Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any hints on Summer Strut?

You’re right everybody, we see one song in this 90s/early 2000s/summer-themed radio stations. What do you think?

Comments

• QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Are you implying that including a song with the lyrics “school’s out forever” is a hint that we are getting more schooling in the form of a university ep? That’s the only song I remember from that station.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    Are you implying that including a song with the lyrics “school’s out forever” is a hint that we are getting more schooling in the form of a university ep? That’s the only song I remember from that station.

I think he means a hint towards an R&B and Hip Hop Station Coming.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    No I'm implying that there was a song by Nelly
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member

plz, no.

I'm waiting for darkwave, EBM, industrial... dark stuff, good stuff.
    Can they get Marilyn Manson singing in simlish?
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    Movotti wrote: »

plz, no.

Not yet
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    To quote @SimGuruGrant on Twitter: "Guys."

They're just songs having to do with summer or sunshine (though my worlds seem to have way more thunderstorms in summer):

Cruel Summer
    Walking on Sunshine
    Hot in Herre
    Steal My Sunshine
    School's Out (For Summer)

Doubt there's any sort of hint there.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Mbryo1339Mbryo1339 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Movotti said:
    > catloverplayer wrote: »
    >
    > QueenMercy wrote: »
    >
    > Are you implying that including a song with the lyrics “school’s out forever” is a hint that we are getting more schooling in the form of a university ep? That’s the only song I remember from that station.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I think he means a hint towards an R&B and Hip Hop Station Coming.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > plz, no.
    >
    > I'm waiting for darkwave, EBM, industrial... dark stuff, good stuff.
    > Can they get Marilyn Manson singing in simlish?

EDM, industrial...good stuff? Hahah. That isn't even music. It's garbage. Then you say "plz no" to Hip Hop? I think it's kind of messed up not to have Hip Hop. But good lord EDM is awful.
    @Mbryo1339

EBM
    Not EDM.

It and industrial are what keeps my blood pumping, they're better than good.

Hip hop is not necessary. Trip hop? maybe.
    New wave, darkwave, industrial and EDM are needed. The game is lacking without them. The main characters running from the start are the Goth family, where is the Goth music?
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited July 2018
    I don't think it's a hint, but I want the radio stations.
    Post edited by thatsnotsweg on
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member

plz, no.

Yes! Now we're talking!
    #Team Occult
    Mbryo1339 wrote: »
    > @Movotti said:
    > catloverplayer wrote: »
    >
    > QueenMercy wrote: »
    >
    > Are you implying that including a song with the lyrics “school’s out forever” is a hint that we are getting more schooling in the form of a university ep? That’s the only song I remember from that station.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I think he means a hint towards an R&B and Hip Hop Station Coming.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > plz, no.
    >
    > I'm waiting for darkwave, EBM, industrial... dark stuff, good stuff.
    > Can they get Marilyn Manson singing in simlish?

EDM, industrial...good stuff? Hahah. That isn't even music. It's garbage. Then you say "plz no" to Hip Hop? I think it's kind of messed up not to have Hip Hop. But good lord EDM is awful.
    See, Mybryo's right. There are songs and the title for a hint.
  • ElizabethMcElizabethMc Posts: 103 Member
    Saying "hip hop is not necessary" when there is this obvious unaddressed large gap without it seems very... biased. The hole left without hip hop is massive. Just because you're not into something personally doesn't mean it should be culturally invisible, neglected, or ignored. Not to mention "trip hop" wouldn't even exist without hip hop. Looking for "goth music"? They have the Spooky station.

And I love NIN & trip hop. (Hey, remember when Dr. Dre helped Trent work on The Fragile?)
    51933350_10157123903496029_4290593889716273152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQm2LuB9LApTdQSKlxPj0cx6XqQg9IesqTg0FX_Cs5sogqyRjcisK6oNSbsY0N0_9lwt4vNOYOiUqMNjNLvZACdN&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=6ab7359b62d930c33633ffd719730e38&oe=5D5F18F9
    Check out my Random Sims Skills Generator and more.
    Saying "hip hop is not necessary" when there is this obvious unaddressed large gap without it seems very... biased. The hole left without hip hop is massive. Just because you're not into something personally doesn't mean it should be culturally invisible, neglected, or ignored. Not to mention "trip hop" wouldn't even exist without hip hop. Looking for "goth music"? They have the Spooky station.

And I love NIN & trip hop. (Hey, remember when Dr. Dre helped Trent work on The Fragile?)

The spooky station isn't goth. :/

But hopefully my point is made, as sarcastic as it was.
    Why should hip hop be added, but not nindustrial, darkwave, etc?
    The Goths lack Goth music, it's a far bigger hole than the lack of hip hop.

All these threads whining about the lack of hiphop, and little else, grate on my nerves, there's a lot of genres that are lacking. Where's the grunge? Where's the old school emo and screamo (not MCR)? Where's the disco? Where's the new romantics and new wave? Where's the dark cabaret?

Some decent Darkwave and goth should have been included in the Vampires pack. All we got sounds like tim burton soundtracks.
    Where's the punk? We get punk outfits, but no punk music? What's with that?

Previous versions of the game had some ok music, this version lacks anything I want to listen to.
    Spooky definitely suffices for goth, and any dark alternative, but there is absolutely no hip hop. You want all these niche subgenres but not one major genre? It's not realistic nor fair. A lot of the genres you claim are missing (like grunge) are not major genres, just subgenres of already accommodated genres. Rock/alternative are there. Hip hop isn't. We don't have anything that represents soul, r&b, hip hop or rap. People should be "whining" about it, but you're mad we don't have something called "screamo"?

Look, maybe we can just split the difference and both be grateful we don't have to deal with Katy Perry this time. *shrug*
    51933350_10157123903496029_4290593889716273152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQm2LuB9LApTdQSKlxPj0cx6XqQg9IesqTg0FX_Cs5sogqyRjcisK6oNSbsY0N0_9lwt4vNOYOiUqMNjNLvZACdN&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=6ab7359b62d930c33633ffd719730e38&oe=5D5F18F9
    Well we mentioned Nicki Minaj for a song to recorded in simlish during the livestream of a console version of The Sims 4.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Tbis whole thread goes to show that music tastes are very subjective and no one is going to be completely happy by the end of the Sims 4 run.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    Tbis whole thread goes to show that music tastes are very subjective and no one is going to be completely happy by the end of the Sims 4 run.
    It's OK! Grant said we're not leaving, they're continuing this series until my favorite music is back!
    Spooky definitely suffices for goth, and any dark alternative,
    No, it doesn't.
    It's like saying the addams family theme suffices for Aesthetic Perfection. They're nothing alike.
    but there is absolutely no hip hop.
    There's no grunge either.
    You want all these niche subgenres but not one major genre? It's not realistic nor fair.
    Looks like my post may have been too dramatic.
    I really just asking the Darkwave station to return, in a really dramatic way. Think of me as Thor's dramatic drama goth siblings.
    A lot of the genres you claim are missing (like grunge) are not major genres, just subgenres of already accommodated genres.
    Grunge is pretty major.
    Rock/alternative are there.
    But it's too poppy, not enough heavy rocky. :(
    And alternative is too much of a blanket term. There's a heck of a lot of pop that gets mislabelled as alternative. Alternative is supposed to be music that is not attached to a major label.

Meanwhile, pop is what the major labels decide is going to be popular. A lot of modern R&B is just pop.

SO, as your comment about goth being the spooky station, if you want R&B, listen to the pop station. No? Don't think that's fair? Then maybe you're understanding how I feel. The game needs more diverse genres.
    Hip hop isn't. We don't have anything that represents soul, r&b, hip hop or rap. People should be "whining" about it,
    Thus, we should also be whining about ALL the other genres that are not included. Where's the metal? Where's the numetal? I want it shiny and chrome.
    but you're mad we don't have something called "screamo"?
    No, I'm not mad about it... Have you never heard of screamo? It's actually a subgenre of emo (not MCR, they're not emo at all). But I do recommend that people take the time to listen to CTTS. It's mind bending stuff. Where's the Nordic folk rock electro pop? I seriously listen to that. Check out Eivør for something life changing.
    Look, maybe we can just split the difference and both be grateful we don't have to deal with Katy Perry this time. *shrug*
    LOL good point.

My overall point is, there's a LOT of genres that the game doesn't have.
    I don't feel that hip hop is the be all and end all of music, it's not relevant to my game, but other genres are, so why don't we instead, whine about the lack of ALL the other genres?

Why add hip hop but not darkwave? Why not add both? Why not have another teen social cliques pack, that includes both hip hop and darkwave/goth? Or have a variety of diverse genres included in a battle of the bands pack, or at least in a uni pack? I'm still waiting for drums.

12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Well we mentioned Nicki Minaj for a song to recorded in simlish during the livestream of a console version of The Sims 4.

ugh
    That needs balancing out with a nice bit of TISM.
    Spooky definitely suffices for goth, and any dark alternative,
    No, it doesn't.
    It's like saying the addams family theme suffices for Aesthetic Perfection. They're nothing alike.
    but there is absolutely no hip hop.
    There's no grunge either.
    You want all these niche subgenres but not one major genre? It's not realistic nor fair.
    Looks like my post may have been too dramatic.
    I really just asking the Darkwave station to return, in a really dramatic way. Think of me as Thor's dramatic drama goth siblings.
    A lot of the genres you claim are missing (like grunge) are not major genres, just subgenres of already accommodated genres.
    Grunge is pretty major.
    Rock/alternative are there.
    But it's too poppy, not enough heavy rocky. :(
    And alternative is too much of a blanket term. There's a heck of a lot of pop that gets mislabelled as alternative. Alternative is supposed to be music that is not attached to a major label.

Meanwhile, pop is what the major labels decide is going to be popular. A lot of modern R&B is just pop.

SO, as your comment about goth being the spooky station, if you want R&B, listen to the pop station. No? Don't think that's fair? Then maybe you're understanding how I feel. The game needs more diverse genres.
    Hip hop isn't. We don't have anything that represents soul, r&b, hip hop or rap. People should be "whining" about it,
    Thus, we should also be whining about ALL the other genres that are not included. Where's the metal? Where's the numetal? I want it shiny and chrome.
    but you're mad we don't have something called "screamo"?
    No, I'm not mad about it... Have you never heard of screamo? It's actually a subgenre of emo (not MCR, they're not emo at all). But I do recommend that people take the time to listen to CTTS. It's mind bending stuff. Where's the Nordic folk rock electro pop? I seriously listen to that. Check out Eivør for something life changing.
    LOL good point.

My overall point is, there's a LOT of genres that the game doesn't have.
    I don't feel that hip hop is the be all and end all of music, it's not relevant to my game, but other genres are, so why don't we instead, whine about the lack of ALL the other genres?

Why add hip hop but not darkwave? Why not add both? Why not have another teen social cliques pack, that includes both hip hop and darkwave/goth? Or have a variety of diverse genres included in a battle of the bands pack, or at least in a uni pack? I'm still waiting for drums.

12JEREMIA wrote: »

ugh
    That needs balancing out with a nice bit of TISM.
    Well our offensive producer of The Sims 4 is Grant Rodiek, and Backyard replaces Country and NuDisco replaces Disco. I don't care about that waiting, I'm still in the rush. And during the livestream tomorrow, I will mention SZA.
    I think this definitely boils down to personal taste, and there has to be a separation between what you personally want and what you recognize as "major" for the rest of the world. For instance, I don't like country music, but I recognize it as a major genre that lots of people would find missing way before subsets within alternative and rock, like screamo or trip hop. Country also can't just be lumped in as a subcategory under rock or pop, for instance. Hip hop and related music categories (which .... well, are clearly heavily African-American in origin/influence/appreciation) are not merely pop or subsets of pop. And they're missing. And I'm not mad at the developers or anything, because for all I know they're working on it. But they're clearly missing. Any kind of single Soul category would instantly fill that missing element. You're not going to get millions of people to say that screamo is missing, or that Spooky isn't true goth, etc. That would be like if they finally release hip hop and I complain there is no gangsta rap station (which I would not). I'm not gonna get all these minute subcategories on top of the major one... that would be crazy.

So, all personal preferences aside, there is niche and there is major. Major will always need representation before niche. Black music (to put it bluntly) is a major category.

Good news is you can always add custom music. Maybe add some real goth music to Spooky, idk.

I'm happy we at least found some common ground on Katy Perry-- lol
    I think this definitely boils down to personal taste
    Always
    I don't like country music
    Does anyone? :p
    I recognize it as a major genre that lots of people would find missing way before subsets within alternative and rock, like screamo or trip hop.
    Trip hop is a subgenre of R&B/Hip hop/Soul, made into one listenable package. Separately, they're not so easy to listen to. :p
    Screamo is a sub genre of emo, which is a sub genre of post hardcore, which is a sub genre of punk. Which the game lacks.
    Country also can't just be lumped in as a subcategory under rock or pop, for instance.
    But it could be lumped under a rock.

Hip hop and related music categories (which .... well, are clearly heavily African-American in origin/influence/appreciation) are not merely pop or subsets of pop.
    20+ years ago, no. Today? not since the labels got their grubby hands on the terms.

You're not going to get millions of people to say that screamo is missing
    What a shame, they don't know what they're missing out on. B)

or that Spooky isn't true goth
    wut?
    It's a tim burton movie soundtrack.

I'm, not even really asking for goth, or screamo, or half of what I've listed. What the game is lacking is what it has had in the past: Darkwave It touched close enough to most of what I would put in the game if I had control over it. So, put it back in, and I'm a happy chappy.

Though, to be honest, punk would be nice. You know the sort where a 4 minute song is thrashed out in half the time. Even if it's just a punk band covering Britney Spears.

That would be like if they finally release hip hop and I complain there is no gangsta rap station (which I would not).
    No.
    It'd be like the added Wierd Al singing rap songs polka style, and called it hip hop.

Black music (to put it bluntly) is a major category.
    So, when are they adding Yothu Yindi?
    Maybe add some real goth music to Spooky, idk.
    Can you delete what's already in there?
    And why aren't you suggesting that people add their hip hop to that too? Why you gotta pick on the goth kid?
    I'm happy we at least found some common ground on Katy Perry-- lol
    She's not all bad, she's just not what I want in my game.

Strangely, I miss lily

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h445jP7oopw

• BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    There's an option to disable specific songs in the Settings menu :)
    If they can't bring more songs then at least adding a Create-a-radio option would be nice.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Hip hop and R&B are missing and need to be added. R&B especially for slowdancing. Of course I also think Scary Instrumental Music needs to be added to the Spooky Station and we need Steele Drums and Beach Music when a Tropical Beach Pack releases. I'd also like to see a bluegrass station added.
    Hip hop and R&B are missing and need to be added. R&B especially for slowdancing. Of course I also think Scary Instrumental Music needs to be added to the Spooky Station and we need Steele Drums and Beach Music when a Tropical Beach Pack releases. I'd also like to see a bluegrass station added.
    With Reggae music
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Are we really arguing about why there aren't any music genres and subgenres of this and that in the Sims 4? Really??
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png