Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Things or Bug Fixes?

Which do you impatiently wait for, and why?
New content or bug fixes for old things?
Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti

New Things or Bug Fixes? 178 votes

New Content
48% 87 votes
Bug fixes
51% 91 votes

Comments

• NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I didn't vote, because I feel both are important - not either or. There are many groups of people to consider and please as a developer.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited July 2018
    It depends on the kind of bugs really. If they are huge and game-breaking for many, or just utterly annoying without work-arounds, bug fixes are far more important. If the bugs are just minor and happen rarely or have work-arounds, I would much rather see new content.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    I don't really care much for the new content that comes in patches. It's great but at it's core, patches are traditionally for bug fixes which the game desperately needs.
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    I like getting new content, I can live with most of the bugs as I don't seem to get many and I never really notice them.
    I wish they would bring back the spiral staircase as some of my houses are crying out for them, a normal staircase does not always work in my homes..
  • ierolovrr31ierolovrr31 Posts: 52 Member
    Both are important but I would rather have some bugs dealt with first then new content. New content always seems to either bring about new bugs or cause old ones to resurface. If we focus of fixing the ones the plague the game first before adding the possibility of having new ones arise. Bugs can cause the game to be hard to play, out of sheer frustration.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited July 2018
    The way these things work in a software company, there's zero reason for it not to be both. Developers can't spend all their time fixing bugs that QA finds. They need stuff to do in between. That means new stuff. It's simply not an either/or in reality, ever, and it can't be one from a business perspective. You can't just focus on bugs.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I really can't decide between them but I chose bug fixs anyway. Fixes are necessary.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Kali_DurgaKali_Durga Posts: 197 Member
    i have already accepted the fact that bug fixes are not ever gonna happen so..
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Both!
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Easy answer I wait for new content rarely is there a bug that effects my game not once have I thought they fixed some bugs I'm going to check the game out.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited July 2018
    Eliharb wrote: »
    Which do you impatiently wait for, and why?
    New content or bug fixes for old things?

New things. Right now I need a Pool Stuffpack. More items for pools.

Edit
    I misread but I still want a Pool SP. I still prefer a big update to the base game like cars over bug fixes.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I constantly prefer a game pack that includes a professional singing career similar to Showtime.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Are there any major bugs at the moment? I’m not aware of any in my game?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

Sims freezing.
  • SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

Basically the winters are quite deadly, partly because Sims are not dressing appropriately for the weather. Like during my last Winterfest, every single dang walk-by was dressed in their Party outfits and turning blue instead of in their actual cold weather clothes.

Thing is, the previous winter, NO ONE in my save died. It wasn't until I moved from Windenburg to Newcrest that I started having all these cold weather deaths, so I think it might depend on the size and pathing routes of each neighborhood if you're seeing this or not.
  • Tan80Tan80 Posts: 72 Member
    I wish they would just fix the clock when the time speeds up.
  • charlesbergcharlesberg Posts: 88 Member
    I voted for fixes, no point in releasing all these new packs if basic game mechanics / gameplay is buggy.
    Signature here. No here. Never-mind.
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Honestly please fix some stuff before releasing new stuff.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Hoping they can fix this mess....:

dVoxiQp.png

My queue just went crazy a few moments ago.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    edited July 2018
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    *image*

I think they did, no? http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/944269/july-10-2018-patch-notes#latest
    Cats & Dogs
    • Cats and dogs should no longer fill your Sims’ queue with interactions. We want the pets to be friendly, but perhaps not that friendly.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 783 Member
    I'd rather have bug fixes. Having new content doesn't mean anything if bugs and glitches are getting in the way of my gameplay.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I wish they would fix the teleporting bug
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Eliharb wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    *image*

I think they did, no? http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/944269/july-10-2018-patch-notes#latest
    Cats & Dogs
    • Cats and dogs should no longer fill your Sims’ queue with interactions. We want the pets to be friendly, but perhaps not that friendly.

Not fixed for me.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    I've never seen such a buggy game as this one. While I enjoy getting new stuff in patches, there's no excuse for the state the game is in so I like how they have shifted their focus to bug fixes for patches.
  • skelebeeskelebee Posts: 101 Member
    New content always breaks the game even further, so I feel that they should focus (for once) on trying to fix what they already have before inevitably introducing more issues.