Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyways since Oasis Springs don't get snow, in Winter guess what I decided to do.

Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
I turned it into a abandoned town, that only townies live, I will make the part of the town that had any look like buildings are falling apart this should be so munch fun. The town got eradiated by an Asteroid that struck the area of the town all the remains is a few buildings and because of the high amount of radiation in the atmosphere it don't snow there during the winter so I think I might create like a little garden park there.

I hope this works, I am in the process of moving all my families home out of the desert once they are all moved out I will tear down all the houses except for the walls of some of them, so it looks like its a ghost town. Also I can put ruin stuff on one side and the other perfect. I will post pictures when I am done with my innovation.
Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member
    Good luck with your project. Obviously Oasis Springs isn't High Desert. Sadness.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    That's just silly so what Oasis springs cant get snow you just Abandon it
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited July 2018
    I actually really enjoyed the fact that it doesn't snow in Oasis Springs. I most likely wouldn't have purchased Seasons otherwise.
    I would definitely like to see some picture of your Oasis Springs. I never thought about creating an abandoned town in this game. I think the backdrops would ruin the immersion for me, as they would look completely normal.

I'm not so sure if an asteroid impact would cause these high amounts of radiation to cause weather changes, but I could be totally wrong though.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I have to correct myself, Oasis Springs indeed can get snow:

18.07.18_03-00-36.png

It's not even winter yet, I'm still at the beginning of fall :D It's weird, but also seems to be a rare occurence.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    *peeks out window*

I live in the desert, it's winter, it's also about 18C today, and it never snows here. Hasn't since the last ice age.
    There hasn't even been any rain in the last 3 weeks.

I wish it would rain. The city I moved from has had rain, rain and more rain over the last few weeks.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited July 2018
    Movotti wrote: »
    *peeks out window*

I live in the desert, it's winter, it's also about 18C today, and it never snows here. Hasn't since the last ice age.

I wish it would rain. The city I moved from has had rain, rain and more rain over the last few weeks.

Some deserts do get snow occasionally. Reno, Nevada gets snow often in winter and even Las Vegas gets snow on occasion.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=W5bkbn_dntE

But I suspect Oasis Springs is more like Las Vegas where it only snows rarely and when it does snow, it doesn't last long.
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I'd love to see your pics when you post them. I enjoy themed neighborhood remodels.
    6riwm5.png
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I can't wait to see the pics.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited July 2018
    I wouldn't have a problem so munch if I could use the weather machine for snow to stick in the desert. In Oasis Springs it will snow, but it won't never stick not even the weather machine can control that. The TS3 weather machine was way better, so I decided to abended the desert until they make an update to the weather machine to allow it to snow, better yet, I bet they didn't even encode a snow layer in Oasis Springs, but what do I know. I can't post pictures until I get out of jail. However, but what do I know? Oh well my jailtime will be up on Saturday. Until than I have been hiding and will continue to hide this was just to see if they got my email which they didn't so back to hiding, you are free to comment on this post until I return, just keep it clean, because I don't want another post of my flagged again I was lucky to get this one in before they jailed me:(

Now going back into my log. :)

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    aaronjc123 wrote: »
    Some deserts do get snow occasionally.
    I wish mine would :(

Snow in the Sahara is so trippy looking

snow-in-sahara_759_reuters.jpg
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    You could bulldoze the biggest lot, the park, and add a rock that you size up to the size of a huge meteor and add a few smaller sized rocks around it like it hit OS hard and the resulting quake shook buildings apart. Then, go to the closest buildings around the park and add a sized-up rock to the buildings using MOO as if the crashed into a corner of a building.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    aaronjc123 wrote: »
    Movotti wrote: »
    *peeks out window*

Some deserts do get snow occasionally. Reno, Nevada gets snow often in winter and even Las Vegas gets snow on occasion.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=W5bkbn_dntE

But I suspect Oasis Springs is more like Las Vegas where it only snows rarely and when it does snow, it doesn't last long.
    I always see Oasis springs like Henderson. So yeah, more like around 4 inches of total precipitation for the year.
  • takenbysheeptakenbysheep Posts: 343 Member
    This is an awesome idea! I'm excited to see how it ends up.

I've seen a lot of people mad about how snow in oasis springs is done, but I think it's pretty cool and accurate. The deserts near me will get extremely cold in the winter but the most snow they ever get is a tiny sprinkle. Having the desert covered in blankets of snow would be weird and unrealistic if you ask me, but having it just as hot as summer would also be strange.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    This is an awesome idea! I'm excited to see how it ends up.

I've seen a lot of people mad about how snow in oasis springs is done, but I think it's pretty cool and accurate. The deserts near me will get extremely cold in the winter but the most snow they ever get is a tiny sprinkle. Having the desert covered in blankets of snow would be weird and unrealistic if you ask me, but having it just as hot as summer would also be strange.

Yes, I grew up in an upper desert town. It looks beautiful to see Joshua trees with snow and the desert blanketed with it. It only happened once that I can remember in the 18 years I was there. But, it gets very cold in the winter, just such a small amount of precipitation.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    when you think about it if enough snow really did fall in the desserts, we wouldn't have desserts.
    I guess I hide in my log for another day. I have not played TS4 or posted since I got jailed, except occasionally, posted in this thread. Seasons ruined my emersion of what I considered desert and it could be a high desert with mountain ranges in the background. If I knew the desert didn't let snow stick I would have never bought seasons and I was questioning about uninstalling it until they added a way for it to stick in the desert, but there is so munch other features I like I decided just to move my family out of the desert.

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Got a mod for you, @Sid1701D9 - the True Desert file from this set: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=615376
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    You could potentially request that creator make a snowtastic desert mod for you.
    6riwm5.png
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Making it like the Sonora would be good enough for me, no need for disasters. A book by a former neighbor there has awakened long dormant 60+ year old memories, good ones. Maybe I'll give OS a shot.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited July 2018
    Deleted.
  • KatzMeowzKatzMeowz Posts: 894 Member
    when you think about it if enough snow really did fall in the desserts, we wouldn't have desserts.

lolol...we get more snow here in ABQ than when I lived in the mid-South. I actually own a snow shovel.
  • kamra19610kamra19610 Posts: 461 Member
    How creative. I love that idea.
    edited July 2018

Edit thanks EA_Cian post was edited to conform with EA Terms of Service and Forum Rules.

I don't really feel like playing The Sims 4 anymore? I loved the desert lot it reminds me of where I live. I always assumed it was a high desert, but the fact that the climate of the desert is locked to hot heatwave and then cool in in the fall and winter, it makes me feel like they left 70% of all deserts out by deciding Oasis Spring was not going to have a true winter season, this means any families that live in Oasis Spring will not be able to participate with any of the winter activities like building snowman, snowpals, I do get the deserts around the studio don't get snow. What qualifies as a desert from dictionary.com http://www.dictionary.com/browse/desert

See even areas that have lots of water can be called a desert because it supports limited life. Antarctica is considered a desert even though it is cover in snow. The Siberia plans are considered a desert because the soil is covered in ice. Areas of the pacific Ocean are considered deserts with plenty of water are considered deserts because that area produces no life or limited life. There is a new desert called the Hawaiian Lava fields, it is considered a desert because the land has been scared. Its not the temperatures or what precipitation that falls, but how munch that determines how munch rain/snow/ice/sleet determines how arid the climate is. Even the great plans of the United States of American could be considered a desert even though grass grows wildly there, with a few trees and scattering of rolling hills, the same definition applies area of limited bio diversity and limited useable water.

So I like others was so excited to experience all that seasons had to throw at us when I first got seasons I love summer, I loved fall and than I stopped went to through the whole winter season in Oasis Springs and only get sunsnow, no accumulation of snow to build snowpals to start snowball fights, yep that is right, I even changed the forcast on the weather machine to snow snow now, but the snow never stuck. That is when my empersion of a high desert ended because the game decided what climate my sims where living in and if I wanted the snow I had to go some place else. The game promised us we would experience all 4 seasons in Seasons, but they did not say that families in Oasis Springs would only see snow flurries and sunsnow and not even the weather machine could change it. So did they not bother to add a snow layer to Oasis Springs? they must have not did there research on deserts around the world to get deserts so wrong. So here comes my plan I vow to turn OASIS Springs to into a Abandoned Ghost town with falling apart buildings and will not play in Oasis Springs until the fix desert to snow via the weather machine so that though that want to play in high desert climates can and though that don't can have there usually hot and toasty places where you will never freeze or never know the joys of snowball fights or building snowpals. Though that support me, EA knows what neighborhoods you play if you avoid desert play in the game they will notice.

All I ask is they fix the weather machine and the desert so snow will stick or I am turning that little town into a john wayne movie.

Edit: pictures coming as soon as I start playing again.

Edit: note while trying to modify the desert my game is completely unplayable so I may I have to start all over with a New Save:(

Edited for content. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by Sid1701D9 on