how good you are about feeding them. :(
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    suzses wrote: »
    I never tried, but I would guess you could keep fish in a WA storage chest? Seems like that would make them easy to organize and prevent any chance of eating them or selling them by accident until you're ready to put them in fish bowls.

I do keep my fish in storage chests. They work well but it feels a bit strange when doing it.
  • Options
    @Karritz :D I'm sure it does feel strange, but I figure if I've learned to deal with cars in backpacks, I can learn to deal with most anything like that.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited July 2018
    @suzses I've got CapitalSims. I end up with tanks in my backpack. :( Does anyone really know just how much an M1 A2 Abrams weighs? Fully loaded an Abrams weighs 75 tons. My sim shouldn't be able to pick himself off the ground.

Then again there's THIS guy.
    https://youtu.be/tls-Jli6eQE :shock: "strongman pulls Boeing 767".
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    @Nikkei_Simmer Poor sims :D I suppose we don't need to feel sorry for Mark. He must have been getting paid? And besides chose to do that on his own. Not like a tank just landed in his backpack out of the clear blue.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    @suzses I've got CapitalSims. I end up with tanks in my backpack. :( Does anyone really know just how much an M1 A2 Abrams weighs? Fully loaded an Abrams weighs 75 tons. My sim shouldn't be able to pick himself off the ground.
    I just think of Sim inventories as a variation of D&D bags of holding... "pocket" dimensions, if you will. :wink::lol: